brucektmguy

Beta 300RR Race Edition 2020 - Ist Ride impressions

Thanks Bruce for your excellent review and i'm glad you are happy with the bike. That Beta engine sounds superb,so throaty with heaps of low down pull and it responds instantly to throttle input,impressive. Best thing about my 17 beta was the motor and my dash had issues also with batterys and needed attention regulary. Lack of fuel tank filling vision and short handguards, as you mentioned   are good honest comments that the paid reviewers don't think about telling readers. Enjoy what looks to be a great bike and i hope to catch up with you on a ride soon.

• Like 4

On fuel usage - it used 1 litre per 7.5 km - this means even with its 9.5 litre tank the range is only 71k.  It’s a new motor so this should improve. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, brucektmguy said:

On fuel usage - it used 1 litre per 7.5 km - this means even with its 9.5 litre tank the range is only 71k.  It’s a new motor so this should improve. 

Hopefully it improves but unlikely it will improve heaps. Thats poor economy but it may need a jetting tweak once it's run in. I could get the same range out of the beta as the ktm engine and 10km per litre is achievable for a smooth rider with sensible trailrider suited jetting and not race wot jetting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gypsy501 said:

Congratulations Bruce emoji106.png

Great review mate emoji106.png

Told ya you secretly want a beta 

great review mate welcome to the beta boy army 

• Like 1

Told ya you secretly want a beta 
great review mate welcome to the beta boy army 

No thanks-2 words - Linkage & Carby
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gypsy501 said:

Bruce what’s the vibration like compared to your 17 300exc ?

Can’t feel any difference in vibration.  It runs colder than the KTM, perhaps it’s the bigger radiators or rich jetting.   Fan did not come on once.  Left bike to idle in garage  for 20 mins just to try and get the fan to come on - no success. Perhaps fan faulty? Or this is the coolest running 2T I have ever seen.  Whilst idling there was fuel coming out the overflow so that explains the poor mileage.  Float level poorly set - back to the shop...

Pros - Linkage, Carby, better forks, more bottom end torque. Runs cooler. Movie star looks (like you Mick)  Like the TPI almost impossible to stall, can hold a higher gear.

Cons - mileage.....

• Like 9

Great review:applauso-01:

Looking forward to hearing further about the Kybs once run in and/or set-up.

...has to be one of the best looking bikes on the market ATM!

• Like 3

Looks like a great bike. Good to have some decent competition for KTM.

Apologies for side-tacking. That's some good riding terrain there. Do you have any GPS coordinates of where you went? We also do a fair bit of Wombat but those tracks don't look familiar to me.

1 hour ago, nibble said:

Apologies for side-tacking. That's some good riding terrain there. Do you have any GPS coordinates of where you went? We also do a fair bit of Wombat but those tracks don't look familiar to me.

No GPS used. 

• Like 3

First post - Welcome to Dirtriderz nibble - you and your mates should jump on some organised rides or even better lead some rides and get to know some members and I’m sure you will get to experience a lot more cool tracks.

Safe riding hopefully see you out there
  • Like 4

Great review Bruce. If this was done on Sunday we crossed paths just around the 2:00 mark in the video. You guys were on a mission! None of the usual indications of how many in the group or when the final rider was going by.

Was that Geoff leading? it looked like him from the back when you were heading towards the main road in the video. The riders butt is only a few centimeters off the seat when standing!

39 minutes ago, IanM said:

Great review Bruce. If this was done on Sunday we crossed paths just around the 2:00 mark in the video. You guys were on a mission! None of the usual indications of how many in the group or when the final rider was going by.

Was that Geoff leading? it looked like him from the back when you were heading towards the main road in the video. The riders butt is only a few centimeters off the seat when standing!

I recognised Bear as your group went past - Jeff led as usual.

2 hours ago, brucektmguy said:

I recognised Bear as your group went past - Jeff led as usual.

Yes, Bear would have been the most recognisable. There was quite a few groups out that day. More riders that I have seen for a while. We came across another group led by Riles about half an hour after we crossed paths.

• Like 1

Ian, good to see you on Sunday. It’s  funny how we all crossed paths during the day several times. Two of my group were late getting there so we left without them. They ended up bumping into Jeff/Bruce’s group and joining them.   We also saw your group at the pub later in the day too.   Anyway the whole of Wombat and surrounding districts all knew about Bruce’s new Beta. It was the talk of the town.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Nice review Bruce and congrats on the new bike. After the bike in the lounge room intro footage I expected the end to have you tucking it into bed.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2