giving up the smokes

1 minute ago, mOtOcHiCk said:

Yooo Cruiser. You can do it!!!

End of my working day just now.

On such  a fine day I would say."pull up a chair on the deck with a beer and a smoke."🚭

Guess a bowl of nutri-grain with yogurt is the same thing yeah!!:mangiare-05:

• Like 5
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here we go again. G'day, my name is cruiser. Its been 4 days since my last smoke. After 40 years  of heavy smoking. Quit for 26mths back in 2017 before having that one smoke that put me back

A month has passed.since I decided to stop smoking, I have gained a bit of weight. I am trying to not let that bother me. Have sustained 84kg - 87kg for years. Am now sitting on 92kg. But, I am not sm

For some reason last Sat I ran out of smokes. Made a point not to buy any more. So been about 5 days for me and so far so good. This will be a life game changer if I can carry this on.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, cruiser said:

End of my working day just now.

On such  a fine day I would say."pull up a chair on the deck with a beer and a smoke."🚭

Guess a bowl of nutri-grain with yogurt is the same thing yeah!!:mangiare-05:

100% behind you in spirit.

Been smoking for 28 years now (I can't believe it myself). I know I should give up as my cough is giving me the s....s. I've tried patches, cold turkey, champs & hypnosis before and still couldn't break it. I'm now going for reducing at the moment. Starting with leaving smokes at work. Its working during the week but will get their for weekends.

• Like 4

Cruiser stay strong!
Just think of the new toys you’ll be able to afford with all that money you’ll save.

I went cold turkey in 2014 after 30 years of smoking.
Replaced the habit with a Berg.
Told the other half I was putting the money towards a better cause/habit.
Four bikes later & no smokes.
Fear of failing kept me off them.
To this day I’m still not sure what she dislikes more?

Sometimes replacing a habit with another can work, worked for me.

Just tell your self you don’t need them buy another toy & throw your smoke money at that for a while, so you justify it in some silly way, and stay the course.
In time to come you’ll be glad you did, and to that benefit you’ll end up with more time to enjoy your new toy!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Ausberg said:

No

You want one but don't need one.

Will power.

Someone suggested I do a workout.

Thought about it for a bit. Then poured a big bowl of Coco-Pops. Smothered them in Cream. then sprinkled Milo all over them for energy.

That ought to help I thought? 

Like a big bowl of choclate crackles. hahahaahaha

Yep all rationalization gone out the window.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, cruiser said:

Someone suggested I do a workout.

Thought about it for a bit. Then poured a big bowl of Coco-Pops. Smothered them in Cream. then sprinkled Milo all over them for energy.

That ought to help I thought? 

Like a big bowl of choclate crackles. hahahaahaha

Yep all rationalization gone out the window.

Snap, Crackle - Pop    

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Still off the smokes.

Its been over 40 days since I decided to give them away. Had a few slip ups in that time. 8 smokes within that time. The longest stretch without a smoke is the current time frame of 16 days.

Could of easily caved last night. Put it down to just a bit bored. Went out and bought a pizza. Haven't had one of those for a quite a few months. So was like a little treat for not having a smoke.

Counting the savings and this week I automated my new front gate with some of those savings. 

20201106_151805.thumb.jpg.a5e5723bb8d4f8777c72ce93f89366d5.jpg

So all in all its been a positive move. And gaining a few achievements along the way is helping.

Riding my bike the couple of times I have in the last few weeks has been a bit different without the smokes.

But I will concede,. the fitness is staying strong even if the old body isn't as strong as it used to be.

Looking forward to getting out on the bike next week. As time goes by It seems to be a bit easier to say NOPE.

• Like 4

Well done 👌 I know how tough it is. I found it best to try and avoid the triggers for a while too.
You’ve broken its back now man - even though it may not always feel like it though 😂 👌

• Like 2

Yeah. Liked the idea of a gate. Hated the idea of having to get out of the car to open and close it. Especially if it is raining.

So the automation was a little treat for not smoking....and a no brainer if i was ever going to actually use them.^_^

• Like 1