Scottland

Cone valve forks

Anyone running them, or has anyone ever run them??

After having a trax shock fitted to my old 350 .... I’m convinced good suspension is worth the $$$$ ....

• Like 3

I had Tracrite set up my 2020 Ktm 300 and he put his cone valves in the forks as well as his bladder kit shock mod in the rear. Also heavier springs to suit.
I’m very happy with it, but I never rode the bike in stock form so I don’t know what I’m comparing to. I’m also just a weekend worrier that doesn’t push it to its potential.
Not sure what year your bike is but this set up is what he was doing on the 17 and on Xplor forks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LucasB said:

I had Tracrite set up my 2020 Ktm 300 and he put his cone valves in the forks as well as his bladder kit shock mod in the rear. Also heavier springs to suit.
I’m very happy with it, but I never rode the bike in stock form so I don’t know what I’m comparing to. I’m also just a weekend worrier that doesn’t push it to its potential.
Not sure what year your bike is but this set up is what he was doing on the 17 and on Xplor forks.

Thanks mate.

looking at a 2021.

have always had the standard forks valved and spring for my weight by choice suspension. Last bike had trax shock.

Gilesy has always done a great job, but I was thinking of going the next step, which is a little crazy considering I’m also a weekend warrior but, amazing suspension adds a new exciting element.

• Like 1

Thanks mate.
looking at a 2021.
have always had the standard forks valved and spring for my weight by choice suspension. Last bike had trax shock.
Gilesy has always done a great job, but I was thinking of going the next step, which is a little crazy considering I’m also a weekend warrior but, amazing suspension adds a new exciting element.

Yeh I agree it’s money well spent. I originally went in just for heavier springs and a revalve, and Darren said the biggest gain would be from the cone valves, and it wasn’t a huge amount more to do so. From memory the whole set up was just over $900 front and rear.
  • Like 3

Yeh I agree it’s money well spent. I originally went in just for heavier springs and a revalve, and Darren said the biggest gain would be from the cone valves, and it wasn’t a huge amount more to do so. From memory the whole set up was just over $900 front and rear.

That’s a fantastic price for everything you got done.
It’s awesome we have a real good suspension pro as a forum member/sponsor that offers discounts.

Well done Darren
  • Like 3

Lucas just to clarify did tracrite just install his "cone valve" style pistons to your forks or you got a complete set of them for that price

24 minutes ago, Brucie.T said:

Lucas just to clarify did tracrite just install his "cone valve" style pistons to your forks or you got a complete set of them for that price emoji2962.png

Surely you’ve run some pretty top suspension over the years mate???

Any thoughts?

Lucas just to clarify did tracrite just install his "cone valve" style pistons to your forks or you got a complete set of them for that price

Yes, just the valve inserts.

Surely you’ve run some pretty top suspension over the years mate???
Any thoughts?
Haven't had a set of cone valves mate but love my old wp twin chambers, they've come with me for 3 bikes now.

Haven't heard anything bad about the cones over the years though, everyone has good things to say!
  • Like 1