jetmani

Ct18 Truck/bike Wash

Ah shit, I would have asked you to get a bottle for me and I'd have fixed you up tomorrow. I live miles from the closest Repco. Maybe it will still be on special on Monday.

Sale ends tommorow i think.

Yazza that is wearing the alloy with your boots ect not stripping all silicas from it. Big difference. not only that but then you are only wearing the clutch and stator covers not the engine cases / head.

If CT18 was PH neutral as stated would it really remove the grease/oil while cleaning?drz%20(77).gif

Yazza that is wearing the alloy with your boots ect not stripping all silicas from it. Big difference. not only that but then you are only wearing the clutch and stator covers not the engine cases / head.

If CT18 was PH neutral as stated would it really remove the grease/oil while cleaning?drz%20(77).gif

I have found Paul that it does not remove grease and oil. It removes dirt, clay and loam. I have had leaky fork seals and counter shaft seals that even sprayed with ct18 the oil is still there after rinsing off. The dirt is not.

I am looking forward to testing the PH on Monday - and we have top notch equipment .. not the paper strips lol.

Cheers

Yazza

I posted up a while back about this sort of thing........

I was explaining how I would be more worried about the acidicness of our local water supply more than those washes.

And lets not get started with whats in our rainwater tanks....

I have found Paul that it does not remove grease and oil. It removes dirt, clay and loam. I have had leaky fork seals and counter shaft seals that even sprayed with ct18 the oil is still there after rinsing off. The dirt is not.

I am looking forward to testing the PH on Monday - and we have top notch equipment .. not the paper strips lol.

Cheers

Yazza

Will be great to know Yazza.

I myself use CT18 a fair bit. I find that it does remove the grease and oil, this is why I like to use it.

I have had this info confirmed about the alloys by a few different indipendent sources that are alot smarter than me, and the fact that one of them could actually show me what happens over time makes me believe them.

Hi team, I've been using ct18 for a while & thought it was good but I wouldn't rave about it - but I have been using it with cold water - am keen to use Yazza's hot water way - it's common sense really - thanks for the tip Yazza. :D Getting the bike dirty today keen to give the bike a good clean afterward (doesn't sound right does it?)

Re Wether it removes grease & oil maybe it's the ratio you mix with the water.

Cheers people

I posted up a while back about this sort of thing........

I was explaining how I would be more worried about the acidicness of our local water supply more than those washes.

And lets not get started with whats in our rainwater tanks....

Water, and heaps of it

back from anglesea yes i found some muddy puddles....

anyway...... into big-w and picked up a 1 ltr pressure pump thingy $6.80 stuck 50ml ish of CT18 and filled the reset with hot tap water

pressure washed the thick mud with a quick 30 sec wash over.

pumped the hell out the 1 litre bottle and sprayed the bike.

waited 15 mins then pressure washed the bike all over.

is good is don! it works very well bike has come up cleaner than ever...

I have found in the past using ct18 that on polished alloy if left to long it will oxidise the surface this is mainly on alloy polished by owner or others not factory , all alloy frame swing arms have a clear anodised finish, hours have been spent stripping the anodised coating before polishing the alloy i hate it.

i stopped using ct18 and have used Dobatex since i do the same wet bike leave for a few mins then spray bike with dobatex leave for ten mins then wash.

Unfortunately my fave wash has been discontinued :(

Shell Dobatex Gold is no more. Get it while you can.

I remember it was called Shell Teepol Gold years ago. It was the ducks guts.

A while ago I made a vid of how I apply it to the bike, after jet washing the chunky dirt and clay off.

https://vimeo.com/6809782

CT18 isn't as good as Dobatex. When I couldn't get the Dobatex a few times over the years I used CT18, and every time I noticed the difference for sure.

• Like 1

I wonder if the source I heard that Dobatex is done was right. Because you can still buy it on the net easily enough. Can't find anything about it being discontinued either.

Hmmm. Maybe life is not over after all.

They discontinued it for bout 3 months now its back in bike shops,bought some last week and they had bout 10 bottles in stock!best bike wash imo

Yep its back in the shops again

Bikemart had 6 4lt cans there on friday, i love the stuff OHH and by the way if you are ever playing in Brake fluid use Dobatex to wash it of its the best i have never come across anything that wash's brake fluid off as easy as Dobatex

I dropped into Freestyle Honda in Funkytown today and they had plenty on the shelves. I'd run out of CT18 so I thought id give it a run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Off topic but who renumbers the good old trichloroethylene vapor baths for degreasing (banned now)

or also known as X55,xylene Put greasy objects in wire basket lower into heated fumming bath 5 mins later whistle clean!!

god only knows what that $hit will or has done to us..