The Fall Guy

2014 Husqvarna Fe350 Vs Te300 Vs Modified Ag Bike (Baaah Hahaha)

The only 250 I have ridden was a 250sxf. It was fun but I'm not a great rider so I found the snappy throttle response and stiff suspension setup not that great for technical trail riding but a good rider coming from an mx background probably wouldn't have any issues.

The exc/fe are more mellow with more suitable suspension. I think I would love the FE250.

If you are a racer ask Sink Chris and Cluffie what they think.

I'm definitely no racer but interested in doing some hare scrambles and more enduros this year.    I guess I'm looking for the best all a rounder with that excitement to it.   I like to ride trails, single track and often ride lazy.

Then fe250 is for you, I had 530, 350 and now 250, if you can try to test ride 250 but I know if had the option again to choose between 350 and 250 I would definitely go 250, but this is me. Not really for lazy riding as the 250 loves to be reved.

• Like 1

If you want all rounder that you can be lazy on then probably the fe350 beats the 300 in my opinion.

The 300 is pretty versatile too though. Seriously try and test ride both.

Have to check out Brendan's Husaberg but I'd be interested to give it a try.

I'm in the process of getting a trailer.

It happens the 250sxf is for sale as well at the moment  ... :)  :)  

• Like 1

I'll stick up for my steed! I have a 2013 Husaberg FE 350.

The 350 is where its at. Some people will chime in saying otherwise but the 350 is a very versatile and capable enduro/trail bike. All my Berg needed was a pipe to let it breathe a little better and it give it a better snap of throttle.

I have been on a closed section of private sandy track recently and had a couple of top gear drag races with 2 different KTM 500's and the 350 held its own pretty well with the bigger bore bike. They only marginally pulled away after a bit of side by side action.

I know quite a few people who race the 350's quite happily, competitively and successfully. One was even competing at the Red Bull Romainiacs up against the many 300's.

I had an 06 Honda CRF 450X before this and the while it was a bit more powerful, the only thing I missed when I changed over to my 350 was the instant snap of throttle. This was fixed when I put the new pipe on.

After a day of riding the 350, I always feel like I could still ride more and I'm not exactly a fit man anymore. They just dont wear you out.

The 350's climb really well. If I stuff a hillclimb, I have restarted on angles that I shouldn't have got going again on and motor on up to the top. 

When I first got my 350 I rode a 12 TE 300 in the highcountry for a bit and loved it. It felt lighter than my bike and I thought I had made a mistake buying the 350, as it seemed like it could be thrown around even easier than my 350. Come later in the day and a tough hillclimb made me more than happy to be the proud owner of the 4 stroke 350. I got up this slippery, greasy, rocky, rutted hill that my mate (who is a much better rider than me) couldn't get up on his TE 300.

You probably can lug around a 350 better than a 250, but lugging isn't where the fun is at, twisting the throttle is and the 350 seems to rev for ever. Sits on 100km/h no worries than twist the throttle and it pulls hard from there.

No mixing oils or stinking up rides!

Better useable power that would suit most riders, if you need more power, use more throttle!

• Like 2

Better useable power that would suit most riders, if you need more power, use more throttle!

I agree with that and everything else you said.

I honestly reckon if you only could have one bike to do absolutely everything on, the 350 is the bike to get, and I'm not a great rider so it definitely suits a large cross section of rider abilities.

Love the sound of that 300 though. Hahaha

I'll stick up for my steed! I have a 2013 Husaberg FE 350.

The 350 is where its at. Some people will chime in saying otherwise but the 350 is a very versatile and capable enduro/trail bike. All my Berg needed was a pipe to let it breathe a little better and it give it a better snap of throttle.

I have been on a closed section of private sandy track recently and had a couple of top gear drag races with 2 different KTM 500's and the 350 held its own pretty well with the bigger bore bike. They only marginally pulled away after a bit of side by side action.

I know quite a few people who race the 350's quite happily, competitively and successfully. One was even competing at the Red Bull Romainiacs up against the many 300's.

I had an 06 Honda CRF 450X before this and the while it was a bit more powerful, the only thing I missed when I changed over to my 350 was the instant snap of throttle. This was fixed when I put the new pipe on.

After a day of riding the 350, I always feel like I could still ride more and I'm not exactly a fit man anymore. They just dont wear you out.

The 350's climb really well. If I stuff a hillclimb, I have restarted on angles that I shouldn't have got going again on and motor on up to the top. 

When I first got my 350 I rode a 12 TE 300 in the highcountry for a bit and loved it. It felt lighter than my bike and I thought I had made a mistake buying the 350, as it seemed like it could be thrown around even easier than my 350. Come later in the day and a tough hillclimb made me more than happy to be the proud owner of the 4 stroke 350. I got up this slippery, greasy, rocky, rutted hill that my mate (who is a much better rider than me) couldn't get up on his TE 300.

You probably can lug around a 350 better than a 250, but lugging isn't where the fun is at, twisting the throttle is and the 350 seems to rev for ever. Sits on 100km/h no worries than twist the throttle and it pulls hard from there.

No mixing oils or stinking up rides!

I appreciate your feedback on your Berg.   Biggest concern I have with the 350 is not having enough power.   The 250 I have now lacks power and is one of the reasons I'm over it.   I miss the torque my 450 had.   We don't have many hill climbs here in FL but on occasion a few of us head up to KTM world in Georgia where its all hill climbs and thats where the power delivery of a 4 stroke shines.   Most the guys that ride FL swear up and down on the 2 stroke but thats mainly due to all the sand..   Really tough call.   At $9k and both bikes being so close to one another its a tough decision.    Appreciate the feedback!

Has anyone seen a dyno chart on each bike?   I can't seem to find anything online.

I haven't seen one but to me the 300 seems like it has more power but the biggest difference I can tell straight away just by riding it is that the 300 2 stroke has a much steeper torque curve meaning it develops power faster with increasing revs, but it also loses power faster with decreasing revs.

I have to say though even though the 300 has more power if you spend a lot of your time riding over 65mph (over 100km/h) then the 350 is the clear winner in my opinion.

I think you need to test ride the bikes. It really depends where you ride it most.

I haven't seen one but to me the 300 seems like it has more power but the biggest difference I can tell straight away just by riding it is that the 300 2 stroke has a much steeper torque curve meaning it develops power faster with increasing revs, but it also loses power faster with decreasing revs.

I have to say though even though the 300 has more power if you spend a lot of your time riding over 65mph (over 100km/h) then the 350 is the clear winner in my opinion.

I think you need to test ride the bikes. It really depends where you ride it most.

Yeah from the little I test rode the 300 I noticed that.   Most of the riding we have in Fl is under 65mph.    In an enduro you might hit a connecting trail where you can really gas it but most of the stuff we have here in FL is sand, whoops and tight technical trails.

I appreciate your feedback on your Berg. Biggest concern I have with the 350 is not having enough power. The 250 I have now lacks power and is one of the reasons I'm over it. I miss the torque my 450 had. We don't have many hill climbs here in FL but on occasion a few of us head up to KTM world in Georgia where its all hill climbs and thats where the power delivery of a 4 stroke shines. Most the guys that ride FL swear up and down on the 2 stroke but thats mainly due to all the sand.. Really tough call. At $9k and both bikes being so close to one another its a tough decision. Appreciate the feedback!

i dont know anyone who dislikes their 350. they are the jack of all trades.
  • Like 1