What Size Front / Rear: 110/100/18 Rear

Style (soft, inter, hard, sand / mud): soft

Dot Approved (yes / no): NO

Handle off road (rating out of 10):8

Acceleration / Tracking: 9

Braking: 7.5

Cornering: 7.5

Price per tyre: $100-$130

Wear & Tear (how are they wearing): First ride on them was open flowing trails, the rest has been single with i little fire trail in between. For the amount of grip in loose / wet surface that they have they are wearing quite well just over 300 ks on them now and have wore pretty well a little rounded on the driving edge.

Cool Factor (1 - 10): 8

Comments: This is my opinion with the tyre been compared to a 404, i am by no means a fast rider but i think its a pretty good winter tyre. I think on rocky high country riding the tyre would not last very long. But bloody great in wet single :rolleyes: .

post-175-0-09870900-1309081795_thumb.jpg

Brand: Pirelli

Model: XC Mid Hard

What Size Front / Rear: Front N/A Rear 140/80/18

Style (soft, inter, hard, sand / mud): Intermediate

Dot Approved (yes / no): n

Handle off road (rating out of 10): Dunno,definately better than the Metzler 6 days OME.

Acceleration / Tracking: See above.

Braking: OK

Cornering: Pretty good.

Price per tyre: Can't remember..

Wear & Tear (how are they wearing): Seems to be wearing well.Would give it a 7/10

Cool Factor (1 - 10): Tyres are tyres..

Comments: Bought this tyre for the AMTRA HCR and it did the job well. Although all those rocks took the edge off pretty quick.

Not a bad tyre but suspect there's better ones out there..

I wasn't sure on which size,so used the measurements of the supplied KTM tyre. It's bloody huge! People keep commenting on how chunky my rear tyre is!

Brand: dunlop

Model: 952 rear

What Size Front / Rear: 120/90/18

Style (soft, inter, hard, sand / mud):

Dot Approved (yes / no): n

Handle off road (rating out of 10): 8

Acceleration / Tracking: 8

Braking: 8

Cornering: 8

Price per tyre: 130

Wear & Tear (how are they wearing): pretty good considering how well it handled in most conditions I changed it before it wore out, not cause it was no good, just couldn't wait to try a different tyre.

Cool Factor (1 - 10):

Comments: I think this is a good weekend warriors tyre, I handles all terrain well for the way it was wearing. I did nickname it 'the pig' as it was happiest in the sloppy mud first couple of rides I took it out on. I would definitely buy another. Would compliment the front 952 perfectly.

Brand: michelin

Model: enduro comp 3

What Size Front / Rear: 140/80/18

Style (soft, inter, hard, sand / mud):

Dot Approved (yes / no): y

Handle off road (rating out of 10): 8 *

Acceleration / Tracking: 8*

Braking: 5

Cornering: 8*

Price per tyre: 130

Wear & Tear (how are they wearing): So far so good, 2 rides and is still like new

Cool Factor (1 - 10):

Comments: This tyre has an identical pattern to the Metzeler 6 dys extreme, except that the knobs are much higher and wider. The handling is better than the 6 days in my opinion and I personally rate the 6 days very high. I found that this type of tread pattern needs to be ridden with aggression, and boy do they rock. If you like to cruise this tyre, it wont work. This tyre will roost a trench around corners. Cant wait to try the Pirelli version.

Brand: Michelin

Model: Starcross MS3

What Size Front / Rear: 80/100-21 , 100/90-19

Style (soft, inter, hard, sand / mud): Sand/Mud to inter

Dot Approved (yes / no): No

Handle off road (rating out of 10): 10

Acceleration / Tracking: 10

Braking: 10

Cornering: 10

Price per tyre: Front $120, Rear $140

Wear & Tear (how are they wearing): Front good, Rear Average

Cool Factor (1 - 10):8

Comments:

The front tyre is the best i have ever used in wet slippery conditions (riding for 20 years, just about tried every brand)

Rear tyre awesome grip ( most grip of any tyre i have tried when new )but wears quickly if ridden in anything other than very soft to intermediate conditions.

Brand: Pirelli

Model: Scorpian MX Extra

What Size Front / Rear: 80/100-21, 100/90/19

Style (soft, inter, hard, sand / mud): soft to Inter

Handle off road (rating out of 10): 8

Acceleration / Tracking: 8

Braking: 8

Cornering: 8

Price per tyre: Front $100, Rear $120

Wear & Tear (how are they wearing): Very Good

Comments:

Rear Tyre :Very good general purpose tyre, Almost same grip as Michelin MS3 but keeps it a lot longer, Very good wear.

Front Tyre: Absolute Crap, had it on for one ride and changed it before next ride. No confidence in it

Brand: Dunlop

Model: Geomax MX51

What Size Front / Rear: 100/90/19

Style (soft, inter, hard, sand / mud): Soft to Inter

Handle off road (rating out of 10): 9

Acceleration / Tracking: 9

Braking: 9

Cornering: 9

Price per tyre: $130

Wear & Tear (how are they wearing): 9

Comments:

Have only tried the rear tyre, Works very well , bit better than MX extra not quite as good as MS3. About same wear as MX extra. Doesn't tear as much if a few rocks.

I agrree- the Dunlop mx51

awesome grip in all wetish conditions = 8

shally= 7

wear 9

front love stright line breaking as they are sooo wide.

tried the mx 71 fronts and was plesantly surprised at how well the wore and drop the pressure to 10-12 and they will do the wet slime at kinglake fairly well. very predictable

bridgy 204 110-100-18 rear. must say i've been very impressed with this tyre.

suprisingly better wearing then the 404 and better grip for a vic winter.

will handle dry conditions also.8-10

piss easy to fit,gotta love a bridgy they fall on.10-10

not quite the drive of a mx 31(9-10) when new but i think they wear better 8-10.

awesome cornering ability 9-10.

price same as most,expensive.7-10

rocky terrain 8-10 and don't seem to chip to much.

braking 9-10

all in all another option,a great allrounder i think and did i say a delight to fit. an awesome choice for inexperienced tyre fitters.

Bike: Berg FE350
Brand: Motoz
Model: Mountain X Hybrid
What Size Front / Rear: 120 x 18 (rear)
Tubes: UHD 4mm
Style (soft, inter, hard, sand / mud): 80% trials 20% MX more singletrack/technical great lugging tyre.
Dot Approved (yes / no): Yes
Handle off road (rating out of 10): 7-8
Acceleration / Tracking: 7
Braking: 5-7
Cornering: 7
Price per tyre: $140
Wear & Tear (how are they wearing): Been told to expect easily 1000+km, after 20hrs tyre still looks new .
Cool Factor (1 - 10): 9

Comments:

I’ve never ridden on a trials type tyre and it does feel different to a regular knobby; it doesn’t slide as easily as a knobby but grips like hell over roots rock and trees uphill or downhill; packs up quickly in muddy clay conditions but cleans quicker than a knobby; it doesn’t work if you are spinning this tyre once it feels like it’s gripping hold the throttle rather than snap it; sloppy red clay mud/sticky mud/deep mud this tyre will get you through but a knobby is better; gravel/loose pebble a knobby is better, high speed cornering it doesn’t track as well as a knobby and tends to slide but in a control manner until it grips (actually highsided), straights no problems; braking is great so long as you don’t let it lock up and the weight of the thing tending pushes you a bit further.

As many have said with trials tyres, tyre pressure is key. Min. 8psi and lower to really work well. First tried it at 12 psi and it just felt like it spun all the time, hated it.

All in in, l like this tyre but can’t hamfist it as it will either flip on ya or highside ya.

UPDATE: IMO, this tyre is good for summer/spring time as in clay and muddy conditions, it's just hard work plus scary on downhills as the rear wants to come around. But, in straight lines it will climb just about anything.

• Like 1