Hoobz904

All New Sony Actioncam Hdr-As15 Test And Review.

Haha. Nah, you are all much loved (Vomit).

I was just showing the lads at work the footage straight off my iPad and they can't believe how clear it is.

Even the flatout stuff across the sand in the dark looks good.

I'm over YouTube. It'll never do the footage justice.

Sorry gents. I'm gunna wait until I get clear YouTube, Vimeo or something else before I whack any more clips up. Very annoying.

It's just coming up so bad it's embarrassing.

Has anyone got any other video hosting website leads? I'm willing to have to pay for clarity.

Ok. I've even tweaking stuff.

Here is what I got out of Vimeo tonight. As usual fast bike riding speed never looks as good on a video hosting site as low riding speed. Fast speed looks way better straight out of the cam on a laptop or iPad.

https://vimeo.com/52067331

Definitely looks cleaner & sharper than what was up in the beginning !!!!

Spent some time tweaking .. I could almost say its Day & Night .. lol But I wont !!! :)

• Like 1

Now we need a Vimeo window thingy in here like when you direct link YouTube clips. I'd like to leave YouTube alone for a while.

I wonder if we can get a Vimeo direct link embedding window thingamajig in here?

I took all the footage I've been experimenting with late in the day after work last week, and it was also mostly overcast, I'm keen to see what it looks like when the footage is taken when it's lighter.

• Like 1

I get pretty good quality from YouTube could be my Editing Program and the settings I import the clips as.

But at least you cleaned it up heaps and its clear and smooth which is the main focus to watching clips anyway. :)

I've been researching and trawling the net for all the best YouTube compression settings etc and just can't get it right :(

I might try again in a couple of weeks.

Hoobz's have a look at a program called Compressor it might be Apple only thou

If you on windows you might not be able to use it !!!!

If you can use it .. it will allow you to edit in full res and then compress it down with no quality loss to upload to Youtube.

I do this with FCP then to compressor then upload it to Youtube.

Thanks Dazza, I'm using Vegas Pro 10 for editing, it's the snizz, I think it might be the crappy and slow lap top I'm using that may be contributing to the head aches here and there.

• Like 1

Just bought one yesterday on eBay, Sony action cam, brand new for $150.00 with delivery, received today. I did not plan to buy one but yesterday on eBay auction seen one brand new so I put my max bid 10 seconds before the auction ended  and won the auction. OK now I have the camera and hope it is easy to use as not that good with computers and editing.

Also can someone explain in short what settings should the camera be when recording and anything important about using the Sony action cam, thanks.

Congrats on the purchase and sounds like a great buy! Settings.... I'm tipping to get the best footage use the record mode.... As for tips etc.... Make sure the lens cap is off and the lens is facing forward.... Hope my highly informative post is useful mate.... Disclaimer: I've never used a Sony action cam - it may not have a lens cap, although I'm sure it will have a lens..... And a record feature (be pretty crap if it doesn't??) See what happens when you post up ride reports of Friday rides?!??! Hiccup

• Like 4

Just bought one yesterday on eBay, Sony action cam, brand new for $150.00 with delivery, received today. I did not plan to buy one but yesterday on eBay auction seen one brand new so I put my max bid 10 seconds before the auction ended  and won the auction. OK now I have the camera and hope it is easy to use as not that good with computers and editing.

Also can someone explain in short what settings should the camera be when recording and anything important about using the Sony action cam, thanks.

I use mine on 1080@ 60fps .. 

I found that on the 720 it just wasnt that clear ????

I done a good dozen runs with it on the bike over the same track and compared the lot and the 1080 was the one !!

I dont know if your using Mac or Win Marko but if on apple just use iMovie till you get the jist of it all.

If you on Win Im going to have to let someone else make the suggestions there,

Other than that Dusty is right .. hit record, when finished hit stop !!!   Pretty simple really  :)

If you have any questions you can ring me as I have the same camera mate  :)

Dazza

• Like 1

Looks like im going to be in the market for one of these in the next couple of weeks, chrissy present from the wife.

Had a quick look around, looks like Sony has release a new model, only JB are advertising it. I think ill go with the older HDRas15 (I think the new one is HDRAS30) as its cheaper and I dont plan on ever recording at 1080.

Priority to me is longer recording times and I think out of the box the sony is the way to go. Looks like I can get one for $250 every day of the week.

For those that have purchased the Sony Action Cam and have been thinking … "How good is the Cam but its lacking a Remote "

Well Sony has just released it one !!!  .. A remote and a live view screen incorporated in one   :)

http://www.sony.com.au/product/rm-lvr1

post-1245-0-34237500-1384568409_thumb.jp

How good  does it look !!!  All specs are you will find on the link I have posted above  :)

Im going to order one …… Thats for sure  :)

For your sake Darren I hope it doesn't suck the life out of the camera battery. The GoPro remote is good, it could be great if it didn't hurt the camera battery life so much. From 1.5 hours of footage without the wi-fi it goes to less than 45 mins with the wi-fi....hardly worth taking the cam out!

For your sake Darren I hope it doesn't suck the life out of the camera battery. The GoPro remote is good, it could be great if it didn't hurt the camera battery life so much. From 1.5 hours of footage without the wi-fi it goes to less than 45 mins with the wi-fi....hardly worth taking the cam out!

That would be the next thing I guess to find out how it affects Battery life  !!!!

I have my Sony running permanently from first thing in the morn till roughly Lunch time ( Or there about's )

Then I swap batt's for the arvo but once again from the 1st time I hit the Rec button the cams on permanently again !!!

That gives me just over 4hrs of footage to sort through after a ride  

Ive now found out that in the Settings I can turn cam off when not recording which should save the Battery's even more.

But If I can get the same Rec time as I have been with the remote I would be happy !! :)

• Like 1