I'm sure this has been asked before.  What is the best trail riding app (happy to buy) for my smartphone.  Simply for tracking rides etc. I do have a Garmin however it has a small screen and it's a little clunky to use.  I have seen a few of the lads on Dirtriderz rides using their phones for tracking/leading rides. Had heard motionX is popular however is no longer available.

Cheers

Jazza

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bikerbiker said:

Used motionx for a long time. Yes is no longer available. I’m switching to Gaia gps. Seems to do the basic tracking I need. 

Thanks mate 

Some use locus map. You can run it offline and out of cell range. It's free to use and you can pay for extras if you need them. You can use it without any purchases so you can try it out on a few rides.

• Like 1

Hema Explorer for me

Screenshot_20210421-214007_Hema Explorer.jpg

EDIT: just checked the app store, seems like the original version has changed , not %100 sure if " hema 4x4 Explorer" is the same. 

12 hours ago, BearMX said:

Some use locus map. You can run it offline and out of cell range. It's free to use and you can pay for extras if you need them. You can use it without any purchases so you can try it out on a few rides.

Cheers mate

11 hours ago, mick said:

Hema Explorer for me

Screenshot_20210421-214007_Hema Explorer.jpg

EDIT: just checked the app store, seems like the original version has changed , not %100 sure if " hema 4x4 Explorer" is the same. 

Thanks Mick 👍🏼

• Like 1

I just downloaded MoreToExplore today. Haven't used it in the field but will do this Saturday.
It's Victoria Forest Fire Management app. Shows you trail bike unloading areas. Can save offline maps.
Sounds promising.

image1.png

• Like 1

I use Alpine quest.  I trialled it for a while then bought it, at the time was less than $10.00.  Is fairly basic, and on the purchased one you can plan routes prior to going out.  Can be used offline but have to have downloaded the map of the area you are going to (only need to do it once).  You can also save routes.

A mate has the Vic emergency maps - is only available for iPhone / iPads, and only covers Victoria.  It is probably the best maps I have come across.  i have not used it so do not know all of its functions, and from memory around $50.00.  From memory when i looked into it there were No free / trial version.