MrNoodle

The 350 Club, Mid Bore Is Where Its At? Post Your Ride

my kato is going to a mates place later this week to check the clearences, just done over 800kms on it and the manual says its time so better check.

i want to have a look at the water pump also, seems to be making a 'ticking' type sound, think its always been there but seems a little bit louder. anyone noticed this before?

I can say the wr250 2T wobbler, is a great bike. The bike allows you to grow with it.

It's the sort of bike that's happy to tractor or be ridden hard. The suspension is a bit soft but a decent shop will fix that. I came off a 2T And bought the Wr, it's a great trail bike. Slap a slip on exhaust on it ans it will get a bit more punch. I'd honestly recommend them anyday.

Also they are reliable to boot!

• Like 1

I can say the wr250 2T wobbler, is a great bike. The bike allows you to grow with it.

It's the sort of bike that's happy to tractor or be ridden hard. The suspension is a bit soft but a decent shop will fix that. I came off a 2T And bought the Wr, it's a great trail bike. Slap a slip on exhaust on it ans it will get a bit more punch. I'd honestly recommend them anyday.

Also they are reliable to boot!

and the price difference between the WR and Katohuskyberg 350 does give some spending money to get the things to set it up just right too.

ive followed MOJOs around a bit. it goes pretty well. yours with the recluse would be similar to how Id want mine.

and the price difference between the WR and Katohuskyberg 350 does give some spending money to get the things to set it up just right too.

ive followed MOJOs around a bit. it goes pretty well. yours with the recluse would be similar to how Id want mine.

Tom

The WR 250F only needs a good header pipe and slip on muffler, then jet the carb to suite and lastly get the suspension done and that's it mate.

Believe me...I rode my mates one and it was quick and handled well

Depends... I have spoken to a coupla people who have ridden for years, went to the wr, then the 350, and they have said the wr is heavy. I said but its only another 4kg to which i was told u notice every 0.5 kg? All i kniw is if u are lokking to enjoy yourself, if u are getting a bit longer in the tooth...time is not your friend...just get a f..ken good bike and enjoy. The 3fiddy is more than just a weight saving, its clutch is almost like cheating, it handles like a mountain bike, its bits are all top end and will last for ages for ur average weekend warrioir...u can throw it around, ur not struggling to lift/move it... Its just a pleasure to ride...

Just buy seconhand..

Look at a wr...u cant see through it its all steel, look thru a 350 and u can see thru it..u can see its light

• Like 1

I know what you are saying brother.......im just replying to Tom.

The 3fiddy may not be for everyone that's all.....I think Tom would feel more at home on a WR.

I've had both. I definitely rate the wr. Well built and dependable. I just found for me it didn't have quite enough oomph, but as I've said before I tend to be a fat lazy bugger.

I liked my wr but I've loved every Kato I've ever ridden.

Like so many others have said before me, buy what suits you.

But what fully sick has said is spot on IMO.

• Like 3

I know what you are saying brother.......im just replying to Tom.

The 3fiddy may not be for everyone that's all.....I think Tom would feel more at home on a WR.

However...... The gas gas 250, same engine as the wr but lots less weight....... Now there is a bike

I've got to stop bike shopping on the net :)

after reading this post, it seams to me..............and please correct me if I am wrong,

but basically,

its a 300 2t

or a 450

'that give you everything in balance??

• Like 1

350's rock there a great bike.

there not the best or worst in certain situations but there right in the middle and thats why there an awesome allrounder and are well suited to alot of us.

having owned and ridden all extensively this imo. (48yo trail hack,regular rider,level 4,never raced,no expert or claim to be)

250's - best suit learners,light riders, tight terrain,riders that love to thrash.

350's - best suit intermediate riders to fast guys, can be lugged ok but is at home being revved,can handle most terrain.

450's and bigger - best suit advanced to pro's,heavier guys,lazier riders(less gear changes),open,high country or sandy terrain.

• Like 2

there not the best or worst in certain situations but there right in the middle and thats why there an awesome allrounder and are well suited to alot of us.

having owned and ridden all extensively this imo. (48yo trail hack,regular rider,level 4,never raced,no expert or claim to be)

250's - best suit learners,light riders, tight terrain,riders that love to thrash.

350's - best suit intermediate riders to fast guys, can be lugged ok but is at home being revved,can handle most terrain.

450's and bigger - best suit advanced to pro's,heavier guys,lazier riders(less gear changes),open,high country or sandy terrain.

I recon we should all ride 2013 crf450r's.. 108 kgs wet and ready to go hahaha :) ........................joking

I recon we should all ride 2013 crf450r's.. 108 kgs wet and ready to go hahaha :) ........................joking

i've actually being tossing up a 450sxf,go figure.

but for mx track work not trailriding as i need to keep roosting my son on his 85 while i still can,lol.

• Like 1

All I have to do now is sell my house in Darwin!!!!!

Cheap house Tom.

Just swap someone with a wr.i am sure they will be happy with the trade.

:)

• Like 1

WR is perfect for anyone that does not have the need to pick them up.

Keep them or any bike on 2 wheels and they are light as a feather  :)

Have the need to have to man handle any bike and you days riding will become tiring !!!

MX'er all the way ... But my opinion might be biased .. :P   Hehehehe ...........

WR is perfect for anyone that does not have the need to pick them up.

Keep them or any bike on 2 wheels and they are light as a feather  :)

Have the need to have to man handle any bike and you days riding will become tiring !!!

MX'er all the way ... But my opinion might be biased .. :P   Hehehehe ...........

Biased ..... You? Never!

At least no more than me ....... Ktm 6 days ROCK! (And berg fe's)

• Like 1

I recon we should all ride 2013 crf450r's.. 108 kgs wet and ready to go hahaha :) ........................joking i've actually being tossing up a 450sxf,go figure. but for mx track work not trailriding as i need to keep roosting my son on his 85 while i still can,lol.
Do it cluffie, we can have a squirt around Franga.

I think thats an excellent general idea, 350's are an awesome balance for most situations.

Thanks Cluffie

Good advice. I am a throttle shy, large beginner that spends a lot of time picking up the bike and prefer ST to open stuff......  this puts a 450 out.

I like the idea of a  250 2T..... but know from the KDX that the sweet spot is tighter on a 2T than the modern 4T..... would probably advance quicker on a 4T given its wider torque spread and more linear power.

350 or 250..... i think id prefer the 350 for the reasons above, the 250 if there was a good deal would get considered but with gear im pushing 120kg. Im just worried the 250 lacks the grunt to lug my but up big hills and out of deep sand.

So....

In short the 350 looks the best bike for me...... and most people by the number of the things terrorising the scrub at the moment.

Thanks

Thanks Cluffie

Good advice. I am a throttle shy, large beginner that spends a lot of time picking up the bike and prefer ST to open stuff...... this puts a 450 out.

I like the idea of a 250 2T..... but know from the KDX that the sweet spot is tighter on a 2T than the modern 4T..... would probably advance quicker on a 4T given its wider torque spread and more linear power.

350 or 250..... i think id prefer the 350 for the reasons above, the 250 if there was a good deal would get considered but with gear im pushing 120kg. Im just worried the 250 lacks the grunt to lug my but up big hills and out of deep sand.

So....

In short the 350 looks the best bike for me...... and most people by the number of the things terrorising the scrub at the moment.

Thanks

Yeah...great choice for us lvl fully sick longer tooths of proper manly proportions :)

A question to all Kato or similar 350 owners out there - Im a little concerned about the clicking/ticking noise coming out of the water pump. Ive know it to always be noisy but i think the noise might be getting a little louder.

Has anyone here had trouble with their water pump or noticed this type of noise before?

Thanks

Both of mine dont have any water pump noise Biggie ... none at all ???

Tom .. Dont worry about a 250 dragging your butt up or over any terrain !!!

They have a lot more go in them than what you might think .. Ask green about it !!!!

He has a few extra beers in him than you and his 250 doesnt limit him ... Dont buy a bike coz its popular buy a bike that suits you !!!  :)

Both of mine dont have any water pump noise Biggie ... none at all ???

Tom .. Dont worry about a 250 dragging your butt up or over any terrain !!!

They have a lot more go in them than what you might think .. Ask green about it !!!!

He has a few extra beers in him than you and his 250 doesnt limit him ... Dont buy a bike coz its popular buy a bike that suits you !!! :)

+1 dazz