Gypsy501

2021 ktm/ Husqvarna/ Gasgas Thread

Yeah they have been around for a long time, they mainly make electric/battery post bikes plus a range of small capacity traibikes.They are calling the old gas gas ec300 an mr300 plus they are doing the Ranger and mr250 plus talks of a 200.The testing etc of the MR300 is well underway in the states and bikes are predicted to go on sale near the end of their summer.126b4dfdee7100b53655af65fcdfcfea.jpg

• Like 3

I really don't know what the design team at HVA where thinking but this would have to be the most ill thought of side plate design...seriously what is?

image.png.da48ac4f280f82b07100cd2aa09e2adc.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I really don't know what the design team at HVA where thinking but this would have to be the most ill thought of side plate design...seriously what is?

image.png.da48ac4f280f82b07100cd2aa09e2adc.png

Obviously they are the same guy’s that designed the grey plastics on the Pumpkins

1 good point of the Husky plastic it covers half the Muffler-the Kato muffler is so exposed.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gypsy501 said:

Obviously they are the same guy’s that designed the grey plastics on the Pumpkins emoji2961.png

Seriously Mick, the pumpkin's grey could have been darker but have a look at all three

image.png.1c187aaeb5cb2a81c695ab64367d41d9.png

image.png.48308b9f578c80674f1076e64fd371f1.png

image.png.2077ea349144a0f764db3728b04e3eb2.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eagle said:

Have to say i'm NOT big on a lot of white !

I love the white, have done ever since I first saw a Husky 500XC in the mid 80s. They should go back to the bright blue seat, white fork guards and blue / yellow graphics though.

• Like 1

I'm a fan of the 2021 sx and xc range but the grey on the exc I still don't love it. Different yes but I don't know. Maybe in the flesh it'll look nicer. Usually does. 

I hope they fix the bloody powervalve oil leaks though!

20200710_193123.jpg

• Like 1

Seriously Mick, the pumpkin's grey could have been darker but have a look at all three

image.png.1c187aaeb5cb2a81c695ab64367d41d9.png

image.png.48308b9f578c80674f1076e64fd371f1.png

image.png.2077ea349144a0f764db3728b04e3eb2.png

Ooh geez , the GASGAS takes the win for me with looks , if only it came with pds & coloured rims I’d be drinking the Red Coolaid

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, eagle said:

Have to say i'm NOT big on a lot of white !

White over orange any day😄

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Unboxing and walkarounf of the 2021 KTM 300 exc. In a different language but there is subtitles for some of it. Good for a look at least. The exhaust had be baffled until he pulled the real one out of the box

Unboxing and walkarounf of the 2021 KTM 300 exc. In a different language but there is subtitles for some of it. Good for a look at least. The exhaust had be baffled until he pulled the real one out of the box

What the f$&@ is with that pipe, how could they put a o2 sensor there? And it’s going to get bent way easy.

2 minutes ago, Raff said:

What the f$&@ is with that pipe, how could they put a o2 sensor there? And it’s going to get bent way easy.

That pipe is only used for transport or to be used for street legal purposes in Europe as the ecu is locked in transport mode akin to riding a scooter...don't think our bikes are shipped with that type of pipe but they are shipped with a pipe that looks like that without he o2 sensor.

I wish they had the o2/lamda sensor then the bike would run as close to perfectly clean.....then all you really need to adjust is a proper idle screw not some air bypass screw.

• Like 2

Yeah, I didn’t  think they’d have an oxy sensor - doesn’t take much oil in the eg to destroy them. Unless KTM has created a special oil/sensor - which no one else has been able to to date?

A 4t burning a little oil due to worn rings/guides is typically enough to kill them in short time.

Maybe they paid the licence fee to use Yamaha's O2 sensor which is found on their 2t outboards?
Or its just a standard wideband lambda that will get clagged after 2hrs of riding slow stuff

Oh well,  on the bright side, at least with the Covid lockdown people with 2020 KTM / husqvarnas should be able to hang on as they won't have totally worn out by the time the 2021s arrive.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1