cluffie

Atlas Neck Brace

i've been wearing a atlas neck brace for a while and i find it extremely comfortable and it doesn't impede on my riding at all. its a basic design and i like the concept of it compared to the others out there. it is a bit fiddly to fit with my dainese full armour but i've worked out and mastered a way that works well.

today i went out to pstevens r-wood and brought my two kids the atlas prodigy each and fitted them up tonight with there armour. we worked out a good way to fit it and it fits absolutely awesome and they won't take them off,lol.

they now make a nice carbon fibre one that i saw today and i think i'll be giving my one to the missus(tammy) and purchasing one very shortly but they're a bit expensive.

so a great product and well worth a look as an alternative.

Ive been using one for a few months, also bought one for my 7yr old... They are very light and not restrictive at all.. My Camalbak keeps it in place nicely, if Im going for a quick squirt without the hydro pak, you can tuck the brace supports under your jersey neck opening.

Guess you dont know how well it works until its put in that situation, but very comfy to ride with and seems well constructed..

I must look into a neck brace.

I went for a ride yesterday with a mate who had a big crash a few years back and broke his neck in 2 places as he didn't have one on.

After hearing his story it really made me think. I will also go and check them out.

Cheap insurance really.

Whats the differences between Atlas & Leatt. Besides the prices

Different strokes for different folks mate!do some research.

pretty much what chris said youngfella.

if your looking at getting one, try the different brands and styles and get one that fits well and is comfortable. im using a leatt gpx club 3 and find it great. doesnt impede on anything and once riding i dont even notice it there. but if the atlas or alpinestars fits better than go for that. some protection is better than none

I had an off on the weekend after hitting a jump. I was wearing the Atlas neckbrace, I felt the brace take the impact of my helmet on the right side.

Dont know if I would have suffered an injury if I wasnt wearing it, but I'd like to think it did some good...who knows..?

I currently wear the Alpine Stars armour with the removeable section to fit the applicable neck brace. Do you guys know where to buy one at a reasonable price and do they have the carbon fibre one's also.

thegeneral.

What ever neck brace u people decide to get,they are a well worthy investment!ive heard to many storys of people having minor offs and just landing the wrong way and have become wheel chair ridden!

And the doctors actually saying if u were wearing a neck brace it may have been a completely different story..

As for the rumours that people say they impair your vision whilst looking up hills...i dont think this is the case at all.

It does however take a little time to get used to it(a ride or 2).its important that if you do wear body armour that your neck brace will be compatible with that body armour!otherwise u may have to purchase different body armour as well,or modify your current one a little bit?!

U wouldnt see me ride without one.broken bones in stacks heal.a broken neck can be fatal!

• Like 1

Do you HAVE to wear the straps that comes with them?

I just bought one and the dude at the bike shop reckons there's no need cause the helmet will hold it in place and the owners manual isn't that clear.

I wonder why they would go to the effort and cost to put the straps on it for someone to just not use them?

Strange things happen to the body and head while bouncing along the ground.

Sent from my GT-N7000B