Bassman

New Bike, Tax Write Off??

Hey Guyz,

Does anyone know if you can purchase a new dirt bike and claim as a work vehicle?? I guess with Full Reg.. as part of the current Asset Write Off Scheme.

6 minutes ago, Laaland said:

Are you a politician....

If I was, I wouldn't be asking, Id already have done it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Depends on the business you run and/or your tolerance to anxiety about getting audited. If your business is farm related (or something that requires motorbikes), then you're getting closer to being legitimate. If you ran a legit motorbike tours business etc, then sure, it's a valid expense. 

(Dont take my word for it though - you're better off asking your Accountant!)

• Like 1

I’m in construction and bought myself a ‘quoting vehicle’ to get out and inspect jobs. Full reg. Bikes are much faster in traffic. At least that’s my reasoning if anyone asks.
I reckon it’s better to tell your accountant after you’ve done it then they can deal with it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, LucasB said:

I’m in construction and bought myself a ‘quoting vehicle’ emoji6.png to get out and inspect jobs. Full reg. Bikes are much faster in traffic. At least that’s my reasoning if anyone asks.
I reckon it’s better to tell your accountant after you’ve done it then they can deal with it.

Exactly what I need, a quoting vehicle!! 😆 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bassman said:

Exactly what I need, a quoting vehicle!! 😆 

I recon that's pushing the envelope a bit too far, i know a mate who was a surveyor claimed his because he used it for work.

You would have to buy a WR 450, and that your a Farmer, and it's  for  checking all the Fences👌

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Bassman said:

Hey Guyz,

Does anyone know if you can purchase a new dirt bike and claim as a work vehicle?? I guess with Full Reg.. as part of the current Asset Write Off Scheme.

Yes you can..... all you have to do is tow a trailer with all your tools. If it is just to get you to a place of work then, no you can't.

being a farmer ,, no problems ,,  I round up the cows on a husky 300 quite often.

just got to remember when you sell the said piece of equipment the govment will want the 10% gst portion back again

• Like 2

There is a nice quote/promo vehicle and used for getting around the yard and taking potential customers on rides in this video clip.

I can't honestly remember what has happened with this bike though, I've had a change of accountants and not sure what ended up happening...

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 6:32 PM, Hummdinger said:

being a farmer ,, no problems ,,  I round up the cows on a husky 300 quite often.

just got to remember when you sell the said piece of equipment the govment will want the 10% gst portion back again

My 501 is a great Ag bike. And if the cost of the bike is totally written off you may have a tax bill on the “profit “ when you sell it.