bigmuzz

Finke Desert Race

ok guys so I'm off to finke this year class 2 number 297 not a lot to report right now but I will keep you all up to date
with bike setup, race preparation and photos.
I'm a bit late getting started it was a last minute decision to race this year was planned for next year but will see
how I go. I've got a big to do list and a lot of calls to make but for now I'll stat you all off with the so far plan the plan is to get to Alice springs two weeks earlier for pre run last minute bike setup, adjustments and to get used to the nonstop whoops.
Any help or advice will be much appreciated a long the way..

• Like 6

Cool muzz

Whats ya prep in regards to fitness and riding in the lead up to it?

Where about are u going to ride in vic to train for it?

There's a fair few tough sand tracks down here so I'm just going for bike time on them and normal riding a lot of time on the pushy too and a little bit of time on the weight in the gym but trying to keep off them.

Good luck with it mate.  Train, train, train! and train some more.

Try HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) when doing cardio, makes it more interesting and works better to increase your VO2max.

ok guys so I'm off to finke this year class 2 number 297 not a lot to report right now but I will keep you all up to date

with bike setup, race preparation and photos.

I'm a bit late getting started it was a last minute decision to race this year was planned for next year but will see

how I go. I've got a big to do list and a lot of calls to make but for now I'll stat you all off with the so far plan the plan is to get to Alice springs two weeks earlier for pre run last minute bike setup, adjustments and to get used to the nonstop whoops.

Any help or advice will be much appreciated a long the way..

http://www.dirtriderz.com/topic/4304-finke-2012-done-and-dusted/?hl=finke

Here is my ride report from 2012.  It might give you a few ideas.

• Like 1

Hi Muzz

For that type of riding I reckon a steering damper would be of high value, keeping you upright, reducing fatigue, and allowing you to to hold it wide open.

If you already have one, then appologies

Hi Muzz

For that type of riding I reckon a steering damper would be of high value, keeping you upright, reducing fatigue, and allowing you to to hold it wide open.

If you already have one, then appologies

yea thanks its in the post now.

• Like 1

Okay quick update got some good news got Roe Motorcycle and mower on board as a sponsor. So head over and like there Facebook page and check out the website.

• Like 2

Okay quick update got some good news got Roe Motorcycle and mower on board as a sponsor. So head over and like there Facebook page and check out the website.

Awesome work mate, you'll be too good to hang out with me now!

I don't know mate just getting to your level.

Hahaha, at least I can say I knew this guy before he was famous
  • Like 1

Post up a link so we can all like it.

im going, number 604 on a crf450r. heading up from my area with about 7 riders plus support ect.. training = beer and wing it. heading to rainbow this weekend to play in the sand. will be doing hattah aswell.

• Like 1

Just thought of something else. It's probably worth regearing the bike for the sustained high speeds.

Not sure how it's currently geared but maybe something like +1 on the front and -4 on the rear at a guess.

Just thought of something else. It's probably worth regearing the bike for the sustained high speeds.

Not sure how it's currently geared but maybe something like +1 on the front and -4 on the rear at a guess.

Id say he's already going to do that.but the 500 will get up to around 160ish kmh with stock gearing
  • Like 1