Gday all

cmarico

Gday everyone. Chris here and getting back into riding after a break to have kids etc.

Last bike was a 93 KDX200. That bike copped it and kept coming back for more, year after year, without me ever doing a top end. One day I decided to do some maintenance, stuffed it, and she sent chunks out the exhaust. That was the end of that.

Got into roadbikes for a bit. Got out of roadbikes. 

But the dirt bug never left me. Just picked up an 08 exc-e300. Under 100hours, TSP head, fresh top end, tubeliss and a few other bits and bobs.

Living in Coronaville, means the best she's gotten was a putt putt around the block. Can't wait to get out of iso and see how it goes.

• Like 9

welcome mate, have you got rec reg, if not i suggest you get it.

we all ride with rec reg so if you want to have a play around neerim or noojee when we are allowed to play you are more than welcome

also there is a blackdog ride planned in the organise a ride section, heaps of different levels...will be a top weekend for a worthy cause....you got enough brownie points with the boss for a weekend away?

Hey splints

Yep rec reg is all sorted, though I need to sort an issue with the lights which is frustrating as I can only troubleshoot with the motor running and the neighbours tend not to care for it too much 😁

Brownie points shouldn't be a problem, she's practically pushing me out the door. Think she can tell I'm itching to get out of the house haha

3 hours ago, splints said:

lights dont matter too much mate...as long as you got the plate....and you arent horribly lost... lol....a;ll good...see you on a ride soon

That would be police discretions ,my mate had a motocross bike at Neerim and the copper on the bike gave him a warning and said If he sees him again without one he was going to fine him.said it was a safety issue in case of break downs at the end of the day and a requirement of your registration.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ktm shane said:

That would be police discretions ,my mate had a motocross bike at Neerim and the copper on the bike gave him a warning and said If he sees him again without one he was going to fine him.said it was a safety issue in case of break downs at the end of the day and a requirement of your registration.

Yeah, if you break down its handy to use the bike as a torch to walk back to the car with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Your mate definitely got lucky that day Shane, if you get court with no lights or number plate fitted to your bike over this side of town you will be receiving a fine.
  • Like 1

I remember being checked @ Larby a few years ago, young bloke had a Honda CR 125 with racing number plate on, he had drilled a hole mounted a small halogen light on it, which i'm pretty sure didn'y work. Cop didn't bat an eyelid & said have a good ride fellas ;)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ktm shane said:

agreed shane...OP has rec reg so by definition he has a light on the bike....well its an exc ...so has all the bits...my point being that most ride during the day so provided there is a light attached with rec rego...all good it doesnt have to work unless the boys in blue are very by the book....your mate had a motocrosser...first error if it doesnt have a plate... i have 2 motorcrossers for my kids...they both have rec reg...we have been pulled over at neerim... the sx250 didnt have a light or rear brake light FFS...all the boys care about is the plate on the back...that covers their freckle VICROADS wise..ohhh and pass their attitude test....don't be a smart arse