MrNoodle

The 350 Club, Mid Bore Is Where Its At? Post Your Ride

Over the past year I have noticed how popular the 350's are becoming, so much so I now own one.

Why did you buy a 350?

What Brand of mid bore do you have?

What have you done to yours?

Purchase new or preloved?

How many hrs/km's on it?

What extras is it wearing?

What is your favorite terrain?ride location?

What have you done lately on it?

Where was your last ride?

Where is your next ride?

Tell us about your 350

Guess I'd better start

Why did you buy a 350? I previously had a CRF450X and found it had heaps to much power for me and I was getting blown away by guys on 250's in single (I also have a distinct lack of talent). Was thinking of getting a CRF250X but not much has changed on them in almost a decade and some nicer bits on the KatoBergs and loved the looks of the Husaberg. Was told they were all sold out so was about to sign up for a KTM but when walking around the store while salesman on the phone, I spied the Berg, and SOLD

What Brand of mid bore do you have? Husaberg (KTM) FE 350 2013

IMG_20130608_101237_084_zps385130bd.jpg

What have you done to yours? Got it dirty most weekends since I've had it

IMG_20130901_130918_348_zps6eb812c3.jpg

IMG_20130901_130827_449_zpsa6258f09.jpg

IMG_20130901_130838_251_zps6e6034bd.jpg

Purchase new or preloved? New

IMG_20130504_095847_718_zps262aa912.jpg

How many hrs/km's on it? Currently 45 hrs and about 1370 km's

What extras is it wearing? Chads Offroad Suspension, Steg Pegz, Funnelweb filters, Homemade Tugger Strap, Berg Case saver, Berg rear disc protector, Ego BarkBusters, ProFill filter sock, Carbon Fiber header pipe protector, Mousse tubes, Force Radiator Guards, SSB Lithium Battery (No kickstart)

IMG_20130913_110630_663_zps80105eec.jpg

What is your favorite terrain/ride location? Probably Anglesea, great variation of terrain, little bits of everything and lots of grip and sand is fun in the wet and the dry

What have you done lately on it? Installed Rivet Link, New back brake pads, made my own back tugger strap, New oil and filter

Where was your last ride? Anglesea with dirtriderz, I lead 7 guys on a run to the pub

Where is your next ride? Springhill with Chris, should be a good challenge with current weather

Any problems? Have shortened chain a link and a half with stretching. Bashed the hell out of my bark busters and broke the plastic on them. Killswitch playing up (waiting on new one under warranty), rear brake disc damaged a bit. New pads after about 1000 kms, another new set of rears just under 400 later. Surprised how good the stock tyres where and replaced the rear with a mx31 (I stuffed up and got to small a tyre) and quickly replaced with Bridgy M403/404 combo and really happy with these so far

• Like 7

Why did you buy a 350?

Cos they are awesome...and increase the awesomeness of the already awesome riders!!! And chicks dig 3fiddies (except my wife but my girlfriends luv it) :) Plus when your 110kg of all man...2fiddies not torqueing enough for fat areses

A Ktm3fiddy excf - its awesome.

Ridden it once...highsided it and scratched the right side plastic OMG!!! And almost got run over by a Husaberg (oh the shame).

Secondhand

How many hrs/km's on it?

400Km/10hrs on it…after first ride its now 14hrs! (Goodbye $100)

What extras is it wearing?

Its got fat guy springs in the shocks and the rear, jet barkbusters, force rad gaurds and that’s it....gunna get a thermo fan for those lonely goat trails.

dirt, wombat

What have you done lately on it?

Highsided it twice over a log (cos it was first ride and has heaps more power so was scared of looping-- so superman instead winner!)(I have highsided a bike twice since I started in December)

Wombat carrolls to macedon

Where is your next ride?

Gippsland somewhere with a bunch of degenerates! This time the bike is going to go over ALL the logs with me and it will be awesome

• Like 3

I might as well go next :D

Why did you buy a 350?

Decided I wanted a 350 after owning two 250's. I wanted something with a bit more torque but still not overly heavy or agressive as my rider fitness is crap. After getting a few opinions on here I decided a 350 would be the perfect mix of what I wanted, more power but still something light and torquey enought to keep me smiling. A number of people said most 450's will try and rip my arms off, being someone that always gets arm pump I thought a 350 would be a bit more gentle on me.....and I was right :D

Even though i told myself I would never buy a kato I ended up with a KTM350EXC-F. Why? Because I like to be different and there's just SOOOOO many kato's out there. So I had a close look at the Sherco and Beta as they both make 300-350 bikes. After deciding not to buy the sherco because of service/parts availability and the beta coz there's no injection I wasnt left with many choices. With a kato dealer a couple of doors down from my work I bought the kato.

Not as much as I would have liked but the budget isnt what it used to be :(. So far Ive got EGO barkbuster, Force rad guards, Steg Pegz, got rid of the ADR tires and got some decent dunlops on there.

Purchased brand new (my first new bike). Actually bought two bikes on the same day, also purcahsed a PeeWee 80 for my son, buying two bikes in the one hit gave me a bit more barganing power :D

How many hrs/km's on it?

Currently its got 780kms and around 33 hours on it.

Hrmm thats a tough one, I think overall dissa is my favourite place only coz I know so many tracks but I absolutley loved violet town, only ridden there once and looking foward to exloring more of the place. I love s/t, slow and technical stuff, love hill climbing, hate going down them, love log and creek crossings.

Last ride was in violet town and absolutley loved it, defo go back there sometime soon.

Where is your next ride?

Most likley be at dissa, hopefully this weekend.

Here's a couple of photo's. Pretty standard but I want to put a custom sticker kit on it in the near future........

RIMG0235_zpsa30185d4.jpg

20130518_1321501_zps31562f6d.jpg

20130929_11061701_zps2dbbbb82.jpg

• Like 4

Very hard to beat a berg 350 or ktm 350 , they are the bomb . Perfect all around bike no matter what level you're at . Everyone I know that has jumped on one has been at least 10% faster & enjoys riding more than ever. Beta 350 is also pretty good .

Just get on a 350 , you won't look back :-)

Ps, I have a berg 350 "13" for sale , waiting on the 14 to come to my shed

Haha that's awesome! Must be doing alright to upgrade like that!! :cool:

Very hard to beat a berg 350 or ktm 350 , they are the bomb . Perfect all around bike no matter what level you're at . Everyone I know that has jumped on one has been at least 10% faster & enjoys riding more than ever. Beta 350 is also pretty good .

Just get on a 350 , you won't look back :-)

and 100% more awesome with 100% more chicks - that's like 47 chicks!! Yes I did consider the berg...

Geez.

There is something evil inside my head saying change ya bike to a 3fiddy Lucas.

Some please help make it go away :wacko:

I might sell mine only done 650 kms.

Thinking of having a break from riding!!!!

Mmmmm thinking

Mmmmm thinking

OMG: That's bloody crazy talk... :) Break from riding!?!? What would you do then??? You got your 60's to 4wd :)
  • Like 1

OMG: That's bloody crazy talk... :) Break from riding!?!? What would you do then??? You got your 60's to 4wd :)

Na not into 4wd. Just lost the urge lately. Can't be bothered. And when I do go out its just not enjoyable. Anyway been off the bike for a few

Weeks now and put it away for a month or so.

See what happends

Can't be bothered.

And when I do go out its just not enjoyable.

Anyway been off the bike for a few weeks now and put it away for a month or so.

See what happends

Sometimes the break does you good  :)

No point burning yourself out riding all the time ... No fun to ride just for the sake of riding !!!!

Mmmmm thinking

We need to hook you up with a sesh at Anglesea

"can't be bothered",wtf. :wacko:   what is it man?,the time,the family,the money,the cleaning,the maintainance,the type of riding your doing or who your riding with?

it couldn't be the bike as you've got one of the best in the business. ;)

seriously tony if you've lost interest and don't get a buzz i'd say snap out of it man or get rid of it. :(

imo going into a ride half heartedly is a no go zone bud as your chances of injury will skyrocket.

hope you get the buzz back and best of luck with whatever the outcome. :)

ps maybe sign up for one of my rides, love it or hate it,that'll tell you.

• Like 2

Hey Cluffie it's not the bike, just me mate.

Just in a rut! No motivation

Got a bit of shit going on in my life at the moment.

So just need a break from it all. Be back riding

In a month or two and see what happens.

• Like 2

Mmmmm thinking

What year is yours Tony.? What have you done to it in the way of extras.

Oh it's that thing in my head again. Telling me to ask about a 350.

2013 350 stock standard. Not selling just havin a

Break from riding.

Riding is not the be all and end all of life mate!

Hope u sort out what u need to and get back on the bike when u feel ready to...

We all need a break from riding at one point or another!

in the market soon,,,, 520 just to much bike

love it though.

(hmmmm might put the big fella on the road)

I know I'm gunna miss some points so might have to add to it as I go.

WHAT: KTM 350 excf 6 Days.

WHY A 350: kept stalling my wr250f cause of lazy riding style. Bought a standard 350 excf ... love at first ride.

WHAT UPGRADES: swapped to a 6 days cause I liked the look of it. Case saver, bark busters, steering damper, rear disk protector, force radiator protector, vortex ignition module, fuel sock, some fancy pants chain, larger rear brake reservoir, pirelli scorpion mx tyres, UHD tubes,choice suspension.

FUTURE MODS: Akrapovic pipe, 2014 Sardine 350 excf

HOURS/KMS: 87? Hrs approx and 2870km

LAST RIDE: Wombat with the legendary Marko

NEXT RIDE: Creswick?

FAV RIDE: Only been once but am infatuated with Mt Dissa

PROBLEMS: None worth mentioning, except the lack of bottom end used to annoy me and it kicked me off one day resulting in a busted collar bone.

FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT IT: Love the way it handles. The mid to upper end is freaking awesome! KTMs are seriously unbelievably good!

PHOTOS: I will try but no promises.

FOR SALE? Thought it was sold but it isn't now. Will be on the market later in the year . Why? Well ... why not?

bought a 350xcf brand new as my 450 was to much for me,power and weight. wanted the speed,cc forks and linkage thats why i went the xcf over the exc.

upgrades are fan, case saver,brp rad guards,solid rear disc,choice revalve.

future mods are none atm,it's spot on.

last ride was wombat,grandfinal ride.

next ride tbc,next weekend hopefully.

favorite thing about it is the way it sounds at high revs, i can ride it almost flat all day and i still feel ok. great power to weight ratio,awesome fuel economy and it's not to hard on tyres and running gear..

favorite ride is anyride that keeps moving,all different terrains.i hate stuffing around and get bored of open tracks after 10-15 mins.

problems have been none just normal stuff,chains,sprockets,guides,pads,scratches,dings.

• Like 2