bigmuzz

Finke Desert Race

17 hours ago, Biglumpy said:

Wonder if Toby Price will be up and riding in time? I really hope so! They might just stick him in a truck....

He kept saying on his video he wants to be fit for 4 months time meaning ready for Finke is how I read it. Lets hope so

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrNoodle said:

He kept saying on his video he wants to be fit for 4 months time meaning ready for Finke is how I read it. Lets hope so

Yeah i did see him saying that so hopefully he will be racing. Id love to see him break the record and go 6 wins there!

A bunch of lads started a club called Thongs & Tongs BBQ Club where we would have "meetings" (Basically get on the froffs with a bbq). So a few lads from this group are doing finke this year so we started Thongs & Tongs Racing Team. (Basically a piss take!!)

We fired up an instagram account to capture our adventures. So if anyone has instagram you should jump on board and give us a follow(If thats what youre into!)

@thongsandtongsracing 

226806_218903661461960_864956_n.jpg

• Like 3

All paid up. Just waiting on my confirmation email!!

Toby price has nominated for the bikes too!!!!

also noticed Yarrive Konsky....the boss of Honda MX and SX also riding a CRF in class 7

Finke has been opened up to 600 bikes this year......Last time i did it was the 40th finke with the 600 bikes and it was a shambles on the start line day one and also didnt get a sighting lap of the prologue track.....hope this year is much better organized!!

• Like 1

Pretty sure i just liked this photo on instagram....

You did.

It was quite scary how well it handled the whoops.
Braking and corners are not so confidence inspiring.

Had a good training day today.
af9573dfa4998d97bb2f651c7572a727.jpg

That's a big front sprocket, man you must be hitting some top speeds on that beast.

Must have been a few drop out over the weekend!! Wait list has gone (only had 2 riders left though) and the final tally of riders just now was 634. With still 50 odd days to go will probably see that number come down a bit.....

• Like 1

Bit of practice in the whoops before I fried the clutch. Yes it looks slow but I don't want to fall off and scratch it yet.

Parts should be here this week to get it going again just in time to drive the 3,000km to Alice.

VSb7lGYgYeU&feature

• Like 4