Bear's Pyrenees ride - Sun 13th June

mOtOcHiCk

A great ride on the bikes with Bear showing us the best of the Pyrenees! What an absolute legend he is. It just so happened to be my birthday too.

I had the first spill with a nice slide out in a puddle.. thanks to an off camber lip among storm debris, followed by[mention=6387]Qbanger[/mention] later on down a slick 4wd track. A few roos here and there also kept[mention=1186]Bear[/mention] on his toes.

Bruising/swelling just below the knee for me and sore ribs for Q. We will see how he pulls up tomorrow.

We found a decent newish steep track that we all eventually lost traction on. We had to bail back down.

It was good to view that Ridge and see how big it really was from another area later.

Sometimes small groups are good, and with the 3 of us we covered quite a bit of ground.. 74kms.

Hope to catch up with Melb peeps soon 50568d7a38b1018fe4d0bf290b40101c.jpgb18b207fb2fdfb8195c021d0ed4fe7f3.jpgf3b8caa8fec66579cfcf039c1749bd19.jpg9390a9aafdfb2a2d7ce0c920cc4fcab5.jpgc83fa747f77c24824c7f3ac864363187.jpgb897cbcfc262b75a8f36b6ffa81b3de6.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Hey happy birthday ,what a way to spend it.at least you both went down ,you can stir each other.😁.hey that 3rd photo ,is that the hill you went up last time qbanger,it looks messy around there compared to last time.hope to do next one bear.

• Like 3

Hey happy birthday ,what a way to spend it.at least you both went down ,you can stir each other..hey that 3rd photo ,is that the hill you went up last time qbanger,it looks messy around there compared to last time.hope to do next one bear.
Thanks Cobraone!
Yes apparently that hill was one that he did last time. Looks very mean I agree.
  • Like 1

Yeah it's a good hill.  Bear and I went up it a couple of years ago. Nasty shale,  the first 30 metres is the worst . The rest not to bad.   Too fast you get airborne and  loose control, to slow you break traction and stop.  Nowhere Creek is a fun spot.

20210615_101750.jpg

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, PeteV said:

Yeah it's a good hill.  Bear and I went up it a couple of years ago. Nasty shale,  the first 30 metres is the worst . The rest not to bad.   Too fast you get airborne and  loose control, to slow you break traction and stop.  Nowhere Creek is a fun spot.

20210615_101750.jpg

I was lucky enough to see you and Bear tackle that hill... @PeteV

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TRAILZ said:

@Bearmy memory in lockdown is fading fast... aargh good times

Is it getting that bad ?? you where so excited you started hugging trees when you got back to the bottom :happy-03:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

i remember this amazingly, Bear, Hoff, myself and maybe another 1 or 2 got up, the rest took the chicken track. Then word came through that Trails was attempting it, it may not have been clean but YES you won Trailz and we were as excited as you for your effort.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dazzrmx said:

i remember this amazingly, Bear, Hoff, myself and maybe another 1 or 2 got up, the rest took the chicken track. Then word came through that Trails was attempting it, it may not have been clean but YES you won Trailz and we were as excited as you for your effort.

I do remember it now @dazzrmx. @Bear sent me up first to test the waters lol...

I had gotten up their cleanly a few rides earlier but was a lil more slippery the 2nd time round. Aaargh good times 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PeteV said:

20210615_101750.jpg

Is it the old tiger cat track ?

6 hours ago, Yammy2smoker said:

From memory it's at the end of a creek bed. As you get near the top it narrows down. 

It doesn't actually cross the creek , it drops down beside no where creek . Just checked the map and it it old tiger cat track

• Like 2

20210615_101750.jpg.1e975d3c436e33a1ef495b596a1195c2.jpg

Mmmm looks like a good hill from the pictures-must get down there

45 minutes ago, Bear said:

It doesn't actually cross the creek , it drops down beside no where creek . Just checked the map and it it old tiger cat track

Thought it was I did it years ago but it was dry. My mate sat at the bottom and refused to attempt it very fun hill.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yammy2smoker said:

From memory it's at the end of a creek bed. As you get near the top it narrows down. 

Its nowhere near the start of nowhere creek and nowhere near the end , it's simply one side of the gully that forms nowhere creek and it's an old line of old tiger cat track. Old tiger cat track goes in threes directions to confuse us even more and don't get it confused with new tiger cat track or the track Bruce calls pussy tiger cat track which is on the same side as that that hill but further downstream and is a bit of of rocky beast.  It looks terrible but it's a really not that bad  hence the name.. pussy tiger cat track.   I have some pics of ptct  somewhere I'll see of I can find one ... :)   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PeteV said:

Its nowhere near the start of nowhere creek and nowhere near the end , it's simply one side of the gully that forms nowhere creek and it's an old line of old tiger cat track. Old tiger cat track goes in threes directions to confuse us even more and don't get it confused with new tiger cat track or the track Bruce calls pussy tiger cat track which is on the same side as that that hill but further downstream and is a bit of of rocky beast.  It looks terrible but it's a really not that bad  hence the name.. pussy tiger cat track.   I have some pics of ptct  somewhere I'll see of I can find one ... :)   

The only way to be sure is to head on out there for a ride I reckon. I just recognise the hill in Bears picture it was a few years ago now.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Yammy2smoker said:

The only way to be sure is to head on out there for a ride I reckon. I just recognise the hill in Bears picture it was a few years ago now.

Oh I'm sure ,  Mt Cole is better btw ...  :)image.png.6af8cc0a2c67ea56f0643cb0c5b4e3f5.png

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 6:58 PM, Yammy2smoker said:

This is old tiger cat track ...  We should go for a spin out there soon before it dries out...

Screenshot_20210703-182522_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1