5 5
J-man

Smokers Lounge

On 1/11/2019 at 4:40 PM, Gypsy501 said:

I swear I started getting my first signs of grey hairs from when I bought my first 2t .

I swear l saw the signs of grey hair when l bought my first 4 stroke 4 years ago, followed by broken ribs (never busted a bone in my riding life), a rotor cuff...year back on a 2t and all l suffer is from lack of ability, same issue l had when l rode 2ts for 15years - back to normal:D

• Like 4

I swear l saw the signs of grey hair when l bought my first 4 stroke 4 years ago, followed by broken ribs (never busted a bone in my riding life), a rotor cuff...year back on a 2t and all l suffer is from lack of ability, same issue l had when l rode 2ts for 15years - back to normal
Camping at goughs bay over many years with other noisy campers would of also helped on bringing on your grey.
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ohmygewd said:

I swear l saw the signs of grey hair when l bought my first 4 stroke 4 years ago, followed by broken ribs (never busted a bone in my riding life), a rotor cuff...year back on a 2t and all l suffer is from lack of ability, same issue l had when l rode 2ts for 15years - back to normal:D

So are you saying that 2 strokes are safer to ride? Will now add that to my arsenal of reasons not to go 4 stroke. 

I read it on the internet..................It must be true.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Gypsy501 said:

Shane how did the new weapon go??

Done two hours this morning mate and it feels amazing straight up,just torqued up hills ect without a hassle.throttle response is sensational and it idle slow.considering Neerim is dry and loose handled great,no real dramas not riding a two stroke for 20 odd years either so should gel nicely.cheers :adulazione-01:

• Like 5

Done two hours this morning mate and it feels amazing straight up,just torqued up hills ect without a hassle.throttle response is sensational and it idle slow.considering Neerim is dry and loose handled great,no real dramas not riding a two stroke for 20 odd years either so should gel nicely.cheers :adulazione-01:

Great stuff, they are amazing bike , you will for more in love with the bike as you ride her more
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Gypsy501 said:

Great stuff, they are amazing bike , you will for more in love with the bike as you ride her moreemoji106.png

I am tipping that is going to be the case,I can see in the short time (even though running it in) riding it why people are raving about it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cruiser said:

So are you saying that 2 strokes are safer to ride? Will now add that to my arsenal of reasons not to go 4 stroke. 

I read it on the internet..................It must be true.

100%:sorriso-02:

• Haha 1

Bikes sound great and he has had no real problems in the fleet. Even the gear levers and footpegs have lasted. I don't like those stupid grab handles.
Only negative thing is that he didnt say that he had replaced any oil pumps? These are due at 80hrs max. Being such a critical part and i'd expect a hire company to service their fleet to the manufacturers recommendations. Not smart to roll the dice here imo.
Overall his bikes have held up exceptionally well.

• Like 2

Hmmm Cluffie....so when you do a top end of these bike say 120hrs thats $300+ for a piston kit and then another $280 for a oil pump? I would not be surprised that the oil pump is the same as the Beta oil pump (Dellorto) which is found on many 2t scooters and significantly cheaper to buy from a scooter shop then Beta etc.

Food for thought when buying a used TPI (KTM or Husky) bike.

• Like 1

Bikes sound great and he has had no real problems in the fleet. Even the gear levers and footpegs have lasted. I don't like those stupid grab handles.

Only negative thing is that he didnt say that he had replaced any oil pumps? These are due at 80hrs max. Being such a critical part and i'd expect a hire company to service their fleet to the manufacturers recommendations. Not smart to roll the dice here imo.

Overall his bikes have held up exceptionally well.

I’m sure he mentions one of his TPIs has done 150hours with no piston change and trouble free, so no issues with the oil pump for this guy with his fleet of TPIs, I’m assuming.

• Like 1

Hmmm Cluffie....so when you do a top end of these bike say 120hrs thats $300+ for a piston kit and then another $280 for a oil pump? I would not be surprised that the oil pump is the same as the Beta oil pump (Dellorto) which is found on many 2t scooters and significantly cheaper to buy from a scooter shop then Beta etc.
Food for thought when buying a used TPI (KTM or Husky) bike.

$580 for trouble free riding ? I’m up for that !
  • Like 4

$580 for trouble free riding ? I’m up for that !

And trouble free jetting and fuel economy issues.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gypsy501 said:
I’m sure he mentions one of his TPIs has done 150hours with no piston change and trouble free, so no issues with the oil pump for this guy with his fleet of TPIs, I’m assuming.

I doubt it on a hire bike.150hrs on a piston would be stupid but it can and is often done.
Ive heard of a ktm 250 2t that was run as an experiment to 500hrs until the piston failed.Bike had good comp and was running well until it let go. Some of us are gamblers and like a punt and some don't. I'm not a gambler but each to their own. It's no different to how long you decide to run oil,timing chains or even tyres,everybody finds happiness.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, cluffie said:

Tapatalk keeps double posting when i edit,grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I doubt it on a hire bike.150hrs on a piston would be stupid but it can and is often done.
Ive heard of a ktm 250 2t that was run as an experiment to 500hrs until the piston failed.Bike had good comp and was running well until it let go. Some of us are gamblers and like a punt and some don't. I'm not a gambler but each to their own. It's no different to how long you fun oil,timing chain or even tyres,everybody finds happiness.

Cluffie, I think 100hours for a first piston change on a 300 is more then enough imo.

I know the manual says every 40hours for a gear box/ clutch oil change, this guy pushes his out to 50hours ( trouble free ) I change mine every 10hours, as you say each to there own.
  • Like 1

Cluffie, I think 100hours for a first piston change on a 300 is more then enough imo.

I know the manual says every 40hours for a gear box/ clutch oil change, this guy pushes his out to 50hours ( trouble free ) I change mine every 10hours, as you say each to there own.
Exactly.
The guy is a bit unclear/sheepish about hr intervals and glosses over some other specifics but it's still one of the better reviews. It's not the predictable Adb or transmoto deal,lol.
Some guys swear by using delo400 diesel oil in their bike. Whatever works and makes you happy and gets you out on the bike.
Service scheldules are only a guide.

Who's smoking this weekend?
  • Like 1