Tallarook - Tracey's L2 stepup 2nd May 2021

Might as well start it off with something a little different. There won't be any ride details (from me) apart from the dust. We may as well have had a goatie competition - except for the lead Tracey.

A big thanks for scouting the area and slapping together a different loop to@Tracey Pepstar and@Goodie, @splints for sweeping and@Bear doing the usual track duties and quick repairs. Everyone else just made it the perfect day.

Anyway, the something little different bit as my little tractor gave me a different ride.

She had me over the handlebars, working up a sweat

She had me through the puddles, only to get wet

She had me high above the ground, purring with the sound

She had my legs up in the air, with no-one else around

She had me crouching upright now, standing on the pegs

As she layed her cushioned seat, inbetween my legs

She had me going sideways, she had me on my knees

Even though she worked on me, the muscles will be pleased

She had her front up in the air, slipping to the rear

The crowd was watching on, to whisper loud in cheer

• Like 15
  • Haha 2

Might as well start it off with something a little different. There won't be any ride details (from me) apart from the dust. We may as well have had a goatie competition - except for the lead Tracey.

A big thanks for scouting the area and slapping together a different loop to[mention=1617]Tracey[/mention] Pepstar and[mention=6190]Goodie[/mention], [mention=326]splints[/mention] for sweeping and[mention=1186]Bear[/mention] doing the usual track duties and quick repairs. Everyone else just made it the perfect day.

Anyway, the something little different bit as my little tractor gave me a different ride.

She had me over the handlebars, working up a sweat
She had me through the puddles, only to get wet

She had me high above the ground, purring with the sound
She had my legs up in the air, with no-one else around

She had me crouching upright now, standing on the pegs
As she layed her cushioned seat, inbetween my legs

She had me going sideways, she had me on my knees
Even though she worked on me, the muscles will be pleased

She had her front up in the air, slipping to the rear
The crowd was watching on, to whisper loud in cheer

Lol, Love it[mention=6679]donniedarko[/mention]! Thanks again for lightening the mood & being your usual cheerful self
It was great to have you along and see how much you have improved again since our last ride! There is something to say about riding dirtbikes and having a positive, can do attitude and willing to give anything a crack! Well done mate!
Go The Tractor

Also a special mention to[mention=6589]Chelsea[/mention] &[mention=6891]Renee[/mention] who both stepped out of there comfort zone and took on a few challenges like champions! Go Girls You Chicks Rock!

As always, a big thank you to[mention=6190]Goodie[/mention] (mr fox) &[mention=1186]Bear[/mention] for your support through out the ride, very much appreciated! Also thanks to[mention=326]splints[/mention] for sweep duties for the day and [mention=112]mOtOcHiCk[/mention] for helping support and encourage the girls.

Great day with a heap of new faces (new too me). I hope everyone enjoyed a bit of a different loop that we threw together to include the Tehans hill climbs and a few extra challenges / tighter trails compaired to the original level 1+ loop I have been running lately.

I will add a few pics later on. Cheers and catch you all on the next one.

Tracey

• Like 12

I didn't get alot of pics, mainly at our first break ontop of Tehans 4.
The dusty conditons meant for a few less breaks than usual to try and keep the group moving and spread apart on the trails, so I hope I didn't wear anyone out too much. You all did fantastic!

Big thanks to everyone again

. 9d2e0f622de81345fdd07f2352b21331.jpg

2ff11e856648f54bb1e6baad271b34c2.jpg

3ada6e382e04434c227382399d11435e.jpg

b45bb56aa8961dc4c6605713846e8ffc.jpg

8168074991a459ff623448bf391c6454.jpg

601d0919e925a5c38d3eed4f939c2a7b.jpg

cdd404c43b2d99cee6dc48f35a043f97.jpg

• Like 9

What a great day, nice to have a change of terrain and ride Tallarook, it certainly didn't disappoint. 

The loop was great, Tracey, and the group flowed really well. Shouts to the ChickZ who smashed everything thrown at them and did it with great technique, showing up some of us blokes!!

Looking forward to another one of your rides Tracey!!!

I will edit some footage over the week, so stay tuned...

1103634206_ScreenShot2021-05-03at6_57_17am.png

1524026740_ScreenShot2021-05-03at6_57_32am.png

• Like 11

Another day on the bike with Dirtriderz...

We had good fun as always. It was great to see the perseverance of[mention=6589]Chelsea[/mention][mention=6679]donniedarko[/mention] and Renee.

With plenty of recent bike time and the challenges you have experienced, those skills you are gaining are building! Keep at it!

Thanks[mention=1617]Tracey[/mention] Pepstar[mention=6190]Goodie[/mention] and[mention=1186]Bear[/mention] for creating the environment for the step up riders to thrive!

Good to see some other people keen for a day out

I can't wait for it to rain, we desperately need some moisture on the ground. Bring on winter!

cfba939108e4a215badc977ea62ef86d.jpg57b60e4fb4e123a58c7293f25ac59c0c.jpg

• Like 11

First and for I would like to thank Tracey,Goodie,Bear and a dusty splints for organising and running a great ride 👏 

It’s always good to get out on the bike no matter what but this one was worth the early rise and 2 hour  drive,the ride flowed perfectly between very short transport sections to the tight flowing stuff.the hills were a lot of fun and did not see any carnage at all which was a great thing.

low light of my day was on the last track on the way back to the cars thinking how good is this ride and bars have not touched the ground and after being cornerman trying to take off if 4th gear stalling it and dropping the bike 🙄 ha ha ha yes what a Gumby 🤷‍♂️

I want to give kudos to the young ladies stepping up (and all of them in the ride) you all smashed it and thank you as at stages when I wanted to be lazy and sit down seeing you guys still up on the pegs reminded me positioning and on the pegs is easier 👍 

to all the over 50 guys on the ride great to see you guys out there doing what you love also 👍

thanks to everyone on the ride was great meeting new people and people I haven’t ridden with in ages,it is alway good seeing the smiles on the faces after and during a ride that’s why we all do it.thanks also to dirtriderz for making days like this happen 👌🏻

Thanks again Tracey well done on a great loop 👏

ACE53FE9-B2F9-4858-A823-BC4BA298FC9D.jpeg

40000927-F474-4A7F-9FC0-F022C92E8618.jpeg

F30419A9-A98C-48D7-AC94-4A152C0443E2.jpeg

495ED0A2-044C-4296-94EA-5F36C435DA33.jpeg

64122A83-1915-48E5-86C3-E667D44284DC.jpeg

1A0B7C9D-EEAD-4EAB-84B2-4B5A4B5AD1AC.jpeg

2F864C29-72D9-4C15-A865-5F13F4C5DECC.jpeg

• Like 13

Here is a quick edit I did of the ride, I hope I showed a bit of everybody...

Tomorrow is Star Wars Day, and also my birthday, (May the Fourth), so to celebrate the worlds best ever documentary I have indulged!!! (Which you'lI see at the start), also played and recorded the music, so I hope ya like it heavy 😂 !!!

If you like it, please give me a like and subscribe on YouTube..... 

Thanks again for a great day GuyZ & ChickZ....

CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO     watch it in HD as well!!

• Like 12

After not knowing if I was or wasn't going to make it as my forks still weren't ready Friday I rang first thing Saturday morning and bang there done i left work 🤣 I was off before you knew it I was back home forks in bike fueled bag pack ready to roll little excited as I haven't ridden much of late 

Thanks Tracey for leading the ride its great not to in your own backyard good chance to relax an enjoy help out others on this Chelsea and Renee wow both out of your comfort zone but you girls absolutely smashed it out there Sunday hats off keep up the great work awesome stuff 

Was a great ride little dusty but no rain will do that was great to see an catch up with everyone an ill see some of you in a few weeks time 

Cheers egg

• Like 8

all good troops... as I said there were way better than me on this ride...so I was where I would have been anyway but capable....thanks to bear and goodie for never being too far away but all good for the crew that went.....you all did a great job as I hardly saw your bums too much.... chelsea...try and pick better lines...you made hard work on a couple of bits ..we all do it when we get tired,,, but it makes life easier if you hit the right line up or down from start ...any way quiet  day at my end...well done to you all...

great loop TP and goodie ...lets do it again...but call it 2 and a bit and do it a bit quicker.. not the pace...thats spot on...less  stops i reckon....does that make sense?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Bassman said:

Tomorrow is Star Wars Day, and also my birthday, (May the Fourth), so to celebrate the worlds best ever documentary I have indulged!!! (Which you'lI see at the start), also played and recorded the music, so I hope ya like it heavy 😂 !!!

CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO     watch it in HD as well!!

Love a bit of Blues, Blueshead should be called the Robbers.

• Like 2

It was a great ride. Im still recovering!!!
Thank you to EVERYONE on the ride for all the encouragement, mechanical help (fork seals will be done this week!!) physical help and words of wisdom!!
Getting through something hard and being cheered on at every corner really made me feel good about it all! The hills were so much fun and the tights were awesome, I definitely need more time on the bike but I’m really happy I made it through with no major stacks!
I was exhausted pretty quickly and like splints said, I picked some pretty dodgy lines and made it so much harder I’m good at doing that!
I appreciate everyone’s patients as I know I took a bit longer to get through some sections, and needed an extra break here and there, and thank you to those who checked up on me all the way through and even once I got home.
I haven’t stopped talking about the ride to anyone who would listen!

Overall it was an excellent day.
I will continue to jump on step up rides where I can.

• Like 10

Tomorrow is Star Wars Day, and also my birthday, (May the Fourth), so to celebrate the worlds best ever documentary I have indulged!!! (Which you'lI see at the start), also played and recorded the music, so I hope ya like it heavy !!!

watch it in HD as well!!

Great video! Had some giggles!! Jesus I’m SLOW!!! you were stuck behind me for ages. My bad.

The backing track to that was awesome by the way!!! thanks for sharing!
  • Like 5

all good troops... as I said there were way better than me on this ride...so I was where I would have been anyway but capable....thanks to bear and goodie for never being too far away but all good for the crew that went.....you all did a great job as I hardly saw your bums too much.... chelsea...try and pick better lines...you made hard work on a couple of bits ..we all do it when we get tired,,, but it makes life easier if you hit the right line up or down from start ...any way quiet  day at my end...well done to you all...
great loop TP and goodie ...lets do it again...but call it 2 and a bit and do it a bit quicker.. not the pace...thats spot on...less  stops i reckon....does that make sense?
Yeah, it would be a great loop for a level 2 ride and probably ended up being a level 2 ride as most the riders that showed up, were level 2+ riders anyway, hence the actual riding pace was up.

The last 2 rides we did out Talla were level 1+ with a more relaxed pace, with more open stuff and some technical tracks for challenges and we attracted quiet a few newer riders.

The feedback I got from those rides was that some of them wanted a bit more of a challenge, hence why we threw this ride up with some more technical tracks and hills.

Alas, we didn't get the same crowd and ended up with higher level riders on the day.
Not that I'm complaining at all, the day was loads of fun and everyone seemed to enjoy it, but unintentionally the lower level riders that did join us may have felt a bit of pressure because the pace had stepped up a level.

I can't control the pack though, I can only lead the way In saying that, everyone got through it all and there was smiles all around at the end.

On a positive note, as someone said to me on the day, the only way to improve your riding and learn to ride faster is to ride with those who are faster and more experienced than yourself. Stepping outside your comfort zone is the only way to improve.

On the other note, unfortunately we can't help break downs, just a part of riding, hence the adjustments in the loop to shorten it up a bit.

Much appreciate the feedback though. It's always helpful to hear the good and the bad of the day as a lead rider.

Until next time

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Chelsea said:

Great video! Had some giggles!! Jesus I’m SLOW!!! emoji2360.png you were stuck behind me for ages. My bad.

The backing track to that was awesome by the way!!! emoji1362.png thanks for sharing!

Thanks Chelsea, and no I wasn't "stuck" behind you, I was trying to get everybody on the footage so they can watch it back for some fun and also check out their style!!! 

It's not about pace, keep doing what your'e doing, you are on the pegs and doing everything right, the pace comes later. 

Splints mentioned picking better lines, just try looking ahead a little bit more and you will find the better lines...  Never feel like you are holding anyone up on a ride, NEVER!!!, it's about having a blast with friends and getting back to the car safely... 

Keep jumping on the LVL 2 rides Chelsea... See ya in Bendigo!!

• Like 8

Thanks Chelsea, and no I wasn't "stuck" behind you, I was trying to get everybody on the footage so they can watch it back for some fun and also check out their style!!! 
It's not about pace, keep doing what your'e doing, you are on the pegs and doing everything right, the pace comes later. 
Splints mentioned picking better lines, just try looking ahead a little bit more and you will find the better lines...  Never feel like you are holding anyone up on a ride, NEVER!!!, it's about having a blast with friends and getting back to the car safely... 
Keep jumping on the LVL 2 rides Chelsea... See ya in Bendigo!!

Thanks Mate! I appreciate it! The footage was excellent! Looking forward to Bendigo!!!!!
  • Like 1

Tomorrow is Star Wars Day, and also my birthday, (May the Fourth), so to celebrate the worlds best ever documentary I have indulged!!! (Which you'lI see at the start), also played and recorded the music, so I hope ya like it heavy !!!

watch it in HD as well!!
Great vid & Happy Birthday for today
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chelsea said:

Happy Birthday [mention]Bassman [/mention] !!!!

Thanks Chelsea...

1 hour ago, mOtOcHiCk said:

+1 great vid Bassman
Happy Birthday buddy.

thanks matey...

1 hour ago, Tracey Pepstar said:

Great vid & Happy Birthday for today emoji6.png

Thanks TP..