What Pisses Me Orf....!!
10 10

438 posts in this topic

What pisses me off especially while I am out injured is there are plenty of rides over a weekend and few ride reports,I for one love seeing the ride reports how the ride went,conditions ect and if some photos the better.i don't think it is to hard that people use the forum to organise a ride and get ride mates but give nothing back in the way of support,I know ride reports ect are not for everyone but think of the people that actually like them and can't get out to ride for what ever reason 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, ktm shane said:

What pisses me off especially while I am out injured is there are plenty of rides over a weekend and few ride reports,I for one love seeing the ride reports how the ride went,conditions ect and if some photos the better.i don't think it is to hard that people use the forum to organise a ride and get ride mates but give nothing back in the way of support,I know ride reports ect are not for everyone but think of the people that actually like them and can't get out to ride for what ever reason 

Agreed mate!

There used to be a ride report for pretty much every posted ride, but sadly that seems to have died off a bit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Geoffro said:

Agreed mate!

There used to be a ride report for pretty much every posted ride, but sadly that seems to have died off a bit.

That's the bit that pisses me off,people use the forum but don't contribute anything 

• Like 1

Not getting out on the bike much anymore and having nothing to contribute. ^^^^ ha that's me.

What really pisses me off is getting old and getting injured easier.

At 45, I have decided to take up cricket... lol.

4th training session and somehow I don't know how, I have tweaked my knee.

As a youngster, I was never injured, always pretty coordinated.

The knee is just about right after a week, but it doesn't give you much confidence when you don't even know how you did the injury.

I am regularly in the gym and eat healthily doing the best I can but don't do much cardio.

Getting old sucks!!!!

• Like 4

Putting on a demo day & having people riding outside their limits, badly damaging brand new bikes then walking away without saying a word to do it many more times on other brand new bikes like it's ok...
Then waiting an hour & asking to ride them again...

I haven't been to a demo day...but wouldn't there be T&Cs you make them sign as part of their entry fee - "you break it you buy it"

And wouldn't you have one of the shop owners/organisers do a quick inspection of the bike after each person gets off after their turn so you know who damaged it?

Doesn't work like that, T&C's are so they don't sue you if they fall off & hurt themselves. Same as any organised ride.
3 dealers/organiser & 70 plus potential customers gets a little hard to control as you could imagine.
Some of the stories I've heard send a shiver down my spine. Bikes burning to the ground after exhausts setting fire to long dry grass & people walking away, bikes being stolen etc. you would be surprised what actually goes on..

looking at my bike in the shed  knowing that i"m still months away from being able to ride , being injured f@#$&ing PISSES ME OFF !!!!!!!

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, orangeboy said:

looking at my bike in the shed  knowing that i"m still months away from being able to ride , being injured f@#$&ing PISSES ME OFF !!!!!!!

Know how you feel mate, @ the start of the year i went in to have hernia fixed, i thought it would be 4-6 weeks ?

Ended up with problems going for tests etc once a week for about 6 weeks, then they say i'm on the old waiting list ;) ended up about 6 months before i was able to do physical activity, i remember looking @ bike & getting very frustrated thinking i may not be able to ride in the bush again :(  but everything seems to be going well & i'm loving riding again ;)

• Like 4

Looping out a brand new bike because you weren't expecting the map switch to make so much of a difference so you didn't cover the rear brake....

Seeing 3 of my workmates get sacked because there's "no work" only for them to be replaced by casuals 2 days later, casuals who are being ripped off by getting the same hourly rate as the full timers mind you:angry:

13 hours ago, Dann said:

Seeing 3 of my workmates get sacked because there's "no work" only for them to be replaced by casuals 2 days later, casuals who are being ripped off by getting the same hourly rate as the full timers mind you:angry:

Hi Dann

That is happening a lot mate

2 years ago I was made redundant from my job with a pay out and was back there 3 months later as a contractor working for someone else but doing same job.

its nuts in my opinion,

• Like 1