Locations…in Detail
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I'm aware that there is already a thread on where to unload already which is great..

but after a little experience of my own today i thought of this..

pin locations e.g Kinglake,Anglesea,Greendale(wombat) ect and have a discription on:
-Terrain
-Level in the wet/dry 
-Videos
-and any other bits and pieces people can read up on!

Only came to mind due to what i experienced today..me and a mate decided to go suss out Toolangi..
one of the boys gave me a unload spot which was spot on….but the the riding out there was mostly fire trail aka 4wd paradise did find some ST but most were dead ends!
which for me personally sucked don't get me wrong i love to fly down open stuff and jump wash outs but was a bit of a bummer driving all the way from Essendon.. i probably missed some of the better stuff out there being a first ride..but maybe with what I've said above people can really pick out there rides properly especially if its a explore/first time cause not every ride is planned…..like today i decided why not go for a ride @ 10:00am
:)

ALSO a thread on  Favourite place to ride and why? could be a good read for when your bored during the week!

Sometimes area's like this you need to go with someone who has local knowledge ... 

Not a lot of people will put up maps or specific loops ...

As one major problem is the Forum cant be seen to encourage certain types of riding  :)

Although we all do it the forum just cant be seen involved directly !!

This is why the the unloading area thread was started ... Up to the point of thieves started to target those ares that were highlighted for parking.

This is why you find the Unload areas being changed and only PM'd to those confirmed for rides  :)

Most rides from certain unload ares have that in the ride description as the terrain can be as easy or as hard as the lead rider wants to make it from the same spot.

Dazza

• Like 1

Sometimes area's like this you need to go with someone who has local knowledge ... 

Not a lot of people will put up maps or specific loops ...

As one major problem is the Forum cant be seen to encourage certain types of riding   :)

Although we all do it the forum just cant be seen involved directly !!

This is why the the unloading area thread was started ... Up to the point of thieves started to target those ares that were highlighted for parking.

This is why you find the Unload areas being changed and only PM'd to those confirmed for rides   :)

Most rides from certain unload ares have that in the ride description as the terrain can be as easy or as hard as the lead rider wants to make it from the same spot.

Dazza

All valid points mate 100%...

what i meant by in detail is maybe something like the website "mototrailsoz"  but in Dirtriderz style/layout as it would probably be more accurate/newer content to judge off so on so forth..

i know realistically that nobody is going to post a red dotted line on google maps for me to follow... but just a little description could be helpful for all to use :)

Hey mate like bandicoot said its better u go with someone that knows the area, not much st in there but there is some big hill climbs in there witch I like.

I find toolangi a challenge in the wet with that red clay is good fun.

• Like 1

Hey mate like bandicoot said its better u go with someone that knows the area, not much st in there but there is some big hill climbs in there witch I like.

I find toolangi a challenge in the wet with that red clay is good fun.

no doubt mate..

my main point in the "suggestion" was really just to achieve whats like on that mototrailsoz website..

but with videos and comments that aren't a few years old..and more accurate seeing that this forum is fairly active in general..

but on another note.. that "rocky track" hill straight from the cars is a solid warm up..a few blokes on MX bikes were at the carpark scratching there heads/ telling me and a friend "good luck getting up that...we're pretty stuck" 

Lol yeah nice warm up, there is a heap more better then that one, there r two hard ones in there that still have it over me.

Did u guys get up rocky hill?

yeah i got up first attempt no stalls :) (was wrapped)

and my buddy a couple of stalls and what not but was right behind me @ the top !!

I can see where Bruce is coming from. For me to ride at any of the areas listed on this site, I am looking at a minimum 2 hour drive and most times a lot further. It is just not worth going unless you can hook up with a local dirtrider.

Just last weekend I was looking at Tallarook which is a 3 hour drive. In the end I chickened out because I didn't want to waste time riding on the wrong tracks or end up over my head.

One day though......

• Like 1

no doubt mate..

my main point in the "suggestion" was really just to achieve whats like on that mototrailsoz website..

but with videos and comments that aren't a few years old..and more accurate seeing that this forum is fairly active in general..

but on another note.. that "rocky track" hill straight from the cars is a solid warm up..a few blokes on MX bikes were at the carpark scratching there heads/ telling me and a friend "good luck getting up that...we're pretty stuck" 

I have seen a few guys ruin their day on the old rocky track, smashed cases, levers and pegs and the odd 4WD looking worse for wear,

used to be some great single just out of the car park, got closed down with trees and excavators digging huge holes

• Like 1