Kelly85M84

Controversial but 2t vs 4t

I have converted from 4t to 2t. Brought a ktm 150 tpi and loving it. Defiantly a good choice. All the same concepts about riding just getting use to the little kick at the end. But I love the weight and power of this one

• Like 8

[mention=326]splints[/mention] I reckon a 250tpi would be great for you. The 300tpi has a shite load of power as [mention=1186]Bear[/mention] pointed out to me. My whiskey throttle moments would not work out well im thinking as an old mate found out when he instantly turned a dry creek bed wall into a MX jump and the only way we found him was due to his unconscious koala mating sounds after he became good friends with a wooden DSE fence. The front wheel was moulded into the wire. Bloody dirt bikes hey

One more thing Geoff,I have had a go on the 300 and 250 but I do long distance high country riding as well as tight stuff. If your looking at doing some fast long haul destination rides then the 2t will be revving its butt off. Your 350 does both buddy.

All hail the treefiddy

21 hours ago, BushyBrows DBT said:

Afford it :lol::lol:

no mate...ride it...i am a lazy rider in my old age...the 350 chugs up everything...but I know if I got out of the seat ...the 300 welll...i did enjoy it ... so responsive.. appreciate the opportunity G501...ta

funny thing is andy....you know who I ride with....i am never gonna be as good as them ...but doing their "easy stuff" around stockmans etc is a struggle on the 350....its heavier and switchbacks etc  wears you down......factor in my lack of fitness which is what its more about (but I stand corrected...it may be ability)... (...more bike fitness i think...my destination I know)....i rode G501.. and thought ...in the words of george costanzo when he got a job at the nicks baseball mob..."Im back baby!"

• Like 4

3 hours ago, splints said:

no mate...ride it..

Probably should've elaborated Splints. I was referring to myself. Rode Gypsy's tpi a couple of weeks ago and really liked it, to the point I have considered getting one but struggling to get it over the line with the minister for war and finance seeing as the Sherco isn't even a year old yet.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, BushyBrows DBT said:

Probably should've elaborated Splints. I was referring to myself. Rode Gypsy's tpi a couple of weeks ago and really liked it, to the point I have considered getting one but struggling to get it over the line with the minister for war and finance seeing as the Sherco isn't even a year old yet.

And this right here is why I don't ride other people's bikes!!!

Was chatting earlier with Haydo, we were discussing a hill buzz took us up last week and I commented that that was the type of track/hill that made me wish I had a 300 instead of the 250 and he said next time we were out I should try his (TE 300 TPI), my response:

"Thanks but no thanks...
I dont ride others bikes - makes me realise what I'm missing and want something I can't have!!!"

So basically, I need to avoid riding other people's bikes for at least another 18-24 months - untill Neds getting close to being able to get a license, at which point I'm hoping he can have mine and I'll be allowed a new one!!!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, 2t4me said:

I commented that that was the type of track/hill that made me wish I had a 300 instead of the 250

Master the 250. A memory which  stays with you long after you have been riding a 300.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, cruiser said:

Master the 250. A memory which  stays with you long after you have been riding a 300.

Have only ever owned 250 2ts!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kelly85M84 said:

I have converted from 4t to 2t. Brought a ktm 150 tpi and loving it. Defiantly a good choice. All the same concepts about riding just getting use to the little kick at the end. But I love the weight and power of this one

adjusting the power value you can soften the kick.

• Like 1

adjusting the power value you can soften the kick.

The kick isn’t too bad at the moment just different if that makes sense. Don’t want to mess with it too much until I get use to it
  • Like 1

I totally agree with you there Cruiser makes you a much better rider.
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, cruiser said:

I've not mastered my 250 yet... And the 2 clutches I've been through in 700km will certainly be a memory that will stay with me long after I buy a 300!!! 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Brownballs said:

I've not mastered my 250 yet... And the 2 clutches I've been through in 700km will certainly be a memory that will stay with me long after I buy a 300!!! 

Yes I agree. I was no master either. But had a shit load of fun. The chewed out clutch baskets hanging up in the garage are a reminder that my clutch didn't deserve the abuse I gave it.

• Haha 1

can these blokes ride that race track when not racing? i reckon they would all know it like the back of their hand.... how good would that be... 300/350 bikes of all types having a crack ?

1 hour ago, Gypsy501 said:

ff7d08af07942cd20564bb0a5ec3e129.jpg&key=043e3cf04f590e1f690df3d0ce3eee3faf5c44314c29428fb6b9476333a544f8

9d9d8caf8f4887a3082feb430a566947.jpg&key=f68e45fcec2e1945ce8f54713af47a276a99ba1e8ac90d83913fe94ed54aed2e

It would be awesome if JW could get a podium At Erzbergrodeo on a 350excf.

Sounds to me like KTM is starting the PR groundwork to phase out 2 strokes.

Hybrid electric will be next methinks.  With a small IC engine constantly charging a long range battery, it only has to run at one rpm range and can be much smaller and efficient, maybe 60-80cc, enough to add a few hours range and get you home.  For hard enduro short power bursts it would be ideal, desert riding maybe not...

18 hours ago, BearMX said:

Sounds to me like KTM is starting the PR groundwork to phase out 2 strokes.

PR Possibly amied at poor 4t sales , now that 4T Guys are switching to TPi. Must be a relief not having that hassle of puttin oil into a jerry can🤔

• Like 2

PR Possibly amied at poor 4t sales , now that 4T Guys are switching to TPi. Must be a relief not having that hassle of puttin oil into a jerry can

Lol

I went to a tpi partly for the same reason my last bike was an injected 4 stroke. After last carby bike I owned I swore I would never stuff around with carbs again.....until the neighbours hz decided to have fuelling issues

• Like 3
  • Haha 2