Support Tab Has Been Added To Our Forum

Good evening Guys and Girls,

As a lot of you will know, we are now without any forum sponsors..

Which means, no funds coming in to keep the forum ticking along.

It does not sit comfortably with me adding a support tab to the forum, where people can kick in a few bucks to support and help with running and maintenance costs related to our forum.  But i have honestly exhausted all other avenues...

There is absolutely no pressure and no hard feelings if people choose not to, or simply are unable to.

Its just come to the stage where i can no longer kick in to keeping things running out of my own pocket anymore.

Again, not a cry for help, more so we are putting it out there for a bit of support, for something that has and does bring us a lot of enjoyment etc.

The "Support Tab" can be found up the top left of the page, as seen in the attached image.

There is also the option to do it via tapatalk, for those who only use the mobile app, see attached image,

Thanks in advance.

Untitledsupt.jpg

179060334_10158667387644724_6079960976913707877_n.jpg

• Like 11

I know how hard this has been to post up mate.
And I know how you have tried everything to not have to do it..

But what I mostly know is there are a lot of people on this forum that would love to support it and keep it going.

This forum bring us all so much that money just couldn't buy.

• Like 8

Yeah agree with what Geoffyboy has said,we know behind the scenes how much you have put in to keeping the forum running and unfortunately these times support/sponsors are hard to find.s few bucks here and there shouldn’t be to much to ask as maintenance on the forum keeps it ticking along so we can all meet up and do what we love doing ! 

• Like 4

If I was objective about this, a forum needs members, moderators (with generous time commitments), a platform, leadership and money.

Currently there are many great people doing extraordinary things on in all areas of supporting and managing the forum.

I don’t mind the idea of asking for financial support but I would like to see where my support money actually goes. How big is the ask and what will it be spent on? What are the detailed planned annual receipts/payments of the forum?

This would better help me (and perhaps others) decide if and how much to contribute.

25 minutes ago, Rat Finke said:

If I was objective about this, a forum needs members, moderators (with generous time commitments), a platform, leadership and money.

Currently there are many great people doing extraordinary things on in all areas of supporting and managing the forum.

I don’t mind the idea of asking for financial support but I would like to see where my support money actually goes. How big is the ask and what will it be spent on? What are the detailed planned annual receipts/payments of the forum?

This would better help me (and perhaps others) decide if and how much to contribute.

All support raised via the forum, goes into an account as such, and stays there.  As bills come up, said account gets dipped into to keep things ticking along.

I don't feel comfortable sitting here listing "detailed annual receipts/payments etc, and i won't be. And as for the tech side of it, it can change dramatically from month to month..

At the end of the day, those that choose to throw support behind the forum will, and it will be met with much gratitude,  and those who choose not to, well that is there choice and that is cool.

A massive shout out to the half a dozen people that have supported, it is whole heartedly appreciated.

In regards to the above post before mine, all funds that have come in via support from forum members will go back into the forum 100%, and that could be anything from host/server fees, tech support,fees for paid forum apps, bbq's etc etc etc..

The above post almost makes me sound/look like i am trying to cash in,  but hey, your an accountant, so ya sorta had to hey.  Just glad that others have faith in me.

• Like 2

I made neither an express or implied reference to ‘cashing in’ so not sure how this conclusion was drawn from my constructive and positive suggestion to keeping the forum operational and funded?

• Like 1

Just the time and effort the admin group puts into the forum and all the behind the scenes work alone without even looking into the actual costings of running the forum in my opinion is worth a small donation to help keep things afloat. Happy to chuck a couple dollars your direction to help support the forum and the hard work that you all put into it. Over the years the amount of awsome times and mates this forum has given me it's honestly the least I could do! There is a few bike clubs and the like that charge an annual fee and also a joining fee to help keep things afloat and people don't even give it a second thought. I wouldn't feel the slightest bit guilty for asking for a hand with a small donation especially being that your only doing it now after so many years because your sponsors have dropped off as you admit and explain. I don't see you really even owe an explanation to be honest as I would think most would just be happy to donate just for the hell of it for all the effort you blokes put in to the forum. But as you said, no hard feelings or big deal if you don't wanna donate so good on you Fro for just putting it out there and each to their own

Just my .5 of a cents worth anyway...

Cheers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

How would it go if you had a $5 subscription fee anually? Would that run things? $7, $9 ......?

Look for free but subscribe to write and be involved....? 

How much is required annually? This is an important question that would help us know the mark that is being aimed for. Hard to give to an unknown goal.

There are a lot of members here so a little from a lot of people would surely be better than a bit from a few!

• Like 5
How would it go if you had a $5 subscription fee anually? Would that run things? $7, $9 ......?
Look for free but subscribe to write and be involved....? 
How much is required annually? This is an important question that would help us know the mark that is being aimed for. Hard to give to an unknown goal.
There are a lot of members here so a little from a lot of people would surely be better than a bit from a few!
Hey mate, long time no see.

It has been discussed in depth amongst the mods and admins, it would be simply too hard to do the membership thing..

I had the same opinion as you, a lot of small amounts instead of a few big ones...
But, sadly, at this point in time, we will just be happy to receive any support.

As for annual figures, apart from hosting/server fees, it varies a lot! As mentioned in an above post, it can change from month to month..

Lets not look at this with blinkers on, the support tab is only a short term band aid solution.. It will get a certain amount of support, and then it will come to a halt when the thread dies off... So therefore the funds sitting there will get used until they dry up.

Hope this makes sense.
  • Like 1

I can't even begin to imagine how much time and your own money you have put into DirtriderZ to make it what it is over the past 10+ years, plus the admins/mods time too.

I'm happy to donate as this forum is well worth it and can appreciate where you are coming from with sponsor situation etc.

Cheers

• Like 2

Would just like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you that have supported over the past few days!!

I did not expect the support tab to be as positive as it has been.

Very humbled and grateful.   Talk about quality members.

Have a good weekend all  👍  🤙

• Like 4