Geoffro

For a bit of fun, 10 Questions for forum members

Come on Dirtriderz this is a great thread - iv enjoyed reading about the history of fallow Dirtriderz

• Like 3

How many years have you been riding for  ? Roughly 4 years.

What was your very first bike ? 2005 KTM 250sx

What is your current bike ? 2018 Beta 300rr

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  Always wanted a 1996 CR125. A mate had one when I was young. Thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? 2stroke. Only ridden a 4t a handful of times. Not my cuppa tea, but can see why people like them.

Where was your favorite forum ride ? Buzz's Dissa rides. Tears of pain and joy all day long

What is your favorite forum memory ? I have 3 that come to mind....

No1: Kmatts talking me into trying my 1st log hop on one of my early dirtriderz rides @ greendale

No2: Watching Gypsy climb many many hills that look impossible over the years

No3: Buzzo giving me a ear full (not too long ago:ph34r:) when I wanted to take the silver/chicken track on a Wombattle day. Turned out to be one of the best Hard Enduro rides I've done. Terrain was amazing, so bloody grateful for the needed talking to :D

How many years have you been a forum member for ? 4 

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? Yes plenty of good'ens.  Plus a coupla spuds :lol:

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? Just more activity and rides posted. 

• Like 9

How many years have you been riding for  ? 7 Years dirt bikes, 14 years road bikes

What was your very first bike ? Dirt Bike - 2010 Yamaha YZ450F (worst decision for a first dirt bike ever), Road Bike - Aprilia RS125

What is your current bike ? 2013 KTM 300 XC-W

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? ) Always wanted to restore a road legal version of the Honda Z50. Would be crazy fun hooning around the roads on one of them.

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? Have owned both and love both in different situations. Am mostly a sole single track rider now so 2T all the way for that. 

Where was your favorite forum ride ? Any of the RCHA rides are fun.

What is your favorite forum memory ? Latest ride with ToysRUs and DoubleVee on a weekday ride. Was a crazy day. Also a ride back in I would think 2015 with JT and a few other awesome dirtriderz dudes from his place to pauls range and toolangi where I was so far out of my depth on my Yamaha compared to the others as I had only just started riding and had no idea what I was doing. I had posted up about anyone wanting to do a Level 1 ride and JT messaged me to say just come on his Level 3 ride and they will sort me out and help me out. Fell off about a million times, kick started the bloody thing which hated starting all day, couldn't afford tyres so the rear was an actual slick tyre and couldn't get up any sort of hill that had clay, ran out of fuel, JT rode home and got me some from his place and chucked a mad wheelie next to me on the way home for about 500m with a 20L jerry can in between his legs, full body cramps afterwards and it hooked me to dirt bike riding since. Best day ever and I'm not sure if I would have stuck with dirt bike riding had it not been for that day as I didn't know any one else with dirt bikes and had just been tooling around on my own at Dissa on the fire roads which was pretty boring.

How many years have you been a forum member for ? 5 Years

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? Always make friends on rides but don't have any close mates off the forum, but thats probably as I only really get to about 2 Dirtriderz rides a year as I can't ride weekends ever. 

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? More weekday rides (which I was endeavoring to start posting up and attend before the beervirus put a stop to riding rather than riding on my own) and more just general topics and discussions on the forum so it is actually worth visiting to read other than just looking to see if people are riding.

• Like 4

How many years have you been riding for  ?

What was your very first bike ? 

Suzuki jr80

What is your current bike ?

Beta rr300

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? )

Not my own but have dad's childhood dream bikes in the shed.

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ?

2 stroke

Where was your favorite forum ride ?

Arbos  Big desert ride or the tallarook Christmas ride. 

What is your favorite forum memory ? 

Not sure about favourite but on my first ride I dropped my xr250 on a hill where it flooded and wouldn't start for 30 mins......

How many years have you been a forum member for ? 

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ?

Quite a few!

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ?

More of the same!

• Like 4

How many years have you been riding for  ? 5yrs for Dirt Riding, 20yrs for Road

What was your very first bike ? Dirt Bike: XL500 Bought it to ride behind factory. Only rode it 6 times before selling it some 15yrs ago. 5yrs ago bought a DT200 for Dirt riding. 1st Road bike was a Kawa GPZ 250. 

What is your current bike ? Husky 350 18'

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? ) KX80 Big Wheel. Mate had one and rode it a few times, scary fun at the time

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? 4 Stroke, test ridden 2 stroke and not for me.

Where was your favorite forum ride ? My first Level 3 ride with "mick" Labour day weekend and turned up on a 04 WR450. Lack of skill combined with running out of water by 11am. Stuck with it for the day then cramped all the way home. Such memories

What is your favorite forum memory ? RCHGFA rides are awesome. Doing something you enjoy for a great cause

How many years have you been a forum member for ? 5yrs

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? A few friendships to go riding with

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? Love it as it is, but more people putting hand up to lead a ride. It's not hard just post and the regulars will help if you are unsure of what is expected. I would post my Hazelwood rides in the future but from what I have seen 80% of the tracks are gone so I've been exploring another place. I just don't know it well enough to post rides.

• Like 7

How many years have you been riding for  ? Dirt 10 years
What was your very first bike ? Road Bike 1991 Honda CBR250RR in about 2000. Dirt Bike 1986 Honda XR350R in 2010. Must be due fur something special in 2020
What is your current bike ? 2017 KTM 250EXC
Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? ) Wasn't allowed a bike as a kid.
Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? 2 stroke
Where was your favorite forum ride ?
The Annual Weekenders. Doing the rides, meeting new crew, the all in group rides, the banter and the late night shenanigans!
Arbos desert trips and in particular the weekend we smashed out 450km in a weekend injury free.
What is your favorite forum memory ? Probably the vibe created by the Royal Children's Hospital Good Friday Appeal Rides. Lots of mateship coming together and catching up at different rides with the permanents doing all the rides.
How many years have you been a forum member for ? 2011
Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? Some of the best
What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? More group rides where we have multi level riders going different directions and meeting up for after ride banter

• Like 7

How many years have you been riding for  ? 47 years (since 1973)

What was your very first bike ? Honda Mini trail

What is your current bike ? KTM EXC 300, Beta 300 RE, Husqy FX 350

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? ) Honda CR 125R 1974

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ?  Love both but lean towards 2T

Where was your favorite forum ride ?  Goughs or Big Desert

What is your favorite forum memory ?  Too many to count - great rides

How many years have you been a forum member for ?   9 years

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? Yes

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ?  Lots of rides after CV lockdown

• Like 5

Started riding at 5.5year old , so 46+ years
First bike , Coyote 50
Currently
19 Fe501
17 Te300
Bike I’d own again and rebuild
Kx500 1990 or a Yz490 5speed 1990
Forum ride , Pyrenees
Friends, hell yes
I forget the other questions

• Like 6

On 4/6/2020 at 9:53 PM, ktm shane said:
How many years have you been riding for  ? Didn’t ride for 20 years back riding for 10
What was your very first bike ? YZ 80 J 
What is your current bike ? Ktm 300,Ktm350,YZ80J
Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? ) Yes YZ80J 
Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? 2 stroke 
Where was your favorite forum ride ? This years grand final eve ride and the annual weekenders 
What is your favorite forum memory ? All the annual weekenders and camping weekend 
How many years have you been a forum member for ? 10 
Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? Yes plenty 
What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? More rides and mingling 

Your so modest Shane!
You Guys Are so nice you even named a track after me at neerim after I fell off ! 

How many years have you been riding for  ? off and on for 25 years

What was your very first bike ? XL 185 street burning at 15 years of age and riding to carrrum via the drains through dandy show grounds 

What is your current bike ? ktm 300 2015

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? ) no

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? 2t

Where was your favorite forum ride ? always love neerim

What is your favorite forum memory ? grand final ride and bbq get together 

How many years have you been a forum member for ? 6 years

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? yes

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? more all level ride days with a bbq feed afterwards byo own food and drinks.

• Like 6

How many years have you been riding for  ? as a kid 13-17, then a road bike RD250LC J yep lost licence (who didn't?), back trailriding last 10 years

What was your very first bike ? Dirt Bike - RM125c, Road Bike - RD250LC, round 2 first bike back RMX250Z

What is your current bike ? 2012 KTM 350 exc-f

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? ) RM80 or 125X

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? i'd say 2 stroke at heart, but am cross-gendering atm with 4 stroke

Where was your favorite forum ride ? any time i get out...its never enough... really enjoyed cruisers reefton spur a few months ago...very esteemed company to ride with

What is your favorite forum memory ? ditto above, just enjoy getting out for a ride and having a sleepover and a few beers talking mostly crap, but also D & M crap as it arises, everyone has a story and a journey

How many years have you been a forum member for ? dunno, how do I look that up Geoffro?

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? no doubt, don't really  see them socially outside of riding (maybe 1), but if its bike/camp related...lotsa peeps. even if i don't know people before the weekend, common interests always lead to friendships. 

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? nothing really...its well run..the guns are happy to put up rides/camps with us plebs and help us learn, in turn the better plebs are happy to help out learners...its a great community I hope to be around for a while to come

• Like 5

How many years have you been riding for ? 1 year give or take a few months.

What was your very first bike ? 93 XR250r

What is your current bike ? 19 TE300i

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ? ( if yes, what is it ? ) no

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? Undecided. Would like to ride a current 4t to compare to my 2t. I went from a 525 to the current 2t and that was a huge jump/improvement. Maybe the jump would’ve been the same 525 to current 4t?? Dunno.

Where was your favorite forum ride ? Dissa - only been on 1 forum ride so far but hoping to change that!

What is your favorite forum memory ? Riding with Mates. Good challenges and great laughs.

How many years have you been a forum member for ? A few weeks. Got introduced by Dusty after meeting him via some social rides.

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? Early days but seems to be the case!

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? Not sure I’m still getting a feel for it. Seems good so far!

• Like 3