Gypsy501

2021 ktm/ Husqvarna/ Gasgas Thread

I read it that he's hoping to pick up a deal from a private seller who will be updating to a 21??

I read it that he's hoping to pick up a deal from a private seller who will be updating to a 21??

Yes, your right Dusty I read it wrong-A lot of people are thinking to wait for the 21s to come out and get a good deal on a ran out 20 as previous years - I don’t think thats going to happen this year.

• Like 1

[mention=3102]Gypsy501[/mention] have you test ridden the Gas GasGas?
I got the pleasure of riding one last Satdy
Rippa bikes!

No I haven’t TRAILZ-there has never been one on a ride.

Have you ridden a tpi ?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gypsy501 said:

No I haven’t TRAILZ-there has never been one on a ride.

Have you ridden a tpi ?

No mate...

@fred99999au can tell us why he chose the GasGas?

7 hours ago, Gypsy501 said:

Yep that's what I meant. No way I could sneak a new bike amount of money out of the savings account past the missus haha. 

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 1:34 PM, TRAILZ said:

No mate...

@fred99999au can tell us why he chose the GasGas?

Well, I have an 05 CRF450X, which wanted to kill me on every ride, I thought about getting the suspension done and guessed it would cost a fair bit and didn't see the value.

I rode @Ollie's 2009 EC300 with a hooligan switch and thought it was a hoot, even though it was sprung for his weight and needed maintenance we found out later. All my other bikes are 2 bangers because I like the simplicity. IT400D, IT200L, IT175G, KDX175, DT175, RZ250 etc.

Then it was reviewed by ADB and while I know that ADB is an ad from just inside the front cover to the back cover it got good reviews for something that I didnt see as a brand being pushed. The kit was quality from front to back and name brand stuff, it looked sexy, I just inherited some cash and I have never bought a brand new bike.

And just like when I bought the CRF450X, SWMBO was heard saying "yeah well you work had enough, if you want it get it"

Went to the local Gasser shop they had one GP300 left and there were few brought into the country, and the step up price from an EC300 was about $1100.

So I bought it. And apart from the starter motor issues it is brilliant and more bike than I could ever make use of.

• Like 1

Without having to scroll thru 58 pages.

Anyone got some insight in the 2020 gasgas 6 days 300.

Looking to upgrade and every time I have a search I end up back at this bike.

Thoughts/experiences?

TIA

• Like 1

Just now, Gypsy501 said:

Sorry mate wrong thread

🎣 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sorry mate wrong thread

Didn't you hear that KTM has just bought 51% of Beta ? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Spoke to Melbourne Gasgas dealer. They are not getting any 2020 or 2021 bikes now that Ktm brought them out.

The new bikes will be Ktm, with different plastics and stickers. The dealer also recommended not buying any 2nd hand gasgas’s either as parts will be harder to get and possibly not made anymore.

Spewing.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Looks pretty good Mick- I could see you on one of these 

So could I 🤘😎🤘...

It ticks alot of boxes🙂

• Like 1

Spoke to Melbourne Gasgas dealer. They are not getting any 2020 or 2021 bikes now that Ktm brought them out.

The new bikes will be Ktm, with different plastics and stickers. The dealer also recommended not buying any 2nd hand gasgas’s either as parts will be harder to get and possibly not made anymore.

Spewing.
There is another Spanish company called Rieju that is carrying on making the 2018/19 EC range and parts,a lot of dealers in the U.S have got on board, not sure about Australia yet but parts are still being made.f2235b2169562c645cdad9e9a23ca7be.jpg
  • Like 1

I saw an old picture of some twin shock MX bikes from the 80's & there was 1 with Rieju on the tank, so i presume they've been around for a fair while, have to say i never saw 1 in Aus MX ?

The old importer of Sherco in usa is getting Jotogas to make enduro bikes for him, maybe we will go back to the 70-80's where there seemed to be a fair few low volume dirtbike brands ?

• Like 2