JayTeamBlue

Rip Young Jake Corcoran 12Mths Anniversary Today At Toolangi

G'day dirtriderz.

Today we marked the 1st anniversary of my young mate Jake Corcorans death.. He was only 17yo but could ride his pride n joy '10 Husky450 like the wind and he died doing just that in Toolangi State Forest on the 15/10/2011...

Today about 70 of his family and friends had a memorial at the tree he hit and mounted a cross and plaque in his honour on Katy Creek Track..

Jake was a sensational young bloke and that day will never be forgotten.. His parents hosted a BBQ and drinks in the carpark/unloading area afterwards which was terrific.. I'm still struggling with it all but it's nothing compared to his Mum & Dad.. Nearing the end of the memorial a group of 9 bikes came roaring down the track. I stopped them cause the track was blocked by 70 odd mourning civilians and the guys offered to push there bikes past.. Jakes Dad said no, you boys ride thru, and everybody made like a guard of honor as these riders ideled thru.. Jake would of loved it and it brought a tear to many an eye, including mine... It was a great day to remember a great rider, a great mate and great young man... Remember all dirtriderz you are not bulletproof so please take it easy...

• Like 22

Sorry for your los mate...by the sounds of him he was a top bloke...good to hear so many people come in memery of him. All the best for you and hes family

Absolute sensational & moving tribute write up JTB, i welled up just reading it. I was there on that day 1 year ago with Jay, another mate of ours Danny (the Prez) & Jake's uncle Pete. Like Jay said, its a day we will never forget.........

But, life goes on & the get together we had today, although sad, we all had a great laugh & feed which Jake would have wanted! We'll be doing this every year & im proud to be a part of it.

I only knew Jake for just under a year but the impression you got within 5 minutes of meeting him was exactly like Jay said. Outstanding, polite, respectful & happy young man. Man did he luv his bike, lived for riding! Jake would have been a proud member of Dirtriderz thats for sure!

Ill always miss riding with our young Comerade. Anyone riding the Toolangi area in the future, look up & think of our fallen soldier........

BenTeamBlue.

• Like 5

Mate sounds like a very missed and appreciated young guy !!!

Good tribute and my thoughts go out to you all on this day !!!

Dazza

sorry for the loss of obviously great young man,i just read a post on my mates sons face book wall he was a friend also and he to is struggling ! :( sad indeed :(

Well said boys, there's nothing worse then a parent losing there child.it's great to see so many of there friends there to support them.

Thank you for sharing all this. I even feel a bit numb reading what you have all typed up. It would have been a very testing time when it happened and no doubt the pain still lingers. Good on you all for getting together.

He does sound like a legend. He died very young, that's got to be hard on any of his family and friends for sure.

There is bond that nearly all motorcyclist share, we were talking about it today.

RIP Jake.

He was just like many of us. Going out for a ride, having a ball no doubt, but every now and again it comes undone more than we would ever want for a close friend. He was loving life, really enjoying something in it, and we have to respect that, and we can all associate with the whole situation to varying degrees, because we are all just like him.

Sorry for your loss.

• Like 3

Sounds like a great celebration of a good bloke. You guys mentioned this a few weeks back when we were out riding, and I think I blocked it out a bit when we were on the track - very sobering.

Was riding out there today and came across this memorial, did the appropriate search and ended up here. I did not know this bloke, but I feel a kind of brotherhood in a way. I grew up around Glenburn and was always sneaking out to the Toolangi forest as a young buck on my DT175 doing stupid shit. Fast forward over 30 years, I find myself on a Husky TC 250 R coming face to face with another Husky rider who wasn't so lucky. At least Jake died doing something he loved, in the beautiful Aussie bush, in camaraderie of his mates and other crazy bastards who live and breathe dirt bikes. My Dad died that same year so wasn't a good year.

IMG_3183.thumb.JPG.84dc22ac3a7e0295dc186568e549683a.JPGIMG_3182.thumb.JPG.813fa78a543dec82b0b3c7c83e1b8046.JPG

• Like 10