Tubliss Tyre Inserts
4 4

244 posts in this topic

4bb9dcdb42a73ffa825372c9ecafb6ac.jpg

This was about $20 a few years back and does the job just fine!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I use a good t-handle bike pump. Serfas brand model fp-200 which i use on the kids bmx bikes which run french valves and 85psi.

0-160psi and spot on accurate. They are a bit dearer at around $80 in a good bike shop but are worth it if you have pushbikes also.

Pump it to 100psi and release valve and you have exactly 100psi in the hp tube.

Honestly I've ran 80 to 90 psi many times without issue.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Done that a couple of times also. Wouldn't own a bike without Tubliss on rear ever again I'm absolutely wrapped with mine

• Like 4

When I got mine they were not really heard of. I went off a couple of mates experiences. Never looked back.

A lot of people who didn't understand them, bagged them.

It's good to see more people seeing the benefits.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've had tubliss front and rear for 2.5 years. Only had one issue and that was in the high pressure tube at the valve junction. My fault though because it is recommended to replace these annually l think. 

My son races Offroad with them without issue also. The fact that you can limp back to the car with zero tyre pressure is a bonus. 

• Like 1

Hooked up a rear last week. I'd go so far as to say I am more amazed by these than I am by the KTM marketing department. Okay, not quite, but nearly.

1 hour ago, Marko_FE250 said:

I bought one few months ago and next tyre change it's going on, let's see what's all the fuss about emoji14.png .

there good but can be tricky to fit the first time.

Now fitted to both my sons and my bikes, 2 rides now on them what can I say? they are great heaps more grip, still doesn't mean that I won't be falling off all the time. Fitting watch the youtube video and get to it, I use plenty of soapy water fitting them, not a problem so far touch wood:drz (1):.  Also check the air pressure, in the high pressure tube before you ride, low pressure has stayed the same.

• Like 2

Torpedo 7 normally has them on special, but I think they only have 19" ATM. You would have to contact them to see if there going to stock the 18" and 19". 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, hoff300 said:

Torpedo 7 normally has them on special, but I think they only have 19" ATM. You would have to contact them to see if there going to stock the 18" and 19". 

Thanks!

Installed tubliss few weeks ago and I can say using tubliss system in winter when its slippery and muddy is like cheating. Cant believe how much extra grip you get with low tyre pressure even with summer tyre  X40. Few weeks ago I struggled to get up the slippery hill and once I let the pressure down to 2psi went straight up, last week at Dissa ride was wet but I had no problems getting up wet muddy slippery hills with 2psi. Front still have mousse and rear now tubliss, for me best combination for now :P.

Would definitely recommend tubliss system.

• Like 1

Installed tubliss few weeks ago and I can say using tubliss system in winter when its slippery and muddy is like cheating.

Because it is :)
I might start cheating this winter...
  • Like 3

ive got tubliss on the rear and run 100 HI 5 LOW on a X30.

an amazing difference compared to tubes   just wait to do the front one day when the tyre needs changing.   an amazing product.

• Like 1

On 05/05/2017 at 2:44 PM, Adste450 said:

ive got tubliss on the rear and run 100 HI 5 LOW on a X30.

an amazing difference compared to tubes   just wait to do the front one day when the tyre needs changing.   an amazing product.

Its good and well getting the extra grip, it is tempting to keep them at low psi all the time. But if your ride is fast paced with roots & square edge rocks and you ride a bigger bike with perhaps a bigger then average gut like me, I would recommend a minimum of 10 psi front & rear.  Less than this and I recently put some nice dents and pinched the sidewall of the tyre to a flat. I had around 3-4 psi & hit a little buried square edge rock.  If you need to take advantage of the low psi then keep a little hand pump with you as someone else mentioned earlier, to inflate a little stability back into the tyre.