gasman

2012 Husaberg Te300

Well, picked up my new 3oo last Tuesday from Valley Force Husaberg in Lilydale. Spent most days after work tweaking and setting up, i.e. Force protection gear, ADR crap removed and thanks to Felroy for wiring up the throttle cable. Sunday was the maiden voyage out at Driffield. I've come off a 06 husky wr250 and was looking for something with a bit more diversity, high country riding, cruisy social rides and my favourite, ultra tight technical ST. The only 300 i'd ridden (no TE's to demo) was dirt girlies kato300.. First thoughts were.. this is one tall bike!! I've had valley force fit springs front and rear to suit my 115kg's geared up with a progressive rear. Scott's under bar dampener also. Now I'm 6'4 and am on tipee toes to touch the ground!!The bike ran like a dream. Loads of bottom, mid and nice transition to up top. The front tracked really well in the ultra slippery Driffield red clay, but also felt lite when lofting over logs. The bike turned really sharp and responsive through the pine ST sections and tractored up hills being cautious and was very stable and true when hitting the same hills full noise. All in all I feel that this bike with it's linear power curve of the middle PV spring installed makes it a very easy bike to ride fast and smooth. I can't find anything to fault on this bike yet, but I do give my bikes a relatively hard time so time will tell.

I'd like to mention also that Andrew at Valley Force knows his stuff.. Not only a great price but a pre-delivery that should be followed by all new bike dealers.

post-585-0-24792000-1336473567_thumb.jpg

post-585-0-85479400-1336473608_thumb.jpg

post-585-0-73355800-1336473644_thumb.jpg

Nice Gasman, They would have to be the best 2T on the market at the moment.

Yeah second that, im not a 2t person but i like the berg 2t.

The 300 berg is nothing short than awesome!! Using the middle spring, the power delivery is very smooth.. Gone are the days of riding full noise on the pipe like I used to on my old 06 2t 250.. No more fatigue of holding onto something with an over aggressive power transition!! Smooth is fast!! The front feels very light for lofting over logs and water but is firmly planted when turning fast on flat turns and berms. The mapping switch is a waste of time cause I honestly can't tell the difference.. The only negative that I've come across is that the OEM tyres are ultra crap.. Ripped them off after a couple of rides and put on my usual combo of mx31 rear and mx51 front and won't look back.. The clutch is ultra smooth and using the kicker is effortless.. With the jd jetting kit installed, I get about 120 klm's before hitting reserve on mixed terrain and the cc forks are in a class of their own when riding in areas which are rocky, and the Scott's dampener has eliminated any headstem shakes at high speeds.. Miranda, your bike and mine are very very similar (obviously) but with your exhaust combo and spring setting made your power transition a lot more aggressive. Oh.. And the berg is so quiet!! My mates don't even know I'm behind them until I rip past!! Lol

• Like 1

The 300 berg is nothing short than awesome!! Using the middle spring, the power delivery is very smooth.. Gone are the days of riding full noise on the pipe like I used to on my old 06 2t 250.. No more fatigue of holding onto something with an over aggressive power transition!! Smooth is fast!! The front feels very light for lofting over logs and water but is firmly planted when turning fast on flat turns and berms. The mapping switch is a waste of time cause I honestly can't tell the difference.. The only negative that I've come across is that the OEM tyres are ultra crap.. Ripped them off after a couple of rides and put on my usual combo of mx31 rear and mx51 front and won't look back.. The clutch is ultra smooth and using the kicker is effortless.. With the jd jetting kit installed, I get about 120 klm's before hitting reserve on mixed terrain and the cc forks are in a class of their own when riding in areas which are rocky, and the Scott's dampener has eliminated any headstem shakes at high speeds.. Miranda, your bike and mine are very very similar (obviously) but with your exhaust combo and spring setting made your power transition a lot more aggressive. Oh.. And the berg is so quiet!! My mates don't even know I'm behind them until I rip past!! Lol

Nice that makes me want one even more now. I want to move away from team Orange and be a little bit unique.

I'm pretty sure my bike has the red spring in it (which at the time was experimental reasons only), which explains the aggressiveness. Would love to have a ride on yours when I'm back and riding if that's ok?

For sure Miranda. You will definantly feel the difference in deflection through the closed cartridge forks..

• Like 1

For sure Miranda. You will definantly feel the difference in deflection through the closed cartridge forks..

Do you know if the TE250's have the interchangeable springs?

Yeah, they do. Are you the same Walks that had the little incident with Riles foot peg a couple of months back?.