Gypsy501

2021 ktm/ Husqvarna/ Gasgas Thread

If anyone has any information on the 2021 ktm Husqvana Gasgas’s please post up - pictures or links to threads all welcome here.

• Like 1

Might be a tad early,  no real info on Ktm Talk yet , rumours usually pops up there first,  ... it is only April ;)

• Like 1

I’m getting excited thinking there might be a Tpi Gasgas with Pds - could be the first of me changing colour

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Gypsy501 said:

I’m getting excited thinking there might be a Tpi Gasgas with Pds - could be the first of me changing colour emoji41.png

Gee i hope so , i cant wait to give you shit about riding a GasGas:P;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Really disappointed that the tpi katovarnagasser won't have SSS..maybe they'll just straight up put cones and trax suspension:P

I heard a little whisper that ktm are bringing back the 200 in 2021 - only a whisper but very exciting if it’s true.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Gee i hope so , i cant wait to give you shit about riding a GasGas

Lol , you will give me shit with either any bike I buy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really disappointed that the tpi katovarnagasser won't have SSS..maybe they'll just straight up put cones and trax suspension

Seriously if they done that , every other bike brand will go broke- imagine a ktm tpi with SSS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They need to bring back the 200 and it would be heaps more versatile then the 150 especially now they've gone tpi.
Issue is there is no raceclass really for them that you can be competitive in except in juniors so apart from a few trailriders the demand would be quite low worldwide.

I heard a little whisper that ktm are bringing back the 200 in 2021 - only a whisper but very exciting if it’s true.
  • Like 1

There would be alot of wr's for sale.

Seriously if they done that , ever other bike brand will go broke- imagine a ktm tpi with SSS.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gypsy501 said:

I heard a little whisper that ktm are bringing back the 200 in 2021 

I would buy one :sorriso-02:

Then convert it back to Carb;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The existing ktm150 motor can't be increased in size so a whole new motor would need to be designed,developed and tested so this makes it very unlikely,especially for 2021.
We can all hope for 2022.

• Like 1

I gather the 200's were based off a 125 base (like beta have done) It may have been a bit of a reliability stretch, blowing 2nd gear and stuff...So they went more conservative to the 150 (144).

It does lack power in some situation and probably not suitable to many riders over 80Kg, but the agility is a lot of fun. 

It'll be interesting to see if they improve the tpi mapping on the 150 next year.

Cluffie it would be interesting to check out any thoughts on your tpi vs carby now you've had it for awhile.  

I'd like nothing more than not to deal with jetting and for the bike to use less 2 stroke mix when Im potting around. The 150i I rode was lacking. At this point if I was to go tpi probably consider a 250.

I gather the 200's were based off a 125 base (like beta have done) It may have been a bit of a reliability stretch, blowing 2nd gear and stuff...So they went more conservative to the 150 (144).
It does lack power in some situation and probably not suitable to many riders over 80Kg, but the agility is a lot of fun. 
It'll be interesting to see if they improve the tpi mapping on the 150 next year.
Cluffie it would be interesting to check out any thoughts on your tpi vs carby now you've had it for awhile.  
I'd like nothing more than not to deal with jetting and for the bike to use less 2 stroke mix when Im potting around. The 150i I rode was lacking. At this point if I was to go tpi probably consider a 250.

Mapping may improve on the 150i next year but i don't think there would be much difference. I've never ridden or even seen a 150i on a ride and i think they have become a bit of a no mans bike.
On the 250/300tpi's they run awesome but are down a bit of torque in the 'right off the bottom' department compared to a carb. (similar to the 4t's).
Fuel economy is good and oil usage is misely at 50 to 60ml a tank which equals between140 to 160 to 1 for our preferred type of riding. Personally i would be more comfortable with is using more oil but you get what ktm give you. High wot use would use more oil but i don't use it here so i can't give an accurate usage rate.
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, cluffie said:

On the 250/300tpi's they run awesome but are down a bit of torque in the 'right off the bottom' department compared to a carb. (similar to the 4t's).
Fuel economy is good and oil usage is misely at 50 to 60ml a tank which equals between140 to 160 to 1 for our preferred type of riding. Personally i would be more comfortable with is using more oil but you get what ktm give you. High wot use would use more oil but i don't use it here so i can't give an accurate usage rate.

Good to hear your thoughts! 100%.  The less torque off idle is more than noticeably on the smaller 150i.   

Appreciate it!

Good to hear your thoughts! 100%.  The less torque off idle is more than noticeably on the smaller 150i.   
Appreciate it!
Yeh,i think it's just a trait of the tpi design ktm used. I'm sure in years to come the injection will only get better. There is no serious competition to ktm atm so there will be no hurry to look at improvements or redesign tweaks. We need sherco and beta to catch up to apply some pressure but i'm not sure if they can?
Being smoother everywhere and having perfect fuelling throughout the whole rev range makes up for this downfall and makes the tpi easier to ride once you get used to it.
Unfortunately with the 150tpi they had to rob peter to pay paul so it has a very poor topend with no overrev by reports to improve the bottom/mid. This was achieved mostly by the radical different (as small bores go) tpi pipe design.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Its a shame Ktm ruined the150exc /Te50 by making TPI only ,never realy had a chance , Personally i think its a geat bike . The majority of trail riders these days being overweight lazy 40+ guys , they just want there 300s to chugg around on , younger guys grew up  4ts so thats what they ride ,  so yer its a "no mans " bike ,  sad times for the small bore guys with Beta the only option.  Tipping a 200 tpi would be crap too, and nothing like the old version ,  unless KTM come up with a TPI for small bores, 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mick said:

Its a shame Ktm ruined the150exc /Te50 by making TPI only ,never realy had a chance , Personally i think its a geat bike . The majority of trail riders these days being overweight lazy 40+ guys , they just want there 300s to chugg around on , younger guys grew up  4ts so thats what they ride ,  so yer its a "no mans " bike ,  sad times for the small bore guys with Beta the only option.  Tipping a 200 tpi would be crap too, and nothing like the old version ,  unless KTM come up with a TPI for small bores, 

At least we have the Carby incarnation. Most fun Toy I've ever owned.

I do wonder if the EFI 4st is a cleaner design than tpi work around. 

• Like 1

Tpi definately can be improved on. There is a guy in europe that has his own ecu/head and tuning package that is heaps better and it can run without a battery and adjust the oil amount also. All adjustments/ mapping are easily done through a laptop and it easy to install.
He said ktm chose a very outdated and basic ecu that is limited in the things it can do. Unfortunately this guy is a single band show and he fell sick so his promises haven't been meet as of now. Be good to see this get out there.
"Powercdi" is his business if anybody wants to check it out.

• Like 1