What Else Would You As A Member Like To See On Here ?
4 4

75 posts in this topic

Geoffro    4,683

Hey Geoffro. I keep going to the Leisure section to find The Lounge section.. it's confusing me a tad

Yeah mate, your right, it is in the wrong spot, just gotta figure out the best place for it, as its one of the biggest sub forums, which they say should be kept towards the top...

Leave it with me mate

nimman    984

Yeah mate, your right, it is in the wrong spot, just gotta figure out the best place for it, as its one of the biggest sub forums, which they say should be kept towards the top...

Leave it with me mate

You're right and it IS the biggest!! :)

youngfella    4,325

A drop down box on the 'recent topics'to show 'more' . That way we can see any useful threads that we have missed out on.

Bassman    194

How about sub forums relating specifically to the common bike brands eg KTM, Yamaha. Perhaps under Tech Talk or Genral Bike Discussion.

• Like 3

RIDER    1,996

we where just talking about this on a ride I think there should be a level on the track how hard out of 4 and how fast the level is out of 4 as I was told my level 2 was at close to a level 4 of track but a level 2.5 at speed think this would help out a lot of rider as we talk about it we think it make it more easyer to work out if you can do the ride as everone can do main rd but not at over 100km per hour and some can but cant do rock and log it like the blank area and if you want we can work on some video of the level to give people and idel im happy to do this with a bit of help from a lagre group of people to work out it right and make it better for everone  because with a big group we can make and vote how hard or easy it is and think this we get people do more ride as there know what there in for .thank you for you time

Dakota    8,129

A DirtriderZ kids section........ I think it would have to be locked off from "NoN members" and perhaps "Age verified" from parents... But we have a "Chicks" section, why not let the new generation have a place to talk.......I'm sure with MX track days etc ,, many DirtriderZ kids meet and it would give them an option to join in and communicate.... Obviously a couple of parents would have to "Moderate", but i recon it could work...

• Like 2

Geoffyboy    4,834

I have but I think that it need little more info and video

If you have some spare time to do some videos we would be happy to take a look.

But as it stand none of us have the time to make ride level videos.

It has been talked about before though. Just haven't had the time.

RIDER    1,996

Sound good I go do some video put it up on the form and see what pleople rate it as I see if I can do it this weekend

• Like 1

Geoffyboy    4,834

Sound good I go do some video put it up on the form and see what pleople rate it as I see if I can do it this weekend

Good stuff.

Looking forward to seeing what you can come up with.

MrNoodle    6,758

In what way? Every time there is a forum upgrade it brings out gremlins in Tapatalk and not everyone is happy. I'm not a tech person so I don't understand it all and would be interested to know what your after?

• Like 1

Ozzyla    270
11 minutes ago, Bassman said:

Works fine for me, but hey, Im on Mac's!! 

Oh, Sorry about that.

Ozzyla    270
1 hour ago, Geoffro said:

Are you for real ?

Yes,  A forum that the search option is not just cosmetic ;) 

Ozzyla    270
1 minute ago, Bassman said:

huh??

lol, You said you use a Mac, I was saying sorry about that. :P 

Bassman    194
1 minute ago, Ozzyla said:

lol, You said you use a Mac, I was saying sorry about that. :P 

Um no need to be sorry mate! Using a mac saves me countless hours every year by doing what its supposed to do, and no need for Anti Virus software.. lol, I could go on and on. No one in my industry uses PC and for good reason.

• Like 2

MrNoodle    6,758
38 minutes ago, Ozzyla said:

Yes,  A forum that the search option is not just cosmetic ;) 

I haven't used a forum where the search function works well yet. I find typing into Google, dirtriderz what else would you like to see as a member, brings up this topic. Even if you cant remember the proper name a bit of the title and even your name or the OP's name. THats what I do for any forum I try search

• Like 2

ohmygewd    486

I think if either the site or members start using tags it will make forum searches easier and faster - but dependent of the software that this forum uses.

On Tapatalk, it's kinda frustrating that some members names come up as unknown (in private/group messaging) even though on the live site it's shows perfectly.

Again, don't know if the forum software would allow it, maybe it would be easier to have form to fill out when posting a ride like Terrain Level, Speed Level and Group size

So the current method posting a ride requires the poster to add and Area, Date and then check boxes like:

Area: Kinglake

Date : 01/01/2018

Terrain Level (1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5/3.0/3.5/4.0): 3.0

Speed Level (1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5/3.0/3.5/4.0): 2.5

Group Size  (Limited<interger>/Unlimited) : Limited 10

Description (in the body): Ride starts at 9:00am sharp etc etc.

Then the output of the form would see the Posting Title will use the Area and Date, the tags will be the Terrain, Speed and Group then in the posting body will be the description as usual.

What this would do is end the debates of having 2.5 vs 2.5+ vs 2+ etc etc and you can do/redo the ride video's to reinforce plus it allows forum members to easily see what ride's are on and the posting titles are standardized - possibly populate the calendar as well?

PS. Spent all day doing workflow and systems designs so l haven't switched off :)