Confidential Home Contact List
5 5

68 posts in this topic

Just wondered if it is worth making a home contact list that is confidential (of course) but used when a rider is unable to make it home because of an unfortunate circumstance.

Say for instance I had an accident and could not make it home on time or got taken in an ambulance, I would want my wife/family to know where I am. I'm pretty sure a famil/partner/......... would get worried not knowing where we are if we're not home yet .....!

I know this would be a topic that is difficult to think about but important all the same.

Just wondering, that's all.

• Like 1

I have mobile number of at least one person on a ride and leave it on bench at home for wifey, with destination,

And i sms her when finished all good

Oh amd u cant rely on someone using your mobile in a crash as it may be broken......so the number left on the bemch at home...or cops ringing home witll most likely be the outcome of a medical emerg.

You shouold have a number stored in your phone as ICE in your phone with next of kin number stored under it.cops and ambulance will look for that and ring it...stands for in case of emergency

So i think its bloody hillarious that when my wife rings it comes up as ice ha haaa

Ice ice baby

• Like 2

Hi Fully (when is the next Wildwood?), I have been on 10 rides with dirtriderZ and have never had 1 phone number to leave at home. I am sure that there are more than just me that this applies to. Also no one I ride with has my home details.

Just sayin that's all.

Hey, next wildwood 12 oct.

Yeah in the pm you should ask. Thats what i have done in the past, i now have a long list of numbers and people have mine. I usually ask for lead and sweeps number and its unlikey everyone will do a leemings and ride off the same cliff...unless its wildwood

Think,thats the best way to do it.....as dont forget we are not going on organised rides from legal eagle point of view, just coupla people maybe following each other

P.s. Its really 3:13 am as it daylight savings put clocks forward at 2am.

Why are we all still awake?

My ipad, computer and smart tv all automatically moved forward at 2am...how lazy is that

• Like 1

IMO

I think in theory this would be a good idea, location, maybe not so much exact address on a list (Internet security). Phone number with public and private option with only admin to access.

But you need some faith/trust in the guys you ride with in the event of an accident to look after your stuff.

Racv is also a good option for vehicle return home if something happens.

The guys I have riden with so far, all seem to be extremely honest in the event if something would happen.

1. If accident happened it would be posted on forum. Possibly video too.

2. Generally it would be a member thats been around a while that safeguards your stuff and many others would know them too.

3. Accident, bike has registration (me insurance also) police can check for details.

4. Licence carried on rider. Law!

5. Some riders have mobile. (I dont see point if you have no reception and cant afford replacement).

6. Some have gps (I do to map) great for coordinates when getting help.

7. Tow vehicle should have rego too.

8. This is why you dont ride alone!

• Like 1

Most guys that lead a ride will usually do a PM with their Phone number and meeting point etc....... if they don't,,, ask them?? just a thought?

10 rides I have had with DirtriderZ and never have I had a contact number of a fellow rider nor a rider had my contact details.

I'm just sayin that we don't have a bullet proof system that covers everyone!

• Like 1

IMO

I think in theory this would be a good idea, location, maybe not so much exact address on a list (Internet security). Phone number with public and private option with only admin to access.

Agreed, address is not required, just a contact number, only accessable by autherised people/staff/......

But you need some faith/trust in the guys you ride with in the event of an accident to look after your stuff.

Racv is also a good option for vehicle return home if something happens.

Yes good point. I never even considered the stuff, car, bike, other bits, I was mailny concerned about family not knowing where we are if we didn't get home.

The guys I have riden with so far, all seem to be extremely honest in the event if something would happen.

Agreed again, I have not yet met any riderZ that I doubted in any way.

1. If accident happened it would be posted on forum. Possibly video too.

This does not help family though, none of my family see this website or would know how to navigate it.

2. Generally it would be a member thats been around a while that safeguards your stuff and many others would know them too.

3. Accident, bike has registration (me insurance also) police can check for details.

You are correct, this is probable the answer to my initial issue. Your reg will tell autorities who you are, I am not sure if they have contact details though, or if they use them.

4. Licence carried on rider. Law!

5. Some riders have mobile. (I dont see point if you have no reception and cant afford replacement).

6. Some have gps (I do to map) great for coordinates when getting help.

7. Tow vehicle should have rego too.

8. This is why you dont ride alone!

Agreed, absolutely should never ride alone. If you brake down at the bottom of a big valley or fell off and broke your leg and have no phone coverage or knocked your self out. Never alone

Maybe an emergency contact number for DirtriderZ admin/.....??? If there are any bad accidents then details can be provided to them, likewise, if our family are concerned they can ring this number.

Maybe when a lead rider posts a ride, they need to leave their number by default on the original post or leave there number in a data base so whe you call DirtriderZ admin, they have the number of the lead.

I'm not sure the best way. The more I think of it, the more there is to it.

All good ideas though, keep them coming, that is how problems get solved.

• Like 1

haha The less people know where I am the better I think.

yep possible emergency contact number if stuff goes pair shaped only accessed by admin or authorised persons.

and If I taught my family to navigate my computer Id be in the shit!

But as for accessing details it easier than you might think for a police officer, they run a rego check through the RTA on their computers and whalla all your details including the last contact number you gave them ei licence or new rego change etc. And as simple as someone sending out a patrol car to your house. Or if you have a criminal record. 

Its all shared between Government agencies now, that's why the sheriffs get called by them if fines not paid, IT SUCKS for those being caught and cars clamped. (not me)  

Forgot to add Ambulance COVER too

• Like 1

If people wanted to get some sort of a list happening, and there was enough interest for the above, i would be more than happy to sort something out, where admins and mods only were able to access peoples contact details....

I already have a fairly large list of peoples names and addresses on file for posting stuff out, i also have quite a few phone numbers,

I guess there are always going to be people who are all for this, and those who are perhaps a bit more private and choose to keep it that way..

Happy to see how this thread pans out and go from there..

• Like 3

I'm only new to this forum but think a list is a good thing. On another forum were I'm a moderator we would get everyone's number who was going on that trip to the trip leader so if anything happened we could text to all the group, but having family contacts and addresses will be difficult as some wife's / parents won't want there info public.

In saying that if you had a list on here that only a few had access too that could be called to get in contact would be a good thing and could benifet in more than one way. Good for emergances, organising events and sending out prizes and stuff.

• Like 1

This is a good idea, always has been :)

But at this stage i am not interesting in getting them made up, i have vinyl cut stickers, fork decals etc etc, that a lot of people wanted, i got them done and now they just sit there....

If someone else would like to run with this and get it happening, that might be the best bet

This is a good idea, always has been :)

But at this stage i am not interesting in getting them made up, i have vinyl cut stickers, fork decals etc etc, that a lot of people wanted, i got them done and now they just sit there....

If someone else would like to run with this and get it happening, that might be the best bet

No probs Geoffro, was just kidding. They're only $15 anyway. Would be good if they could be DirtriderZ decaled though!

I guess as I started it, if any one was interested, I would place a larger order.

• Like 1

Stick a sticker on ur helmet, write in texta, or stick it under visor...free

Lol, you are totally correct Fully........

The trouble is I am lazy and this is cheap and ready to go.

P.S. Are you riding wildwood?

Definitely keen.

Maybe start up a new thread with http://www.wizid.com.au/sports-safety/sport-id-helmet-id.html as the preferred option.

You only need 21 people and its down to $13.09.

Pretty cheap really. 

Actually very very cheap when you think about it.

What do you mean as the prefered option?

If we order 10 units it will cost $15 each sent to my house then I will need to send out (maybe $1.50 each) so will be about $16 to $17 each.

We can order one to our door for $19.60. I am happy to place a bulk order it will only save each around $2.

The funny thing, I asked them for a quote for 10 units sent to individual addresses, the quote came back as $22 each (WTF, lol) .

Oh amd u cant rely on someone using your mobile in a crash as it may be broken......so the number left on the bemch at home...or cops ringing home witll most likely be the outcome of a medical emerg.

You shouold have a number stored in your phone as ICE in your phone with next of kin number stored under it.cops and ambulance will look for that and ring it...stands for in case of emergency

So i think its bloody hillarious that when my wife rings it comes up as ice ha haaa

Ice ice baby

My wife comes up as ICE on my phone too.

No one seems to understand why.

• Like 2