Fairly new rider who is about to start riding his first ever two stroke

Hi all,

I am fairly new to riding in a bush, own a wr250r and about to get my first two stroke (no engine breaking is gonna be interesting ;) ). Hoping to pick up some knowledge and get on a ride or two (subject to bloody lockdowns) to improve my skills.

Regards,
Chris

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Gypsy501 said:

Welcome to Dirtriderz mateemoji106.png
What’s 2t bike are you getting?

Decided to go mild … with a 300 beta Xtrainer 21 model (due in 2-3 weeks)

• Like 3
On 6/6/2021 at 6:08 PM, splints said:

welcome augul.......before the can of worms start about what 2 stroke to get.... how long you been on the wr250  for?

Got it at the start of last year … so was able to squeeze in few rides in between lockdowns and a High Country ride too :) 

The crew I usually ride with tend to go right tracks  … all very good riders but 1 :)

Hit up the gang for suggestions on where to find flowing tracks in your region. Get seat time, jump on an easy L1- L2 ride.... Coming into winter the basic thing is not to run too much tire pressure. Enjoy!

• Like 4
On 6/6/2021 at 4:52 PM, augul said:

Hi all,

I am fairly new to riding in a bush, own a wr250r and about to get my first two stroke (no engine breaking is gonna be interesting ;) ). Hoping to pick up some knowledge and get on a ride or two (subject to bloody lockdowns) to improve my skills.

Regards,
Chris

Hey Chris, there will be a LVL2 Neerim ride with a Pub visit afterwards, so keep an eye out for that one.... Filled up pretty quick last time too....

• Like 4
Hey Chris, there will be a LVL2 Neerim ride with a Pub visit afterwards, so keep an eye out for that one.... Filled up pretty quick last time too....

Will do :) thanks for letting me know.
Gotta wait for the lockdown to be lifted cause there is nowhere to ride in SE burbs at present.
  • Like 1

nice bike mate....that will get you up and down way beyond a level 1 rider can do....as gypsy said jump on a level 1 or 2 ride (not sure your capabilities) maybe 1 to start with and go from there....watch the organise a ride forum I hope to do one right up your alley in a few weeks at big river....if not a visit to neerim is on the cards... note if it is wet...it gets interesting...but you on a beta...lol

• Like 2
nice bike mate....that will get you up and down way beyond a level 1 rider can do....as gypsy said jump on a level 1 or 2 ride (not sure your capabilities) maybe 1 to start with and go from there....watch the organise a ride forum I hope to do one right up your alley in a few weeks at big river....if not a visit to neerim is on the cards... note if it is wet...it gets interesting...but you on a beta...lol

Thanks mate, I rode quite a bit of tight @ Neerim couple of months ago and absolutely loved it until the arm pump stopped me from clutching in :)
Will keep an eye out for the upcoming rides for sure.
Thanks

ok there is plenty of tight stuff at varying levels at neerim.... keep an eye out... justforfun knows a good 2 to 2 +loop, if you are starting out it will keep you honest.....i found some stuff more level 1+ by pure chance...

J4F i can show you (i hope i can remember) so you can run a lower level every now and then...you could incorporate it it into your loop...its near the quarry section

• Like 1