Anyone got a new YZ250FX

rode a mates one few weeks back ,,  really sweet bike ,,light agile ,,  feels way better than anything orange at speed ,, maybe not  1st gear stuff though 

piss fart tiny battery which results in starting difficulty's is it's main downfall

• Like 2

I have to agree with Hummdinger - definitely a great bike for faster flowing tracks-not a ideal bike for the slow techy stuff. If your looking for a second bike for the more open tracks I’d say go for it Habs. It will be the perfect bike for your Bendigo loop.

They are a cross-country bike = that’s why there so good at going fast.

• Like 2

Habs
Ive got 2020 yz250fx
I love it ??
I got the suspension tuned by SPMX which transformed the bike?
It’s so planted and the Kyb suspension is speed is perfect.
I’ve ridden KTM’s for years and fancied a change.
The Yamaha is a true all rounder and is a great 4 stroke weapon

• Like 1

Had a 2016 250FX  as a 2nd bike.  With a Yamaha supplied lighting kit and rec reg. was about 11k new.  Best bang for your buck at the time. Agree with Gypsy - not ideal in slow technical trails (like any 4T) but great in more open trails.  KYB suspension was top notch.  It’s basically a YZ MXer but with 6 speed WR gearing, 18 inch rear wheel, slightly detuned MX engine and e start.  Mine was very reliable.  Weaknesses on big long hills where you would soon be down to 1st gear and sand/desert where lack of top end keeps you from floating on top of the sand at speed.  Position of air cleaner is a great design.  Fit and finish is a match for any of the orange/white bikes.

• Like 3

Had a go on the 2020 wrf 250 and yz250fx and yz imo it does slow and hi pace stuff the down fall is that it take alot more energy out of you and more effort to turn but when on the gas it really good if it was me i go wr because of full reg but if i was going or rec reg i go yzf 450 with rekluse over fx as the fx are good but found i like the yz over fx  .im look at the new wrf 450 21 at the moment as there update from the 20 wrf450 but waiting on a test day before i buy as me and my brother both where ride wrf 250 and 450 last year and found that we were the same speed and doing the same track we nomral do in the bush but where totally weak after the ride but found on the mx or club track that we prefer them and would recommend to anyone who doing lv1. To lv3 ride as it to much  bike for lv 4 where your climbing up mountain doing 180 pivots turns. For some reason i find i have more fun on rides playing around with wheelie and trying to power slide corner with the wrf as i injoy easy to hard rides where on ktm i found that unless it was a harder ride i wouldnt be happy. 

• Like 3