sarce101

Yz250F Or Crf250R?

Ok guys, thanks for your replies in my previous posts, now i am stuck between a new 2012/2013 Yamaha yz250f and a new 2012/2013 Honda crf250r. I still don't know which one to get.

What i dislike on the Yamaha is the wide shrouds.

What i like is the appearance of the bike.

What i dislike on the Honda is the appearance of the bike and the exhaust.

What i like is the fuel injection.

My local dealer is Peter Steven's which sell Hondas and Yamahas, which will make it really easy to get services and parts.

I will be mainly riding at my local tracks, a couple of trail rides here and there, and hopefully some racing later.

Please reply saying which of the two is better, and why. Thanks.

• Like 1

I love yz 250fs but id go the crf purely on fuel injection.

How bout u tell us what u like/dislike on both bikes?and we can help make ya mind up from there

• Like 1

crf because the fuel injection they look good strong bike and they dont have the valve problems no more the older models do... but it deppends dont get first hand bikes its a waste because if u dont like it then u go to sell it u loose alot of cash

the yz250f looks like shit u can stick ur head through the whole frame because there is a huge space in the middle of the bike but if u dont make ur mind up for those 2...then a wr250f is a great bike for what these guys ride in like its a trail bike which is good as

Go the crf250r

Fuel injection

Strong

Reliable

Makes you cooler

Air suspension (if the 250s have them like 450s) Not sure if yamaha has air suspension

Yamahas are very good bikes tho. Yamaha and Honda are my top manufactures of dirtbikes.

But i love every dirtbike :P

Ride each one n decide... I enjoy the carbi punch on my yz250f...

sent via drum beats from a backyard tribe of yobbo's

• Like 1

YZF for sure, no EFI equals more of a snap in the power... if that's what you want. :)

Ride each one n decide... I enjoy the carbi punch on my yz250f...

I really don't think this has any credibility.. I have an EFI 09 CRF and can guarantee the power delivery is insanely fast and will lift the front in all gears no problem.. It will certainly (and has) take off and accelerate faster than most carby bikes..(there are plenty of variables in this such as engine work, gearing etc also)

Sarce, you need to elaborate more on what you need from a bike. The appearance of both bikes is always up to the opinion of the individual. Essentially, both bikes "should" be similar in terms of reliability, price, running costs, factory warranty etc..

But you should consider :

Both bikes will require the suspension set up for you

If you change exhaust systems - one may need re-jetting, whilst the other may need re-mapping (you may need to buy the tuning box?)

The "backup" service offered by your local dealer for both brands (something may go wrong and you don't want to be dealing with terrible shop staff, what is easier for you to get spares for?)

Your experience maintaining bikes - you may be a carby jetting guru? or you may be an I.T wiz who can easily reprogram a bike?

Both bikes need to be ridden for ergonomics etc.. If you get the one that is "closest" to ideal for you, it will be cheaper in the long run..

I would personally go Honda, but purely because i have shitloads of parts at home and already have 2 sitting at home.. if i need to change/adjust anything - i just walk into the spare room and find it...

Its fairly easy to get a new sticker kit and a few bling bits for either bike to make it look more appealing to you...

• Like 2

Shop around and find the right dealer that has or willing to do a test ride ....

Would be helpful if they at least try to arrange something for you, with a possible sale pending of course :)

For the 4 fitty ya can

forgot about that!! i'd still go with the 5 valver but if you want a honda, factor in an exhaust as it needs one to liven it up!

I think the most important thing on a bike is comfort and ergonomics. It doesn't matter how good a bike looks, if it's not nice to ride, I wouldn't buy it. Sounds like the Honda is the better option on this alone. You can always put an aftermarket silencer on it and fuel injection is a plus.

You can always change the plastics and back on a sticker kit too.

If i get an exhaust for the crf250r, would i need to do anything else to the bike?

e.g. re-jetting, as martyd said before.

You can get the bike re mapped,but just bang a good pipe on it and your set!

i'd go the honda for the injection and great looks.my younger brother just bought the honda and his amazed by the power and handling out of the box(mx track only) and his a 100kgs level 4 rider. obviously suspension and pipe will be looked at down the track.

yamaha is a great bike and the most reliable but without injection come on. if trailriding mainly then maybe the yamaha would be a good economical option but wouldn't have the fuel economy,range of the honda with injection.

If you're track riding - Get the Honda.

If you're bush riding - get the Yamaha.

:)

What makes the yamaha better in the bush???

I will be doing 80 or so % of track riding. So your saying that the Honda would be more appropriate for me?

From my experience with honda's, defiantly get one, great, reliable, quick bike. :)