Air flaps and Scott splits

cmarico

Looking at grabbing some Scott split otg and air flaps to go with them.

Has anyone tried either or both together?

Hoping they'll work together and stop glasses and mask from fogging up. Not sure if the airflaps work with normal goggles only or work with otg's as well - worried it might push the goggles too far out?

Can't offer any advice on those - but will now be looking them up as my reliance on glasses has skyrocketed during the last 6 months.
It has gone from having the for the best part of two years and barely using them at all ( basically only if I was needing to do lots of writing) to needing to wear them for pretty much everything. The only times I find I don't really need them are when out walking and when driving - but don't think that's too far away either sadly

So will be watching this thread with interest as I suspect it will be an issue I'll face soon enough!

Have you seen or tried the goggleman inserts?

Have airflaps but never used OTG's...better off with contacts in my opinion but you want to keep you goggles on in dusty conditions as well as some eye drops if you get dry eyes or get goggleman/prescription inserts for your goggles.

As for airflaps:

Pros:
Works with any goggle.
Excellent for anti fog as you can lift one side to let air in.
3M Adhesive is very strong and won't come off.
Can release both sides and take helmet and goggles off together.

Cons:
When is pushing hard and wanting airflow, you still need to take them off unlike the Roko Quikstraps.
Depending on how you mount the airlflap levers, they can catch the odd branch enough so to open them.

Overall, l rate he airflaps for the convenience of lifting a lever to allow air in, both levers to allow air in or shut for a good seal.

12 hours ago, ohmygewd said:

Have airflaps but never used OTG's...better off with contacts in my opinion but you want to keep you goggles on in dusty conditions as well as some eye drops if you get dry eyes or get goggleman/prescription inserts for your goggles.

As for airflaps:

Pros:
Works with any goggle.
Excellent for anti fog as you can lift one side to let air in.
3M Adhesive is very strong and won't come off.
Can release both sides and take helmet and goggles off together.

Cons:
When is pushing hard and wanting airflow, you still need to take them off unlike the Roko Quikstraps.
Depending on how you mount the airlflap levers, they can catch the odd branch enough so to open them.

Overall, l rate he airflaps for the convenience of lifting a lever to allow air in, both levers to allow air in or shut for a good seal.

Wonder if you could run quick straps with air flaps? Best of both worlds?

9 hours ago, cmarico said:

Wonder if you could run quick straps with air flaps? Best of both worlds?

Don't think so mate, when you push the airflap lever forward, it sandwiches the strap creating a loose tension. If you could mount one the airflap on one side you could work, but l reckon the velcro side of the quickstrap may not hold/seal properly.

Give it a shot and report back👍

50 minutes ago, ohmygewd said:

Don't think so mate, when you push the airflap lever forward, it sandwiches the strap creating a loose tension. If you could mount one the airflap on one side you could work, but l reckon the velcro side of the quickstrap may not hold/seal properly.

Give it a shot and report back👍

I reckon you're right 

I ordered the Scott otg enduro goggles and the quick straps. I'll see how that conbo goes and go from there

• Like 2