BIGGIE

Draining Fuel - 2013 Ktm 350 Excf

Id like to draing the fuel in my bike.

Without having to remove the tank from the bike, is there an easy way to get all the fuel out of the tank?

There's a one way plug which ive removed but because there's no 'tap' i cant work out how to open the one way valve.

Anyone done this before? Im trying to avoid removing the tank and tipping it upside down, im sure there's an easier way.

there's no tap as my bike is fuel injected, the hose coming out of the tank has a one way valve in it, only releases fuel when it plugged in to the connector that goes to the injection gear.

Remove the bolt out of the side of the tank. Apparently the fuel line will not drain the tank. I think it's a 12 or 14mm bolt. It is in the same vicinity as the fuel line.

Pull the tank off its a 10 min job taking your time. You can't drain it through the fuel line as it won't drain through the pump.

• Like 1

Ill check out this bolt, if not ill be pulling the tank up.

ill update tomo, might help someone in future.....

So that was the first pic I've posted. Assuming it has worked (seems to), the bolt next to the fuel line is the drain plug. Can also be used on the trail to help your mates who ride WR450's who only have a 50km fuel range (lol)!

• Like 1

Scotland you were spot on, right next to the fuel line there;s a bolt with a 17mm head, just removed that and the fuel drained straight out, couldnt be easier.

:D

That's the go! I got caught trying to help someone last year who was low on fuel. Couldn't figure it out so I made a point of getting the answer. Glad I could help you.