Geoffro

For a bit of fun, 10 Questions for forum members

Actually be nice to see heaps of forum members give this one a crack

Simply copy and paste the questions, and type your answers beside

How many years have you been riding for  ?

What was your very first bike ?

What is your current bike ?

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? )

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ?

Where was your favorite forum ride ?

What is your favorite forum memory ?

How many years have you been a forum member for ?

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ?

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ?

• Like 5

How many years have you been riding for  ? Didn’t ride for 20 years back riding for 10

What was your very first bike ? YZ 80 J 

What is your current bike ? Ktm 300,Ktm350,YZ80J

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? ) Yes YZ80J 

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? 2 stroke 

Where was your favorite forum ride ? This years grand final eve ride and the annual weekenders 

What is your favorite forum memory ? All the annual weekenders and camping weekend 

How many years have you been a forum member for ? 10 

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? Yes plenty 

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? More rides and mingling 

• Like 9

How many years have you been riding for  ? Started at age 4

What was your very first bike ? JZ50

What is your current bike ? CR500 and KTM300

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ? ( if yes, what is it ?) CR80 86 model

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ?  2 smoker

Where was your favorite forum ride ?  Can't name just one, if any high country

What is your favorite forum memory ? All the annual weekenders 

How many years have you been a forum member for ? 10 years

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? Yes, they are all family

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? New members

• Like 9

Q- How many years have you been riding for ?

A- 2.5years

Q- What was your very first bike ?

A- Husky 250

Q- What is your current bike ?

A - YZF250FX

Q- Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? )

A - nope

Q- Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ?

A- 4 stroke... but really keen to give a 2 stroke a go!

Q-Where was your favorite forum ride ?

A - must say step up ride Dissa.... must also say it’s my only ride so far.

Q- What is your favorite forum memory ?

A - always the kindness of everyone! (I know I can get super annoying)

Q- How many years have you been a forum member for ?

A- few months

Q - Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ?

A- ABSOLUTELY I have!! Can’t wait to make more!

Q- What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ?

A - Hmmm.... don’t think I’ve been on it long enough to work this one out... I’ll get back to you!

Love your work!

• Like 10

How many years have you been riding for  ? 9 years, 30 year break, past 6 years, total 15 years

What was your very first bike ? Daytona 60

What is your current bike ? Beta 300 mongrel - part xtrainer part RR, Suzuki rmx 250, Honda 900 RR Fireblade, Suzuki RM125B.

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? ) Too many

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? Never counted

Where was your favorite forum ride ? A very wet Creswick ride

What is your favorite forum memory ? Many fond memories

How many years have you been a forum member for ? 6 years

Have you made any/many good

friendships via the forum ? Many great friendships made via forum

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? More riding, no politics

• Like 12

How many years have you been riding for ?

12 years

2004 YZ450F

2020 350EXCF

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ? ( if yes, what is it ? )

Husaberg 2012 FE570

I’m a Non Carby 2t & Fi 4t person

Habs 2017 3 days Goughs Bay ride

Goughs Bay Rides & the Grand Final Eve rides

6 years

Many good friendships

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ?

More rides posted- all lvls

• Like 13

10 hours ago, Geoffro said:

Actually be nice to see heaps of forum members give this one a crack

Simply copy and paste the questions, and type your answers beside

How many years have you been riding for  ? 45

What was your very first bike ?  Suzuki TS 125 K 1971

What is your current bike ?  KTM exc 400 ( 2000 ) Sherco sefr 300i ( 2015 ) Honda tlr 250 ( 1985 ) x2

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? )  Suzuki RM 125 N

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? I'm a 4 stroke man but would like to try a 2 stroke, i've got my Son's RM 250 (2008 ) here that i'm doing some work on, so i suppose when it & i can ride again i will have to take it for a test ride ? ;)

Where was your favorite forum ride ?  Can't split the Collarbone & Dartmouth dam rides, these are just great weekends away with some great people ! I'm hoping to do these till my only ride is a mobility scooter ;)

What is your favorite forum memory ?  Too man to choose from !!

How many years have you been a forum member for ?  10

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ?  Yes, met lots of great people on here & it's always good to catch up with them on rides !

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? Maybe a bit of intellectual conversation on what makes the World go around ? ;)

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

How many years have you been riding for  ? 10 

What was your very first bike ? 2009 TE310 Husky

What is your current bike ? 2014 TE300, 2011 TE449 and 2019 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin.

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? ) No, but I'm looking for a 25+ year old project bike (air cooled BMW R or K, or Japanese 4 cylinder) to turn into a Scrambler.

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? 2 stroke for enduro and 4 stroke for the high country.

Where was your favorite forum ride ?The annual multi level ride at Mt Disappointment.

What is your favorite forum memory ? It's "the vibe" of the whole thing. The people you meet, riding new tracks, having a laugh and being laughed at...

How many years have you been a forum member for ? 7-8 years

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? Plenty.

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? More rides, more multi-day rides, maybe leading some training days to help others safely improve their skills,  shed days where mates bring their bikes over to repair and maintain them followed by a BBQ and a few bevvies.

When this COVID thing is under control over I'm going to Gough's Bay for a week!

• Like 7

How many years have you been riding for?  17yrs

What was your very first bike? honda c50

What is your current bike ? Drz400,  Honda crm250ar 

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? ) honda c50

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? I like both but love the sound and smell of 2 stroke.

Where was your favorite forum ride ? Riles Cobaw ride 

What is your favorite forum memory ? Riders Tallarook ride and camping swimming in the dam and having the best camping food ever.

How many years have you been a forum member for ? 3yrs

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? Yes quite a few in a short time on here.

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? More rides over warrnambool way or at least closer to warrnambool. 

• Like 7

How many years have you been riding for  ?  36, 7 year break in the 90's when I bought a house.

What was your very first bike ? Yamaha DT 175

What is your (favorite) current bike ? 2019 Sherco 300 SEF-R. Got a few others in the shed too.

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? ) Yes. Any 80's watercooled Jap MXer. 1986 YZ 250 S with gold rims would be a fav.

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? 4 for go, 2 for show

Where was your favorite forum ride ? Mick's 2019 RCH Neerim 2+

What is your favorite forum memory ? Reading about bike build ups, what have you done to your bike, ride reports

How many years have you been a forum member for ? Almost 10, only active since 2018

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? Yes

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? Not changing too much from the current format. Like minded people getting out for a ride enjoying this awesome sport at all levels. Lately it has great seeing some of the more experienced riderZ putting up rides and passing on some knowledge and skills.

• Like 10

How many years have you been riding for  ?  aahhh close to 27 years 

What was your very first bike ? 1986 pw 50 (red and white with the gold wheels)

What is your current bike ? 05 kx 85 (just to ride with the kids)

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? ) love to resto a early 90s yz, they looked the coolest in my opinion 

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? 2t baby!

Where was your favorite forum ride ? never had licence or reg so def the last years weekender 

What is your favorite forum memory ? prob fros 40th or any social drinks that's been held

How many years have you been a forum member for ? damn I don't know I think I joined back in 2011? under the name crfadam 

*edit 2010 I joined 

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? yeh 100% love them all, even when they skinny shame me 

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? I think we should organise a family ride day at a track, maybe do some fun little races to get all the kids involved with our stupidity 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

How many years have you been riding for  ?  I think 5 years (maybe 6 years)

What was your very first bike ?  2009 KTM 530 EXC-R

What is your current bike ?  2018 Sherco 125 SER Six Days

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  Unfortunately no - I only started riding in my 40s

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ?  I love 2 strokes

Where was your favorite forum ride ?  Macca's Grampians Ride & DirtGirlie's Birthday Ride in Beechworth

What is your favorite forum memory ?  Has to be my first desert ride with Arbo up at Yaapeet

How many years have you been a forum member for ? I think 4 years

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? Absolutely. I've met the best people on the forum. Too many to list.

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ?  Great question.  I'm not exactly sure at the moment, but I'll come back to this one.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

How many years have you been riding for  ?  24 i think hard to remember at my age :unsure:

What was your very first bike ? Yamaha TT250

What is your (favourite) current bike ? Favourite 99 GASGASEC250 current bike KTM250EXC

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  Bombardier 50 ( first bike i rode put it into the fence on the 3rd cnr :wacko:)

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? 2T

Where was your favourite forum ride ? HABS Bendigo 100

What is your favourite forum memory ? reading about rides afterwards 

How many years have you been a forum member for ? Almost 10, only active since 2015

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? more beginner / step-up rides and more social type rides.

• Like 10

How many years have you been riding for  ? 6

What was your very first bike ? TT350

What is your current bike ? WR450

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? ) No, started riding late in life 

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? 4T

Where was your favorite forum ride ? Love Maccas Grampian rides

What is your favorite forum memory ? Meeting @TRAILZ for the first time, something I will never forget

How many years have you been a forum member for ? Bout 5

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? More mid level rides posted up 

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

How many years have you been riding for  ? All up about 15 years. Both trail and road bikes with a few years off the trail bike until joining Dirtriderz.

What was your very first bike ? A 50cc Garelli mini bombadiere. Similar to the one attached hehe

What is your current bike ? KTM 250 excf

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  1984 YZ 125

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? Ride 4T atm but have thought about a 2T of late @dazzrmx

Where was your favorite forum ride ? @Bear Pyrenees ride

What is your favorite forum memory ? Meeting and riding with so many great riders it's a tough question but the Dirtriderz 2019 annual weekend would be a highlight... Oh and meeting @beeaye

How many years have you been a forum member for ? Bout 3

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? Absolutely!

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? A band playing at Dissa GF social ride @Gypsy501 and step up rides...

Screenshot_20200407-165707_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 9

How many years have you been riding for  ? 5-6 year then wife and daughter took finance then returned 17.5 year ago 

What was your very first bike ?CR 80 ,XR250 1988 TT350 1989 WR426 2002 

What is your current bike ?KTM 500 2016 & TDM 850 sport tourer 

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? ) TT350

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ?4T

Where was your favorite forum ride ?Enfield & Creswick weekend with Scotland 

What is your favorite forum memory ? Arbo Desert ride (pub for dinner)

How many years have you been a forum member for ? 6.5

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? yes so many great friendships

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? don't change what isn't broke

• Like 6

How many years have you been riding for ? 33 years
What was your very first bike ? Honda Z50 around a 75 model?
What is your current bike ? DR650
Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? ) Honda Z50 around the 1975 models
Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? 4
Where was your favorite forum ride ? Mt Dissa
What is your favorite forum memory ? Every annual weekender I have been too!!
How many years have you been a forum member for ? Around 6-7 years I think??
Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? Plenty of Quality friends for life!
What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? More big group rides/days to cater for different ride levels and a social bbq and beer at the end off the day

• Like 7

How long riding,off and on mx since 81,bush riding 5 years.                                  1st bike,either pe175 or kx250a4 not sure.                                                                         Current bike.ktm300exctpi.beta 300 for sale.                                                        love to restore a kx125a7.                     2 or 4 stroke.2 for sure.                              Best ride memory ,all of them.                         Best forum ride.all.                                    how long on forum,5years.                        Made good mates.i hope so ,I'll let the other guys answer that lol.                          Change anything on forum.it works.                                            

• Like 6

How many years have you been riding for  ? 

15 with breaks here and there 

2001 CR80 

KTM 300XC

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? )

2005 CR250

I don't discriminate but love my 2T

Bears tallarook, first real introduction to the more technical riding.

Just meeting like minded people who love getting out there 

Lots of great people on this forum yes

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future

More rides from all levels 

• Like 6

-How many years have you been riding for?
It's about 7 years now

-What was your very first bike?
2008 Yamaha yz250f

-What is your current bike?
2019 KTM 250exc tpi

-Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore?
I don't have a childhood bike but I would love to restore a 2008 Yamaha yz250f and give it to my son one day

-Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person?
Definitely a 2 stroke person

-What is your favourite forum ride?
Goughs bay

-What is your favourite forum memory?
Jumping on a high level ride at Dissa and riding through Buttaminga with around 10 or so riders

-How many years have you been a forum member?
3 years

-Have you made any friendships on this forum?
I have made heaps of friends on this forum

-What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future?
A lot more rides and over all ride levels

• Like 7

How many years have you been riding for  ? 32

What was your very first bike ? MTX50

What is your current bike ? Just sold them all to move to Aus :( (Had a YZ450FX, XR650R, FZ1 and a CRF50 - plan on getting a YZ450FX real soon to join you guys :rolleyes:)

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? ) Road bike = RD350YPVS, Dirt Bike = 1984 XR500R

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? I can't choose - I love them both for different reasons

Where was your favorite forum ride ? Newbie

What is your favorite forum memory ? Newbie

How many years have you been a forum member for ? 2 days

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? Looking to :rolleyes:

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? Only 2 days in but looks like a great forum... Well done to administrators..

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

How many years have you been riding for?

25 years with some short breaks

What was your very first bike?

Honda MR50!

What is your current bike?

2020 YZ250X & 2012 KTM300EXC

Either an MR50 or a YZ80J, I'd be the big kid mucking around on them as we don't have any. We have an unfinished bike project of@Qbanger 's already on the go... '82 RM125

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person?

2 stroke all the way.

Where was your favorite forum ride?

Hard to pick as I always have a good time at every ride.. and there have only been a few recent rides for me.

What is your favorite forum memory?

First thing that strikes my mind is flipping my Kato at the Dissa GF ride when I was told to "send it" after a previous attempt or two.

How many years have you been a forum member for?

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum?

Yes

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future?

More camping weekends

• Like 7

How many years have you been riding for? On and off for 38
What was your very first bike? SL100
What is your current bike? 2020 250EXC TPI
Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?( if yes, what is it ? ) PE400
Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? Both
Where was your favorite forum ride ? PeteV Mount Cole
What is your favorite forum memory ? Annual Weekender
How many years have you been a forum member for ? 6
Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? Sure have
What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? More Otways rides.

• Like 6

How many years have you been riding for  ?15 all up give or take 

What was your very first bike ? 86 CR125

What is your current bike ?2018 Tx300 2018 TE150 , 

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? ) 95 CR250

Are you a 2 stroke or 4 stroke person ? CARBY 2T for life.:sorriso-02:

Where was your favorite forum ride ? Buzzs Dissa, Goughs , my Neerim loops

What is your favorite forum memory ?too many

How many years have you been a forum member for ?6

Have you made any/many good friendships via the forum ? Sure

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ? More Ride leaders from the East side putting their hand up

• Like 10

How many years have you been riding

13 years

What was your very first bike ?

1978 RM 100

What is your current bike ?

2020 ktm 300 TPI

Do you have a childhood bike you would like to buy and restore ?  ( if yes, what is it ? )

1978 RM 100 mount it on the wall in my man cave

Both are good but definitely the 2 strokes are more fun

Goughs Bay

What is your favorite forum memory ?
Grand final Rides  

How many years have you been a forum member for ?

not sure close to 10 years 

i have made many Friend's old and new Been a while since I’ve seen the old ones out on there bikes

What would you like to see as part of the forum in the future ?
Kids related rides (tracks )so that forum members can get there kids together enjoying the sport to keep the kids engaged 

• Like 7