Lowering 2012 husaberg te300

Tying to lower my 2012 husaberg te300 I have taken foam out of the seat really not much to take out maybe 10mm. I purchased a lowering kit for the front and rear suspension to lower it by 32mm. I thought I could put the kit on myself but the front forks are closed chamber forks. Special tools required which I don't have and if I am honest a little out of my comfort zone working on those forks. I called Chad's off road suspension and he says I am better off leaving it alone and not lowering the bike. Has anyone on here lowered there suspension and did it help or ruin the handling of the bike. I can barely touch the ground with one leg and the estarter well barely ever works so tricky to start sometimes. 

I find it hard to believe a suspension tuner would tell you to just leave it alone...find another tuner that will listen to you - did he even give a reason why not?

Give JCP a call and ask him as he's in Geelong if not Tracrite (which maybe too far from you but could post)...professionally lowered suspension, they add a spacer inside the shock body shaft and fork damper rod, as much as 25mm and then match springs to suits. If you can't bring the bike down, so the tuner to visually see you on the bike, get some pics with you (plus gear on) the bike and illustrate how tall the bike is for you.

A professionally lowered bike not only keeps the geometry of the bike but gives the rider confidence when they can touch the ground with at least one foot...plus the only way to lower a PDS shock is by shaft spacers.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ohmygewd said:

I find it hard to believe a suspension tuner would tell you to just leave it alone...find another tuner that will listen to you - did he even give a reason why not?

Give JCP a call and ask him as he's in Geelong if not Tracrite (which maybe too far from you but could post)...professionally lowered suspension, they add a spacer inside the shock body shaft and fork damper rod, as much as 25mm and then match springs to suits. If you can't bring the bike down, so the tuner to visually see you on the bike, get some pics with you (plus gear on) the bike and illustrate how tall the bike is for you.

A professionally lowered bike not only keeps the geometry of the bike but gives the rider confidence when they can touch the ground with at least one foot...plus the only way to lower a PDS shock is by shaft spacers.

That's the kit I have with the spacers the rear looks esay but the closed chamber forks not so esay lowers the front and rear 32mm. Chad's said to do a rider course he said there are lots of good shorter riders that don't lower there bikes as it ruins the handling. He said he has lowered bikes before but thinks its a waste of money. Personally I would sacrifice abit of suspension proformace to be able to get at least one foot on the ground good.

• Like 2

Hi Yammy ,I personally would try all other avenues before lowering a bike, Have you tried lower profile tyres-Shinko do a 90-90-21 front & a 140-80-18 rear, also you should be able to get more out of your seat-Mario from Topline can get 25m out off the new kato seats that are less padding then yours, and I would definitely be getting that estarter fixed.
Good luck bro I hope that helps a little.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gypsy501 said:

Hi Yammy ,I personally would try all other avenues before lowering a bike, Have you tried lower profile tyres-Shinko do a 90-90-21 front & a 140-80-18 rear, also you should be able to get more out of your seat-Mario from Topline can get 25m out off the new kato seats that are less padding then yours, and I would definitely be getting that estarter fixed.
Good luck bro I hope that helps a little.

Any reason for not lowering the suspension. I have tried to get the estarter working had it all apart replaced parts cleaned greased no reason it shouldn't work. It sometimes works which is not a great help. Apparently there not the best estarter. I will look into them other options you mentioned thanks for your advice much appreciated. 

Hey mate I had the same bike, just the 250.
I had mine lowered by smarty up at Mildura. For the type of ridding you do it with be the best mod you can do.
It didn't effect the high speed too much, I still managed to do Hattah on it.

For those wondering the 2012 Husaberg 2 strokes were 25mm higher than any other models. So lower it 25 mm will make it the same hight as ktms etc now.

• Like 2

Lower height generally gives better handling and control regardless of bike type / brand.

For offroad its good to have at least 250mm travel. You'll have more than this if its dropped 32mm.

However, if you're doing MX or for offroad hit obstacles at speed, like to load and launch off rocks, logs and spoon drains then you'll probably miss the 32mm.

Technically, depending on how its done dropping the rear can be a problem because of the rising rate and chain reaction, It can lose some of the small bump suppleness and anti squat characteristic. However, done right I doubt most riders would feel the difference.

If it was me and the height is affecting my riding and confidence I'd listen to the experts that say don't do it, thank them for their advice, and then find someone who will lower it.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Gypsy501 said:

G’day Yammy, how did you go mate-lowering the bike work out for you buddy?

I have a kit to lower it but it's not been installed. I wanted to see how I go without it for abit that way I know the difference. The good thing about the kit is that it can be removed with no permanent change to the bike. I was really struggling on Petes ride at Mt Cole on the weekend I dropped the bike more times than I can remember. Alot of the time I couldn't get a foot down to get the bike in neutral so would get off the bike and use my hand. If I was doing free flowing trails it wouldn't be a problem at all. I have done 3 rides now so will lower it soon to see the difference my feeling is that it will make a huge difference in slow terrian. My skill level in really slow tight stuff is terrible and log riding techniques so I am thinking a training course too.

• Like 3

Try the lowering kit!

I have one on my 300.. same as you have got I think.

It gives me alot more confidence being closer to the ground and I just avoid landing on the front wheel over erosion mounds hahaha!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yammy2smoker said:

I have a kit to lower it but it's not been installed. I wanted to see how I go without it for abit that way I know the difference. The good thing about the kit is that it can be removed with no permanent change to the bike. I was really struggling on Petes ride at Mt Cole on the weekend I dropped the bike more times than I can remember. Alot of the time I couldn't get a foot down to get the bike in neutral so would get off the bike and use my hand. If I was doing free flowing trails it wouldn't be a problem at all. I have done 3 rides now so will lower it soon to see the difference my feeling is that it will make a huge difference in slow terrian. My skill level in really slow tight stuff is terrible and log riding techniques so I am thinking a training course too.

I thought we had been training.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

Husaberg te300 lowered buy 35mm put the Terra-× lowering kit in forks and rear shock done internally. Test ride in the yard it's awesome to able to get a foot down. As for out on the trails we will have to wait for ride in between another lockdown. 

20210715_110057.jpg

• Like 4