detroit892

Tubliss Tyre Inserts

An alternate to tubliss and mousse?

I wonder if they will SERVE him well? I heard the REBOUND is ACE!

• Like 2

never seen or heard of that before must be a smugglers trick what are the t/balls really full of

There was a product around a while back which was similar. Some sort of balls that were inserted in the tyre but cant remember what they were called. 

There was a product around a while back which was similar. Some sort of balls that were inserted in the tyre but cant remember what they were called. 

tireballs. there inflatable to tune the feel you want. i've also seen some foam like discs that you can slot in also.

Might try to pack the tyre with bubble wrap

i've seen spinifex grass stuffed in the carcass and used out in the desert in desperation and it works.

i've seen spinifex grass stuffed in the carcass and used out in the desert in desperation and it works.

Have seen it too

I wonder if they will SERVE him well? I heard the REBOUND is ACE!

With comments like that I am starting to think that you and fullysick are related.

:)

I bet he LOVEs them and all his mates have a SET to MATCH him eh! I wouldnt be GAME to try it in case they came OUT.

• Like 1

I tried filling a front flat MTB tyre with grass once. So we could keep riding home.

Took a bit of time, and needed a top up after a few km.

Got home with just a tiny bit of rim damage.

But. The. Mess.

Took lots of cleaning to get all the mashed grass and juice out.

Never ever again. Phone a friend, come get next time.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Tom, but Nuetech (makers of tubliss) specifically say not to use a tyre changing machine..

I believe the opening line of their instructional vids begins with something alone these lines:

"There are many ways to change a tyre with tubes, bit the is only ONE way to change a tyre with tubliss"....

If you haven't already done so, make sure you watch the vids on their site - very well done (even I I did completely f*%k my front one!

• Like 1

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Tom, but Nuetech (makers of tubliss) specifically say not to use a tyre changing machine..

I believe the opening line of their instructional vids begins with something alone these lines:

"There are many ways to change a tyre with tubes, bit the is only ONE way to change a tyre with tubliss"....

If you haven't already done so, make sure you watch the vids on their site - very well done (even I I did completely f*%k my front one!

I use one of them tyre changers when fitting Tubliss on mine,you don't need the bead breaker but helps to hold the wheel.

You still have to lever the beads over the rim the same tubes or not.

• Like 2

I remember the old instructional video of tubliss was done on one of those.

I always use mine. I dont use the bead breaker but as Moo said its handy to be able to spin the wheel around as you lever it.

I probably done over 20 tyres on it.

• Like 1

I've ordered some tubliss (thanks rookie#1)

And this, on sale at just the right time

http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/T7TOTNNTC/title/torpedo7-portable-tyre-changer-with-bead-breaker

What you end up paying for the Tubliss ????

If you dont want to mention on here PM me instead  :)

What you end up paying for the Tubliss ????

If you dont want to mention on here PM me instead :)

I need to order a new front as well cos I totally ruined the last one - inner and outer components! -

So I'd be keen to know what the price on a front would be as well...

I got priced for some the other day .. but if Brendan (Rookie#1) can do a better deal I will just get some off him instead.

Rather fund forum members than someone else :)

• Like 1

I need to order a new front as well cos I totally ruined the last one - inner and outer components! -

So I'd be keen to know what the price on a front would be as well...

What did you do to the outa?

Damaged its bead in a couple of spots....

I don't recommend people work on them till the early hours and them crack the sh!ts and try and remove the tyre - damage may (and did) result!