Smokers Lounge
4 4

1,627 posts in this topic

Got to thinking, there's a 350 club and a 450 club - the oil smoking brethren need there own place to discuss all things smoker related.. B) B) B)

So here it is!!

Guess I'll go first.....

Got a few of these engineering marvels

2012 TE250

1999 YZ125

1987 CR500 (pics to follow)

So load that film and get snapping :P

post-1452-0-73510800-1390863552_thumb.jp

post-1452-0-78276400-1390863660_thumb.jp

• Like 6

1999 RMX250.

Still swapping in a CR500 Motor.

Have dirt wheels for it in the shed.

487874_10151711717344112_1806093265_n_zp

A 1997 CR500, Sold.

Cr5005_zps6be67a02.jpg

1990 CR500.

Pulled the motor, carb, ign, pipe and muffler and sold it as a rolling chassis.

Motor from it now resides in my daily rider cr500.

cr51990.jpg

1997 CR500 daily rider.

When I first got it a few years ago, dont have a recent pic.

975002.jpg

Cr250 based CR500.

built from crf450 and cr250 parts.

1990 cr500 engine.

I have it rolling with engine fitted, no current pics, just this one.

DSC043781_zps59c68387.jpg

Also have some of these spare.

DSC01914_zps5e7cd38b.jpg

Also had a 1991 CR5, no pics and sold it :(

Yay 2 strokes!  :cool:

• Like 8

Good topic there J-man.

Yep here is my pride and joy. Even though it hasnt moved in probably 2 months or more. (Its fishing season and its hot)

2010 KTM300

This is my first dirt bike, I have had it since Melbourne cup day 2012.

It has been a great bike (Some say its a bull in a china shop as a first bike, They are wrong its a effen weapon. :)) but it taught me to ride and learn fast.

I have learned many new aspects of bike mechanics from changing brake pads to handle bars. I even did a top end rebuild just by reading and researching how to do it.

I can say that I am a comfartable level 3 rider and I dont think I need to go any higher. I have fun riding with the new people I meet from here (oh and the people that I do ride with alot)  and thats about where I will keep it.

post-1842-0-29397800-1390873964_thumb.jp

• Like 2

My Wr300, last of the Italian huskys I love it but she's got a temper for sure.post-1997-0-91647100-1390881728_thumb.jppost-1997-0-95483700-1390881749_thumb.jp

Its about 500km  old but looks like she's been smoking 20 years, still cant see myself ever selling it

I can't say its the easiest thing to ride and its a bit to hang onto but it sure is  a whole lotta fun 

If I get too old to kickstart it ill get an auto clutch 

Before I bought the WR I was talking to cops on KTM 300s they said they did top end at 20,000 km and used them to do  a lot of transport and road km. They had the KTM

big tanks on and ride them on the job everyday

• Like 1

Before I bought the WR I was talking to cops on KTM 300s they said they did top end at 20,000 km and used them to do a lot of transport and road km. They had the KTM

big tanks on and ride them on the job everyday

Bullshit!they wouldnt even know!!

If u ride a 2t just on road with a bit of everything as in hwy/town you would get prob 2/3000km MAX!!

• Like 4

Great thread juzzie. Was getting sick of all these four stroke baby boomers crapping on about 4t this, and valve clearance that. If only we could add the 2t smell to this thread???

• Like 7

Sorry.it just tics me off when peeps ride dirt bikes on the road all the time...I'm just a bit to passionate sometimes

Sorry.it just tics me off when peeps ride dirt bikes on the road all the time...I'm just a bit to passionate sometimes

Ive seen it all before with people riding modern day enduros on the road

Anyway back on topic :)

Great thread juzzie. Was getting sick of all these four stroke baby boomers crapping on about 4t this, and valve clearance that. If only we could add the 2t smell to this thread???

I hear ya Sink - I just couldn't take it anymore man  :lol: :lol:

Bullshit!they wouldnt even know!!

If u ride a 2t just on road with a bit of everything as in hwy/town you would get prob 2/3000km MAX!!

Dunno man thats what they said, Im not going to do that on the WR for sure and no I don't ride it on the road - since I bought the lazy AU wagon

• Like 1

I'm an accidental smoker. When looking for a wr250 as a first bike in stumbled onto this gem advertised in mildura. A totally standard KDX 200 with 2600km, one lady owner, always dealer serviced with the log book signed by the dealer, it had a 2 inch lowering kit fitted but all original parts were in a box, the tool kit was still in plastic and it had all original mirrors and indicators fitted and four month full rego. I went to mildura and picked it up for $2600. I'm now addicted to the two stroking way.

It didn't stop there, I've got my eldest daughter hooked too. She laughs at the other girls putting the stand down and then kicking their honda 150s, launching onto the starter and kicking until blue in the face. The little 85 starts 3rd kick cold, 1st kick warm. No decompression hot start lever here....... Just choke when cold.... She says is sounds like a dirt bike too

Enough picking on Honda......l the only major bike manufacturer to dump the good old 2t mini bike in favour of something most adults can't start let alone a 13yo girl.

Anyhow, the smokin toys

Mine

2001 KDX200

Revloc auto clutch

Pro Cct slip on exhaust

Oherwise stock except for many, many scratches and dents applied with precision by me.

The girls

2001 KX85SW

PRO Cct platinum full system

Boysden dual stage reeds

F1 moto Ported cylinder

Front and rear suspension set for 55kg rider by the chad

All new wheel, swing arm, linkage, head stems bearings, disks, rebuilt callipers

12/53 cogs for flag racing

Jetted for above

The thing is a little rough but it is 100% tight and ridiculous fast and crisp. It even has good bottom end.

The only failing is it gets picked for noise......... But a muffler pack fixes that....... For about a month :(

Long live the scootn and pollutn king of the dirt bike...... The TWO STROKE

post-2081-0-56548000-1390893993_thumb.jp

• Like 4