TRAILZ

Britto's Silk Road - Bendigo

One of the advantages of the Silk Road is that it connected the world it stretched from China through India , Asia Minor, up throughout Mesopotamia to Egypt, the African continent, Greece, Rome and Britian and much like Marco Polo of this era - Britto was able to link tracks from all over the ancient Bendigo forest for one amazingly! fast flowing! loop covering approximately 101 klms.

Excited about this loop - yup big time! Was sooo thankful when this one was re-scheduled and able to get on it like most that have will testify. It was 2 years ago since I last rode this loop with Britto and my pace at the time was relatively slow, so I was keen to open up the throttle after a few klms under the pegs leading up to this ride. Arriving with @ohmygewd at about 8am it was great catching up with riders that I haven't ridden with in ages and the excitement of riding with em building...

Quick brief by Britto and Egg and we were off to hit the Silk Road of Bendigo.

GOPR3415.JPG

GOPR3416.JPG

GOPR3414.JPG

GOPR3418.JPG

GOPR3419.JPG

• Like 19

The most dangerous section of the Silk Roads was the Gansu Corridor - it was incredibly dangerous faced with white-hot sand dunes in the desert, forbidding mountains, brutal winds, and poisonous snakes. There was one nice section called the Gansu Corridor, a relatively fertile strip that ran along the base of one of the mountains. Much like the traders along the Silk Road @Britto lead us up to a relatively rocky flowing track that climbed up to a lookout...

GOPR3425.JPG

GOPR3426.JPG

GOPR3427.JPG

GOPR3428.JPG

GOPR3429.JPG

GOPR3430.JPG

GOPR3431.JPG

GOPR3432.JPG

GOPR3433.JPG

GOPR3434.JPG

• Like 13

Flowing freely along Britto's Silk Road we continued with a few lil challenges thrown in the mix that he's added since last I rode there... a rocky climb to a rocky ledge with a rocky decline hahahaha Great fun!

GOPR3438.JPG

GOPR3439.JPG

GOPR3440.JPG

GOPR3441.JPG

GOPR3442.JPG

GOPR3443.JPG

GOPR3444.JPG

• Like 7

A few of the gun riders showed us how to easily climb up a steep rocky ledge...

It was probably one of em that roosted me as they whipped past and splashed water on my GoPro... hahaha so suffer in ya jox if I couldn't get a good clear shot of ya here... hahaha :capellone-01:

GOPR3450.JPG

GOPR3451.JPG

GOPR3452.JPG

GOPR3453.JPG

GOPR3454.JPG

• Like 9

Big Thanks to @Britto for hosting the Bendigo Silk Road day out on the pegs, @egg cr500 for sweeping :adulazione-01:

And of course @Gypsy501 for a ride on the Silky Smooth and Responsive 2020 KTM 300 TPI - the bike felt amazing in between the legs and on the throttle so smooth and responsive with a plush feel to everything it hit and @stinky for the ride on his Beta 300 RR what an absolute beast that bike is - it just wants to go...

@harrydaggers for giving me heaps while trying to get down from a lil climb after getting stuck hahaha it probably woulda taken me 20 minutes if you weren't bagging me hahaha instead it took me only 10 minutes 

Some videos of the Mongols Silk Road to come...

• Like 9

Thanks to Britto and Egg cr500 for putting such a fast flowing riding with some fun technical tracks thrown in.

Pace was fairly quick with two groups very well spaced and only meeting back up at the car spots for a quick bite and fuel before heading out with 1 group at a time.

Only did the first half as l quickly found out that riding slow techy tracks for the last few years plus a softside wall front tyre left me with very little confidence in the front end as you really needed that confidence to stick the tyre into the corner and rail the corner berms at a very brisk speed while trying to keep with, or at least in eye distance, of the likes like Bear, Gypsy etc who was relishing the fast flowing nature of the tracks...even tried to keep with Motochick but once she found her groove...cya ohmygewd i'm outta here😂. Was also fun watching Splints clearing the waterholes for me or playing with Bad Badger and Crusty350 in some of the high speed cornering..it was a blast of a ride.

Great meeting new faces and old from the forum and again, excellent and highly recommended ride put on by Britto....till next time...and a starcross soft tyre🙄

• Like 15

1 hour ago, TRAILZ said:

On the pegs of @Gypsy501 ktm 2020 300 TPI... aaaawww how good does it feel!

@matrix7 sorry mate almost took you out there hhmm

Trailz at his best 2.40 I feel movement !!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Thanks to Britto and Egg for the ride. Had a awesome day with all the guys. I hope Harry’s bike is ok after a unspoken incident with bad badger.

Thanks to Stinky and Gypsy for the run home on the tight trail for about 15 klms. I was stuffed at the end.

cheers to all riders a great day with good fellas.

Rossco.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rossco C said:

Thanks to Britto and Egg for the ride. Had a awesome day with all the guys. I hope Harry’s bike is ok after a unspoken incident with bad badger.

Thanks to Stinky and Gypsy for the run home on the tight trail for about 15 klms. I was stuffed at the end.

cheers to all riders a great day with good fellas.

Rossco.

• Like 1

Yes that last section was awesome until that little tree jumped out in front of me no damaged so got straight back into it.Thanks britto and egg for a fantastic day also for the higher level riders for getting on board it lifts the pace also a chance to check out the gun riders.All riders rode awesome and it was a great benefit to everyone.Had a couple of stacks one into a tight left hand turn and the other poor line choice and lack of skills saw me snapping a tree in half as i rolled down the hill.After rolling down the hill for another crack i heard Harry Daggers laughing his arse off.By the way hats off bro great hill climb up that rocky hill.Last of all thanks gypsy for trying all day to stay with the beta 300 now i know why you hate them so much.

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

What a great day on the bikes!

It was good to have a mix of people made up in the groups.. it worked well together

I enjoyed getting on it a bit.. the conditions were prime on lap 1 and for once I felt like I could still give lap 2 a good crack as well.. usually I fatigue out hard in lap 2 so endurance was good

Lap 2 had a bit of dust if you were up behind close.

@Bad Badger takes out the downage of the day.. from just a good section I felt in sync behind & was following him along a ridge, until suddenly as we approached the cornermen I saw that bike down in a very odd spot and he jumped up like a superstar!

The new play sections were great fun and it was great to watch a bit of action.

Thanks to the leads and sweeps of the day.643dca4e25ec0d7e9859d34b167807fc.jpg27295a5c05392a8b21d06c952a0e9701.jpg995a6302ed701e5d28057d62d11f05fa.jpg

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ohmygewd said:

Thanks to Britto and Egg cr500 for putting such a fast flowing riding with some fun technical tracks thrown in.

Pace was fairly quick with two groups very well spaced and only meeting back up at the car spots for a quick bite and fuel before heading out with 1 group at a time.

Only did the first half as l quickly found out that riding slow techy tracks for the last few years plus a softside wall front tyre left me with very little confidence in the front end as you really needed that confidence to stick the tyre into the corner and rail the corner berms at a very brisk speed while trying to keep with, or at least in eye distance, of the likes like Bear, Gypsy etc who was relishing the fast flowing nature of the tracks...even tried to keep with Motochick but once she found her groove...cya ohmygewd i'm outta here😂. Was also fun watching Splints clearing the waterholes for me or playing with Bad Badger and Crusty350 in some of the high speed cornering..it was a blast of a ride.

Great meeting new faces and old from the forum and again, excellent and highly recommended ride put on by Britto....till next time...and a starcross soft tyre🙄

mate the second loop was more up your alley....i was getting tired but i reckon it had a lot more technical stuff....there were a few climbs/tight stuff you would have loved....yep thanks to britto and egg....i was feeling the pinch after brittos "level 2" adventure bit on the second loop....but once back on the flat stuff I hit a purple patch with harryd behind me....i am sure he could of passsed me...but thanks for the encouraging words mate...thanks Gypsy for a scoot on the tpi...wow....thanks trailz for locking up at the tree...and causing a nose to tail... bear, me, gypsy and crusty I think......lol...great to see blokes I know and meet now blokes i didnt...great day..but I am stiff as buggery now....all part of the adventure.....thanks to Brian for letting me stay on a nearby property.....another adventure in itself....

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

Was and absolutely brilliant day - frikken rippa!

Thanks for knocking this one together for us Britto (and of course Egg....for sweeping, and taking care of the blokes at the back).

Mr Daggerz - again, so so sorry brother - that’s what I get for showing off mate (my hip, and left arse cheek are blue mate)!

Had a super-cool time racing around - and trying to keep up where I could (super fast riders out there on Sat - I felt super SUPER slow at times).

Has a rip with all of ya - and looking forward to round two (hopefully sooner than later).

Take care guys - until next time,

• Like 15

Thanks for the day britts and egg was a super day of riding loved it . All did really well out there and a big good going to Dominic who stayed at it all day and he never complained about anything well done fella . Badbager a little less throttle required to dig holes lol and maybe launch control fitted to your bike next time ha ha  . My bike had a bit of cosmetic work half way through loop two with a big crunch into a tree stoping me in my tracks but all fixable thanks again everyone and see you out there somewhere sometime cheers . Ps sorry for all the banter trails ha ha 

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, harrydaggers said:

Ps sorry for all the banter trails ha ha 

Haha ya had me cracking up in stitches in my helmet

• Like 4

Haha ya had me cracking up in stitches in my helmet

Took so long mate before you worked out dirtbikes don’t have reverse
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

TBadbager a little less throttle required to dig holes lol and maybe launch control fitted to your bike next time ha ha  . My bike had a bit of cosmetic work half way through loop two with a big crunch into a tree stoping me in my tracks but all fixable thanks again everyone and see you out there somewhere sometime

Oh I can't forget the headlight incident either! Saw you a bit caught up in the trees and the damage after at a cornerman stop with Badger!

Your poor bike copped a day.

• Like 4

Thank you to Britto and Egg for orchestrating this whole event. I relished every minute of the ride and at times it really tested my mental fortitude and resilience which was great. My leg is sore but it’s not enduro riding if you don’t come away with some battle scars, thank you also to everyone who was able to assist myself and others when it was needed, I will be forever great full 👍👌🙏

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1