1 1
Marko_FE250

Computer/laptop Repairs

My laptop is not charging, the problem is the broken/loose charging port, anybody handy with computers and interest in small job?

post-1906-0-76465000-1397443927_thumb.jp

With the price of NEW lappy's these days its probably cheaper to through it out and buy a new one .. lol  :P

The cost of repairs just doesnt compare to just being a throw away item these days !!!

The reason i say that is the old laptops used to have the plug soldered straight to the mother board and they were easy to break but modern one have a cable inside and connect further into the computer and don't usually break but that is why the move alot inside the laptop because they are just sitting in the plastic 

I know you are looking for someone to do it but You could fix it yourself the new port is <$10 on ebay as long as you can soldier, they are soldered onto a little board

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DC-Power-Jack-for-ASUS-N53JF-N53JQ-N53SN-N53SV-Charger-Port-Socket-Plug-Input-/301110316531?pt=AU_Laptop_Accessories&hash=item461b92cdf3&_uhb=1

Repair Vid

At work now so cant watch YouTube, will check tomorrow, thanks Shane.

I did try to open the laptop but there is hundreds of screws in there different sizes, not sure will do more damage.