Hoobz904

'No-Toil' biodegradable air filter system. 10 out of 10.

I never used any rim grease before using No-Toil. Do you use another rim grease now Cal, or nothing?

I wonder if it's worth using any at all too. Surely the pressure squeezing the air filter foam to the flange is enough to keep dirt from passing through this area.

The grease does tend to want to seperate, but we just mix it quickly before using it. The grease does work, just gotta put a little extra on cause it soaks into the filter a bit.

I have 2 full bottles of cleaner , but am running low on oil :(

Does anyone know where we can order the oil online at a good price? Rocky Mountain does not deliver this item to AU.

On a side note, I ordered a Backfire resistant High Flow Filter and cage (I think its called power flow) from Rocky Mountain in my last order and it has made a nice difference to my bikes rideability and power along side the Jetting. Highly recommend this if you want your bike to breathe nicely!

I have 2 full bottles of cleaner , but am running low on oil :(

Does anyone know where we can order the oil online at a good price? Rocky Mountain does not deliver this item to AU.

http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/N5AFMN026/title/no-toil-evo-2pc-air-filter-maintenance-kit

Flick em a email mate and see if they post.

I have been thinking about using this product for awhile, after reading the review here i am going to give it a go.

I have been thinking about using this product for awhile, after reading the review here i am going to give it a go.

You wont be disappointed Paul! after using No Toil i cant see myself going back to brands i have previously used

Every time I clean and change the filter, I think how in hell did I ever put up with using the other crap for so long. This stuff is so much friendlier.

I is stoked that others are getting into it as well.

You wont be disappointed Paul! after using No Toil i cant see myself going back to brands i have previously used

Thanks mate only bummer is I cant get it in Ballarat.

I use No toil.

I have been told by my mechanic that my filters may not be cleaned/oiled correctly due to the ring wear that had occurred.

So I put my cleaning method to the test today to see just how efficient it had been.

I have 3 filters. So putting the No Toil cleaner into a bucket with some water and washed as per normal. As far as I could see, they were clean. When dry, this is the point I would normally oil the filters ready to use again.

So I then threw them into the washing machine with a bit of laundry powder and a cap of no toil cleaner.

I was amazed just how dirty the water became. Was thinking that it may just be rinsing out the residue left from the initial clean.

After the wash water had been pumped out. Then came the rinse. As the rinse water was pumping out of the washer I put a fine sieve under the flow. I was really surprised just how much grit got captured in the sieve?

So now I know. I was definitely leaving a heap of gritty sand/dirt in the freshly oiled filters. No wonder I wore my rings out so quickly.

From now on. I will give an initial clean to get the oil out of the filters. Then I will be throwing them into the washing machine to get all the dirt and grit out.

When the filters were dry. I poured No Toil oil into a plastic bag. Put in filter and massaged the oil in. Squeezing out any excess oil back into the bag for the next filter continuing till all three were oiled. Hang in garage to dry.

They will get a film of grease on them to seal them to the carb boot as and when I fit them.

My question. I know No Toil have there own grease. And applying this works fine. Presuming the cleaner also dissolves this grease when cleaning. If I use regular grease. Will the No Toil remove that? Do I need to use turps if I use a petroleum based grease?

Don't want to have to clean out the washing machine of grease.

Can't help with the grease info but after watching the mechanic doing a no toil filter wash on the DVD that came with Dirt Action I was wondering how it could be clean, not just because he was washing it in a bucket (bath v shower) but the filter he had was a dual layer bonded together so for all he new the dirt was all trapped between the two layers. I'll stick to my system of washing through from inside to outside so the dirt leaves the way it came in and never gets deeper into the foam. ie I wont be using no toil.

I am a new no toil convert and I applied it to my filter before my last ride.

Its been dry for around a week and a half now. My question is how does the filter feel when its dried?

Using filter oil in the past it has been very sticky. My filter does not feel even half as sticky as this?

My question. I know No Toil have there own grease. And applying this works fine. Presuming the cleaner also dissolves this grease when cleaning. If I use regular grease. Will the No Toil remove that? Do I need to use turps if I use a petroleum based grease?

Don't want to have to clean out the washing machine of grease.

If you use regular grease Cruiser,I doubt No-Toil will remove it. You'll have to use petrol/turps etc. which defeats the purpose.

For those that are wondering about creek crossings etc. affecting you filters.. I oiled up a few last week without wearing gloves. When it came time to wash my hands,I found it hard to get the sh!t off until I added a little of the powdered cleaner.

Iv'e got a few oiled up in plastic snap lock bags now,so hopefully they'll be fine for the next filter change.

Sorry Hoobz - I don't like No Toil. I used 2 lot's of it and found that the oil did not work as well as the motorex oil I used and the cleaner they give you does not get out all the crap that gets into the foam - and with the No Toil I found that dust and grit got deep into my air filter and was harder to remove. The Motorex kept the crap on the out side and did not allow it to settle deep into the filter. I wash my filters with turps by hand and they come out looking like brand new when used with liquid motorex filter oil.

Sorry - not a fan of No Toil.

Yazza

After speaking to cruiser i decided to give this stuff a go, got the kit for $23 at Byrners in frankston.

Planned on doing it this afternoon but had some beers after work and fell asleep instead, so tomorrow is the day.

Thanks for the write up Hoobz. I have been keen to try this for a while but after my Cape York trip 2 years ago i have had an over supply of filter oil :blink:

As i will be stuck doing this for some time yet, are you able to tell me how you disposed of your excess turps? I have been pouring mine over the weeds in my garden :unsure: works well but isnt good for the environment....

Also love your 'air filter dryer'. Very creative. I will be getting a spare coat hanger out from the closet when i get home B) .

Cheers

RR

No worries Yazza. You're not the only one who prefers other stuff.

I'm still stoked about using this product. After about 60 hours of using it I rebuilt my top end. There was no sign of dusting or whatever at all. Everything was in pretty good nick actually. Bore and vale seats were pretty good. Didn't have to do a new piston but did it anyway for preventative maintenance. I've never ever found any dust lining the intake boot just inside the air filter, so it's gotta be working ok. I'm not the most pedantic of air filter cleaners, definitely don't do it every ride, maybe every 3 rides..if lucky.

I've gotta say it again, every time I clean the air filter I think of how crazy I was using the oil based stuff cleaning it with turps was. This is waaayyyyy easier, and cleaner to use by a gazillion times over.

It's still in my top 5 of best things I have ever done with regards to dirt biking.

No worries Yazza. You're not the only one who prefers other stuff.

I'm still stoked about using this product. After about 60 hours of using it I rebuilt my top end. There was no sign of dusting or whatever at all. Everything was in pretty good nick actually. Bore and vale seats were pretty good. Didn't have to do a new piston but did it anyway for preventative maintenance. I've never ever found any dust lining the intake boot just inside the air filter, so it's gotta be working ok. I'm not the most pedantic of air filter cleaners, definitely don't do it every ride, maybe every 3 rides..if lucky.

I've gotta say it again, every time I clean the air filter I think of how crazy I was using the oil based stuff cleaning it with turps was. This is waaayyyyy easier, and cleaner to use by a gazillion times over.

It's still in my top 5 of best things I have ever done with regards to dirt biking.

i bought two preoiled notoils from rmatv for $16 each. great value and easy to clean and reuse. haven't noticed any more dusting then usual oil.

Been using it for about a year ... cleans better than turps & soapy water ever did, although loving the "mess free" business with only 1 bucket and no sticky crap.

Have heard of the green oil drying out if left sitting for too long, so only oil when a ride is near.