2021 Beta/Sherco

For those like me who are wary of TPI and have abandoned KTM/Husqy 2T’s for the time being - this is the thread to explore the new offerings from Beta and Sherco.  Post away, include reviews, dealer experience and availability, best deals, mods, ride days......TPI fanboys nothing to see here - move on..

I am on my 1st Beta (2020 300 RE) and at only 130 hrs due to lockdown - love it.   Want to hear more about Sherco.  

• Like 10
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hey gents.  Still need to put it through its paces...maybe this will give a bit of a 1st impression perspective .  

I recently jumped ship from a '17 Husky 300 to a '21 Sherco 300 Racing.  I was set on getting a TPI, but things just didn't pan out.  Initial thoughts below: Low end grunt on the new bike is wh

Carby bikes will always be on the trails and keep alive and reliable by real Dirt Bike Enthusiasts.... ...You dont have to have a brand new bike to enjoy yourself🙂🤙

Posted Images

Just for clarity, Fanboy.

"Known for a compete lack of objectivity in relation to their preferred focus. Usually argue with circular logic that they refuse to acknowledge.

Arguments or debates with such are usually futile. Every flaw is spun into semi-virtues and everything else, blown to comedic, complimentary proportions"

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, J-man said:

Just for clarity, Fanboy.

"Known for a compete lack of objectivity in relation to their preferred focus. Usually argue with circular logic that they refuse to acknowledge.

Arguments or debates with such are usually futile. Every flaw is spun into semi-virtues and everything else, blown to comedic, complimentary proportions"

Spot on Jman.👍

like the BETA colours.....but which to get.... id probably go now the lower cc 4T models from a 426 then still a TE450 Italian Husky which i still love but the power still freeks me out in the tight stuff.  on the open wow the 450's are fun..... 

I recently jumped ship from a '17 Husky 300 to a '21 Sherco 300 Racing.  I was set on getting a TPI, but things just didn't pan out.  Initial thoughts below:

• Low end grunt on the new bike is what I've been searching for for a long time.  Love it.  Tractors up things.
  • Working on and tuning the Keihin 36mm carb is a delight.  I'm no mechanic, but this is easy stuff  Just installed a NECW needle 3rd clip, 40pj, 170mj, 1.5turns.  Runs smoother than the factory needle that was in there.  Need a proper test, but my lower back is killing me since the maiden voyage on Monday.
  • The WP suspension on the Racing model is more than adequate for me and makes sense.  Especially if you need to spend money on heavier springs/valving etc.. 
  • Gear oil change is not as simple as the Husky/KTM.  There are 2 bolts that need removal and both are tricky to get to (behind brake and shifter pedal).  
  • Components of the bike feel nice.  Doesn't feel cheap.  Somewhat quirkier than the KTM/Husky, but it's to be expected from a French manufacturer.
  • Much more to come when my back has healed and I'm out a few days a week!

• Like 13
2 minutes ago, cluffie said:

Macca, How do you find the wp valving on the fork and on the shock and how does the bike track over rough ground/multiple bumps at pace?

I've got Trac-Rite's Cove valve in the fork. In fact it's the same set up as my previous bike. I rarely get over about 50km/h and I always feel in control.  Bike glides pretty nicely. 

My understanding is that the KYB would far outshine the WP when it comes to higher speed situations over multiple bumps/rough ground. But for me the WP is sufficient. 

• Like 2
I've got Trac-Rite's Cove valve in the fork. In fact it's the same set up as my previous bike. I rarely get over about 50km/h and I always feel in control.  Bike glides pretty nicely. 
My understanding is that the KYB would far outshine the WP when it comes to higher speed situations over multiple bumps/rough ground. But for me the WP is sufficient. 
Cheers,I'm more interested in the stock valving not really revalved settings. Fyi, i've heard the stock valving and settings are very good on the wp shercos.
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, cluffie said:
9 minutes ago, maccastrewth said:

Cheers,I'm more interested in the stock valving not really revalved settings. Fyi, i've heard the stock valving and settings are very good on the wp shercos.

Ahh fair enough. I can't really comment on that then. 

• Like 1

Beta Australia 2021 range and pricing.  The 2T’s are all pretty much pre ordered and not sitting in showrooms so get in quick if you want one.  My nearest dealer is Raceline at Ballarat - good competent reliable dealer, great with spares and warranty issues (Speedo cable).  

https://www.dirtaction.com.au/2021-beta-range-released/

• Like 1

Hoff,they are better suited to hard enduro type riding that is getting more and more popular now. Less things to let you down,simplicity has it's benefits. I'm not that keen on doing much extreme hard enduro so the tpi can work for me.The sherco would be my pick,very nice and i wouldn't mind trying out a 250 sherco to compare.I've owned a beta so not on my list.

Thanks for that looking good, next up the new Beta!! More options the better. I think we're going to see many more Sherco's on the trail! 
  • Like 5

Thanks Cluffie, you will be seeing me on the old 2018 Husky tx 300 probably until I stop riding, the wifie has a good right hook and I will obey!! If I was looking I'd probably go with the Kato, but it's great to see more bikes out there!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You and me will probably retire about the same time. Once my kids can beat me everywhere i'll be close i think.I've still got them well covered in the harder stuff but not in the faster flowing stuff,lol.

Thanks Cluffie, you will be seeing me on the old 2018 Husky tx 300 probably until I stop riding, the wifie has a good right hook and I will obey!! If I was looking I'd probably go with the Kato, but it's great to see more bikes out there!
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Like the vid @BenG "you can take the 150" LOL

@buzz44 suits you mate, will be seeing more blue bikes out there I think.

C'mon @Bubalu you know you want one.

Loving my 300SEF,-R just does what I want it to do. @cluffie, Mines not a 2T but I ran stock WP for about 60 hrs before getting the cone valve mod. TBH when stock it took a bit of work mucking around with clickers to get an ok feel and never felt perfect, just a reasonable compromise. After the mod it seems easier to get it nicer but still think it's not a plush as some of the kato's I've ridden.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Guess you have a year or two to enjoy the carby 2 strokes before both Beta and Sherco have to release injected 2 bangers?

Be interesting if they go KTM style TPI or have the injector after the reeds ala GET system....even Yamaha would have to go injected soon if they want to sell the bike in Europe or Oz even.

• Like 2
Hoff,they are better suited to hard enduro type riding that is getting more and more popular now. Less things to let you down,simplicity has it's benefits. I'm not that keen on doing much extreme hard enduro so the tpi can work for me.The sherco would be my pick,very nice and i wouldn't mind trying out a 250 sherco to compare.I've owned a beta so not on my list.

Simplicity-that’s after you learn how to speak and tried and understand that wired language called ( Jetting )

• Like 1