Mile23

Hard enduro training ride

Hi everyone 

I’m quite new to dirt riding and also dirt riderz forum so I would like to ask a question about posting rides or asking people to post harder rides. 

also the whole grading Lvl thing sort of confuses me is it possible to have like another grading for hard enduro since it’s becoming more and more popular in our sport these days. 

Iv entered the grass roots enduro series this year so I need all the practice I can get. 
i would love to go on a ride where we mainly focus on practising our hard enduro skills on extremely hard tracks 

I would post the ride my self but I’m not sure at what grade to set it at and also I have no set out loop and if I post a ride and can’t link up a decent loop I don’t want to upset people if I pick the wrong grade for the ride. 
If I was to post a ride I would like others to have input on what tracks we do for the day but all extremely hard tracks. 

I know my way around most places we ride but I want to do the hard core stuff more often but it’s very hard to find, I’m more than happy to try new tracks but I’ve never done it before don’t where you would even start. 

I would love to have the terrain to be as hard as possible but the pace to be down because they’ll be lots of stops because of the extreme terrain I want to suffer all day on the bike because I believe the only way to get better at something is to be thrown into the deep end and try and keep your head above water. 

would any one be interested in helping me put this ride together where there’s a decent group of us and we can all help each other to get better.  

• Like 8

G'day Mile23 and cheers for the thoughts of grading a hard enduro style of ride. If you want to post up something along the lines of a hard enduro ride whether that be training or a full blown ride then feel free to do it but post it as a level 5 ride and leave it at that. That is the highest we grade anything which is pretty much anything goes. It is hard enough for most riders to agree on what a level 1, 1+, 2, 2+, 3 or 3+ is let alone to grade levels of hard enduro on top of this.

Maybe when posting suggest it is practicing for hard enduro so anything can be possible. Lay down what you expect to tackle on a ride and what you want out of your riders attending as is normally done. Apart from that, I believe that any other form of catergorising may and usually does lead to confussion. 

Also please remember to consider that this is an open forum and that anyone can read what you post on the forum.

Cheers,

Noods

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Gypsy501 said:

There you go Mile you got what you wanted-Nuggetwr will sort you out emoji3.png

I’m all over it what a jet organizing a ride like this love it 

maybe we can twist one of your curls into going ;) 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mile23 said:

I’m quite new to dirt riding....

I would love to have the terrain to be as hard as possible but the pace to be down because they’ll be lots of stops because of the extreme terrain I want to suffer all day on the bike because I believe the only way to get better at something is to be thrown into the deep end and try and keep your head above water. 

How long have you been riding?  If people can get a better idea of where you are currently at, skills wise, it would be much easier to point in the right direction

• Like 1

Level 5 (or 4+):

You ride at the pace and stamina of the top Vic or Aust Enduro riders.
You ride at the pace and stamina of top Hard or Extreme Enduro riders
You ride the hardest and gnarliest terrain possible regardless of weather for as long as you can suffer.
You don't mind lifting, dragging or sending it...in fact you don't care about your bike so long as it's kinda straight, still going and tyres are somewhat inflated.
You rarely ask for help.

Sounds about right:P

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

For bronze class you need to be good at hills and be able to negotiate going around stuck riders using unconventional lines or you will just sit there waiting for others to get out of your way,so frustrating. Unless you are a seasoned offroad racer you will not get the holeshot or be at the front so you will have lots of traffic on the first and 2nd lap until it spacers out a bit. If you get no traffic then the event is to easy so be ready for it.
I'd be hitting swamp hill and similar type loose rocky shaley hills but not only trying to going straight up on every attempt. You need to be able to do pivot turns across loose off camber terrain and zig zag up the hill. Practise this and it will help you in the race to pass traffic if you get stuck behind other riders. Off camber trails are a must to practise on and is a real art to master. 
Other things to practise are rock step ups or out of steep valleys from a standing start or with minimum momentum.
Normal trailriding will keep you fit but it won't really help you in the race.
Don't worry to much about pace. Concerntrate more of conserving energy and riding smart as 4hrs racing non stop is equivalent to around 10 or 12 hrs trailriding,it's brutal.
For silver and gold it takes years of training and riding to get the skills required to negotiate this terrain so forget about this atm.

• Like 11

Thanks for all the advice fella’s

ill take it all on board 

ill probably post up a ride on dirt riderz when wildrock starts doing their practice days once a month I think they start in April onwards for anyone who wants to go there as a group and have a play around on the different obstacles and hills 

other than that I’ll just keep chipping away

• Like 8

Booking into the Tim Coleman course at the grassroots event and doing it just before the event will help you heaps.  

• Like 2

On 2/5/2020 at 5:14 PM, Mile23 said:

Thanks for all the advice fella’s

ill take it all on board 

ill probably post up a ride on dirt riderz when wildrock starts doing their practice days once a month I think they start in April onwards for anyone who wants to go there as a group and have a play around on the different obstacles and hills 

other than that I’ll just keep chipping away

just wanted to ask how your riding is going miles....february you are new to the sport asking for extreme 5hit which most of us are still miles off after years of riding....dunno what nugget organised...just curious as to how you went/are going... the fellas who responded to your OP all go very OK

• Like 1

Mile took the courageous line in the "pinch" at Tenterfield grassroots which saw him qaulify 24th I think (from memory) .

Also completed 2 laps, with only just missing out on making a 3rd.

Good effort for someone who's been riding for such a short time:applauso-01:

• Like 2

Mile took the courageous line in the "pinch" at Tenterfield grassroots which saw him qaulify 24th I think (from memory) .

Also completed 2 laps, with only just missing out on making a 3rd.

Good effort for someone who's been riding for such a short time:applauso-01:

Does that mean we won’t see him on Dirtriderz rides anyway?

Yeh ridings going good, learn something new every time I go out. Very grateful for all the help I’ve been getting lately little tips and tricks of the trade. 

thanks wade aswell little quiet achiever you. 

hey gypsy umm most likely not To be 100% honest I’ve been enjoying doing my own thing lately and some things about the grading system bugg me so decided to take that route 
might see me make special guest appearances every now and then. 
hopefully Murdoch can put on a bbq for the occasion (bloke can cook) 

• Like 7