The Fall Guy

2014 Husqvarna Fe350 Vs Te300 Vs Modified Ag Bike (Baaah Hahaha)

So where is everyones honest report on the FE ?????

C'mon ...  Give !!!!!!!!

Maybe they are in the process of purchasing the last available FE350s before they say anything.

:P

I could easily see that some would prefer the TE300 though. It wouldn't be an easy decision for me at least. If all out fun is highest priority I would probably get the TE300, but the FE350 isn't really that far behind in that area either.

What I reckon is more amazing is they seem impossible to stall.

I'm not a 2 stroke guy so maybe it's nothing special to people familiar with 2 strokes but I intentionally tried to stall the bike in 3rd gear at walking speed and the bike just laughed back at me and pulled right off the bottom.

okie dokie,

Had no expectations at all on the FE350 mainly because, i don't really care about them, just not that interested as i already have a new toy to play with.

So, jumped on and i did actually take to it quite well. Felt a little bit fat and short but was ok, something you would get used to i guess. First thing i noticed was the linkage, just hooks up really well. Second thing was how soft the front end was, way to bouncy for my liking. The motor, bottom and mid was really good but i thought it just ran out of kick after that, but as soon as you give it another gear its back on target. Brakes, all ktm brakes are mint, having said that i think my sxf pulls up quicker. So after the first lap i was pretty impressed, very easy to ride no arm pump at all.

After this i went and cut 5 laps around Chris's loop which is the equivalent to 1 golden beach lap which i am going to be doing next month and i was pretty buggered after that. Standing around and recovering, just chewing the fat i thought ok might as well have another go on the Husky.

Second time round......... Just didn't really like it all. it would turn in like i was on the 450, bounced all over the place and wouldn't pull up where i wanted it to. Just playing around on it i decided to cruise around the track like a normal trail ride and i think this is what they are designed for. Was very comfy just sitting down and cruising round. Powered out nicely and pulled up hills. It was like once you stopped trying to ride it fast it worked really well. In summary, and please keep in mind this is only one very inexperienced trail bike riders opinion, I think it is a sweet bike for someone who just wants to go out once a month and cruise round the bush. In dirtriderz terms, the perfect level 2.5er bike with OMG. To the 350 club - RELAX. im not having a go its just one mans opinion and im sure you could set them up to suit  very very good riders but for me, as this one was, it was just a bit plain jane.

• Like 4

im not giving my opinion! hahaha

Dont be shy Chris ....

Not like you have ever kept quiet about things before !!!!

Or are you starting to think that the 250r isnt such a good idea ???? LOL  :P  :P

• Like 1

okie dokie,

Had no expectations at all on the FE350 mainly because, i don't really care about them, just not that interested as i already have a new toy to play with.

So, jumped on and i did actually take to it quite well. Felt a little bit fat and short but was ok, something you would get used to i guess. First thing i noticed was the linkage, just hooks up really well. Second thing was how soft the front end was, way to bouncy for my liking. The motor, bottom and mid was really good but i thought it just ran out of kick after that, but as soon as you give it another gear its back on target. Brakes, all ktm brakes are mint, having said that i think my sxf pulls up quicker. So after the first lap i was pretty impressed, very easy to ride no arm pump at all.

After this i went and cut 5 laps around Chris's loop which is the equivalent to 1 golden beach lap which i am going to be doing next month and i was pretty buggered after that. Standing around and recovering, just chewing the fat i thought ok might as well have another go on the Husky.

Second time round......... Just didn't really like it all. it would turn in like i was on the 450, bounced all over the place and wouldn't pull up where i wanted it to. Just playing around on it i decided to cruise around the track like a normal trail ride and i think this is what they are designed for. Was very comfy just sitting down and cruising round. Powered out nicely and pulled up hills. It was like once you stopped trying to ride it fast it worked really well. In summary, and please keep in mind this is only one very inexperienced trail bike riders opinion, I think it is a sweet bike for someone who just wants to go out once a month and cruise round the bush. In dirtriderz terms, the perfect level 2.5er bike with OMG. To the 350 club - RELAX. im not having a go its just one mans opinion and im sure you could set them up to suit  very very good riders but for me, as this one was, it was just a bit plain jane.

Nice mate.u gave it a little more cred than i certainly did thats for sure!

Id deffo rather have the dungy rep..

Dont be shy Chris ....

Not like you have ever kept quiet about things before !!!!

Or are you starting to think that the 250r isnt such a good idea ???? LOL  :P  :P

What i look for in a bike is different than anyone else on here.so my opinion is useless mate

What i look for in a bike is different than anyone else on here.so my opinion is useless mate

Nah ... Everyones opinion counts but its a matter of if it being accepted or not by other people  :)

Different opinion of people are good ... everything cant always be that good that there isnt a negative side to speak of !!!

Plus it encourages discussion and debate  :)

• Like 1

i think the 300 will be the better bike,im looking forward to riding that.i was fairly dissapointed in the 350!thought it would be allot better the way everyone was talking about them..deffinatley not the best all round bike just because its a mid capacity either,thats for sure!!

so gonna take the 300 out on a trail ride somewhere and give it a good ride!

EDIT:deffo wouldnt recomend it for a beginner!

• Like 3

I've got no idea what you are looking for but the TE300 is definitely less beginner friendly (I know you are not a beginner)

I've never ridden one but I would hazard a guess the Freeride 350 would be good for a beginner. Has anyone considered detuning the 350exc to a torquey 350 freeride spec?

i think the 300 will be the better bike,im looking forward to riding that.i was fairly dissapointed in the 350!thought it would be allot better the way everyone was talking about them..deffinatley not the best all round bike just because its a mid capacity either,thats for sure!!

so gonna take the 300 out on a trail ride somewhere and give it a good ride!

i'd say you'de find the exc motor really flat and the forks super soft and terrible at pace coming off mxers and also at your speed. imo,it's nearly impossible to go back until you add 15-20years of age.