Robbie G

First bike owner looking to get some hours up

Hi guys,

I’ve bought a wr250f and keen to Clock up some seat time. I’m located in Croydon sth Vic, so out around the eastern suburbs. Hit me up if your happy to have me tag along 🤙🏽

Cheers guys 

F04F0D02-117B-43D8-8557-B4A50FA6B6EC.jpeg

• Like 4

hi mate...welcome you will enjoy it here there are heaps of rides to go on you just need to find where you sit...

have you ridden before (at all) rob?

• Thanks 1

On 7/20/2020 at 7:27 PM, splints said:

hi mate...welcome you will enjoy it here there are heaps of rides to go on you just need to find where you sit...

have you ridden before (at all) rob?

Thanks mate, 

No I’ve only ever ridden twice since purchasing the bike a couple of months ago. In saying that The trails  were probably a bit much for a nubie on bike without any experience lol. But I enjoyed it none the less. I Guess riding with such experienced guys was a bit intimidating as well. 

Also no elec start on an already steep/deep rutted tight trail just added to an already tough trail lol. 

Thanks mate, 
No I’ve only ever ridden twice since purchasing the bike a couple of months ago. In saying that The trails  were probably a bit much for a nubie on bike without any experience lol. But I enjoyed it none the less. I Guess riding with such experienced guys was a bit intimidating as well. 
Also no elec start on an already steep/deep rutted tight trail just added to an already tough trail lol. 

Get that button start sorted out soon mate... For a beginner, it could be the difference between having a great time on a ride, or wanting to burn your bike...!

If you’re confident, I suggest heading out to somewhere like Narbethong, you can park beside Project Rd, and all around that immediate area is flat to moderate trails to explore. Bear in mind, the whole area is red clay, and extremely slippery when wet, but you’ll learn some good bike control in the process.

1d9d0c224a6b11b4d87d973412776271.jpg
  • Like 4

does it have the electric leg on it and doesn't work or no elec start?

muroch is 195% right....if you are learning and want to improve you will want to challenge yourself.... let us all tell you... trying to kickstart on a hill you are trying to get up...(ignore steepness...go ride level..it all relative)... is a bloody nightmare... if you are doing it the bike has been probably dropped ...picked up.. re-positioned....then trying kickstart off or on camber....you will be absolutely shagged ....maybe not the first time...but by the 2-3-4-5 you will.... so the enjoyment factor is diminished....

if you are happy to just do level 1 fire trails then a kickstart only should do the trick..

.....its only M2C....lots more know more that me Rob

Cheers guys all relevant and helpful tips. Hopefully get out as much as I can. Our current covid situation doesn’t help unfortunately.

Ps bike is booked in to get the button sorted! All shops are hectic busy! Minimum 2 week wait. All good it is what it is 😀

• Like 1