Bubalu

Murdoch's L3 year ender with catering

Just got home from dirtriderz event that ran so well it called for a ride report stat!

Arrived at the meet point @ 7am (hour early) with a bit of rain and wind that had the pre-ride member chatter resemble sardens in a tin with the crew huddled under a 3x3 gazebo:rolleyes:

We eventually had to brave the elements just before 8am, so we geared and were off. Only took maybe 5mins into the ride before the 1st "event"  with 1 rider giving another an accidental roosting. Poor bugger looked like he'd taken a bath in cocoa powder.:ph34r::D

Greatfully it only took about an hour into the ride for the sky's to clear and wind settle so apart from the later arvo dust it was close to perfect dirtbiking conditions.

The ride consisted of a perfect balance of creeks, hills, tight flowy st, play hills (3rd gear, rocky bastard, swamps brother and hamburger 4) 

All members rode very well, with no hold ups at all with a few cheeky buggers putting on shows when it came to their niche:

• Rider= the most aggressive approach to Hamburger 4 I've seen!!! Killed it mate

• Toby= Puuuuring up swamp

• Murdoch= Railing the creek's

• Dann=  Pulling out a McDonald's cheeseburger for a snack.

• Gypsy= Can climb a hill or 2 or actually any!

Lucky last

• Mr Romaniacs Buzz man= Best swamp climb eva!! 3rd, nuts on the tank, eyes on the prized and bloody pinned!!! Thats some WESS series shit right there mate. Wish I filmed it.

Now a bit of ride data (thanks to my super fancy techno savvy GPS watch)

• 6hours 15mins ride time

• 63km travelled

• 1 beta hit Reserve (not mine)

• Average Heart rate 128

• Calories burnt…...4560

I'll sum up with a huge thank you to Mr Murdoch for putting together such a well run ride. Everything ran perfect and the catering at the end!! Wowser mate.

Also a shout to Mr Hill Climb and Riles for braving the dusty and taking on sweep duties for the day.

Looking for to the next 1.

• Like 17
  • Haha 2

A huge thanks to Murdoch for putting this ride on, and the awesome catering after. He must have done a deal with Mother Nature too, the timing of the weather was perfect.

Some of the top riders had fronted up and I knew that the planned loop was a selection of the best Dissa has to offer, I was feeling a bit out my league but got into it. Having a bit of local knowledge decided to take a few 'shortcuts' here and there, meeting back with the group further up the track. Must say well done to the guys that got through the whole loop, it had some pretty challenging tracks.

Thanks to Buzz for helping with lead duties and Gypsy and Riles for sweeping. The sprinkle of rain this morning dried pretty quick and it was still a bit dusty.

• Like 17

Had an absolute blast today!!! It’s good to ride Dissa and be able to join in the fun mid pack!!! Thanks Murdoch for putting it on and for  the mega feed after!!!  

D1AC6207-5FEA-4379-A184-12DE522385C8.jpeg

884A958B-F67F-456C-AAA4-AA6259312DEC.jpeg

7B1EC9A1-EFD6-4D0D-9284-0BA983553C62.jpeg

• Like 18

thanks murdoch for a great ride to finish off the year with, spewing I couldn't stay camping tonight to see the year out kicking back with a fire and drinking a few beers, yeah I also felt a bit intimidated with the amount of top riders glad it was a L3 ride with plenty of help offered :) .

And thanks for catering for all the riders at the end of the ride awesome bloke that cares for fellow ride buddy's and quick to get off his bike to help others when needed :sorriso-02: 

Thanks to gypsy and riles for the sweep duty's 

until next time cheers and have a happy new year.

• Like 16

It was perfect. Thanks fellas.  Thanks for the lead, superb catering/hospitality Murdoch. 

Lots of good moments and riding. Bushy and I listened to Buzz going up swamp full revs. Epic.

E12EFC05-1026-480C-BF49-B6C3A4D560C0.jpeg

54DC7824-D8F5-4A67-B8C1-C335218E9B23.jpeg

65A924DA-DD4F-4F58-8342-884706215E3D.jpeg

A8CF8094-20FB-4202-8178-665BC9010E3C.jpeg

76A55071-82EE-49BA-A20E-5157CADC4955.jpeg

EE125897-815B-45D4-9A9D-4E0E4B0923AB.jpeg

D7F89FAA-36B4-4B41-845A-072173D58C58.jpeg

• Like 17

What a ride to bring in the new year!

Big thanks to Murdoch for putting on the ride (what a man!!!)

Don’t know what was more impressive the feed he put on or the toilet he braved the 40 degree heat to dig in that I discovered upon arrival the night before, he even thought to put in garden lights to mark out the pathway sure that will come in handy tonight after a few to many well deserved beers for the boys who kicked on. 

Once again I’m in complete awe how you blokes tear up these tracks with complete ease it’s incredible to watch and puts a massive smile on my face after every ride. 

Thanks again spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

981A9A76-0C90-4447-99F0-E29E3C45DBA9.jpeg

D5E3B219-B53C-4A70-9882-9B0675E3351F.jpeg

1E8862D4-8B33-4647-A604-EBFBF22A9638.jpeg

2CC70C9B-9E01-4D39-9FB7-B166F8DD42A8.jpeg

7FA23D5F-06DE-415A-8540-CCB4794B37B7.jpeg

• Like 20

A big thanks to Murdoch for organising a great fun ride -and he supplied a massive cooked up for everyone to enjoy after the ride-what a way to finish the year off-your a top bloke Murdoch thanks again mate. I think this is your day for next year buddy.

Good riding everyone - with plenty of laughs and big smiles.

• Like 18

Thanks to all the boys that turned up,
I am really glad you guys enjoyed the day, it was good to be able to give something back to the Dirtriderz community. I had a ball.

Above and Beyond Mentions -
@Gypsy501 and@riles for sweep duties and keeping the banter alive and well.
@Bubalu chasing me down and making me step up in the last track.
@buzz44 for taking the lead through the back half of Dissa
@RIDER ... for being RIDER; a bloke who is ALWAYS up for action, bar bashing, and attacking hills like a pitbull. Also providing dinner, scotch, and breakfast. In that order.
@cruiser for being the bloke we can always depend upon when sh*t needs to get done.

Thanks again for the great turn out, awesome blokes, awesome day. I’m glad you all enjoyed yourselves.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Huge Thanks to Murdoch for organising this ride. Great bunch of blokes, good laughs through out the day. Nice mix of tracks. Good way to end 2019.
Thanks to Gypsy and Riles for being sweep

• Like 9

What can I say. The lead up to an organizing of this ride was as much fun as was the actual day.

Murdoch had it all under control. He knew exactly what he wanted to achieve and executed the plan with perfect detail. The rain was ordered for 4 hrs in the early hours of the day. And it stopped on que for the riding. With a mild 21d. It made for a perfect day. The track selection and order in which they were strung together made for a completely different day at dissa for me. Not sure if you can tell but in one photo I am grinning from ear to ear. and maintained that smile right through the day.

From the marinated lamb to the chicken pieces. We didn't really need to bring out all the rest of the food that was in the fridge. On offer should the troops still need filling. I'm sure we could of fed 50 people should the need have been there. After people had left and only the campers were settling in for the night. That's when things got serious. More marinated lamb hit the bbq. The chivas regal came out and needless to say I was looking for bed a bit early. Managing to stay awake till 12.midnight.

I have to say.....looking at the photos. I'm not getting any younger. And I am by no means a fast rider. With yet another birthday looming in a few weeks. I am very grateful these old bones allow me to still get out and mix it up with the young guns on these types of rides. Even more grateful that these guys allow me to join in on there fun. Trying to mimic there moves and riding styles. I am learning all the time that sometimes the ol body puts the brakes on what I can and cannot do. But it is a lot of fun watching the youngsters rip the track a new one and enjoying life on the bike.

Special mention to Gypsy, Murdoch and Dann. After the ride. I grabbed my spanners and mentioned I was going to adjust my bars. I only got to remove 4 bolts and these blokes took over. I merely stood by and watched as they removed the bars and worked out where to set them up for me. Legends. All I had to do was suit up and go for a test ride. Got to love it when you are surrounded by blokes that aren't shy to just get in there and do what is needed. 

Special mention to Buzz for taking some of the guess work out of a bit of the loop with his fantastic knowledge of Dissa. To all the blokes on the ride. You made this ride rock for me. Made me feel right at home and relaxed knowing we had the right guys along which took any pressure off the lead rider.  I wanted Murdoch to enjoy this day as much as everyone else. I guarantee you......we succeeded.

Thank you to the sweeps Riles and Gypsy. Was terrific to have such competent guys keeping the ride moving.

Rider for your young, full of life and fun attitude out on the trails. And for the food and drink you supplied. Above and beyond mate.

Was good to meet new faces. And hear  there stories. The social side of this ride was up there with some of the best.

Murdoch, what can I say mate. Well done. As Gypsy has said. I think NYE rides are now yours to run. You did a bang up job mate.

Looking forward to our camp at Big River. Hope a few of you blokes are keen. Plenty of the good stuff up that way. 13 - 17 Jan

Till we ride again

Cruiser

20191231_182457.thumb.jpg.bc1f9c61f5c043f78d9fdf251c882253.jpg448941371_20200101_113015(498x1024).thumb.jpg.1b70420dcb63667264a8ae0d230fcbdf.jpg

• Like 17

On 12/31/2019 at 7:43 PM, Bubalu said:

Just got home from dirtriderz event that ran so well it called for a ride report stat!

Arrived at the meet point @ 7am (hour early) with a bit of rain and wind that had the pre-ride member chatter resemble sardens in a tin with the crew huddled under a 3x3 gazebo:rolleyes:

We eventually had to brave the elements just before 8am, so we geared and were off. Only took maybe 5mins into the ride before the 1st "event"  with 1 rider giving another an accidental roosting. Poor bugger looked like he'd taken a bath in cocoa powder.:ph34r::D

Greatfully it only took about an hour into the ride for the sky's to clear and wind settle so apart from the later arvo dust it was close to perfect dirtbiking conditions.

The ride consisted of a perfect balance of creeks, hills, tight flowy st, play hills (3rd gear, rocky bastard, swamps brother and hamburger 4) 

All members rode very well, with no hold ups at all with a few cheeky buggers putting on shows when it came to their niche:

• Rider= the most aggressive approach to Hamburger 4 I've seen!!! Killed it mate

• Toby= Puuuuring up swamp

• Murdoch= Railing the creek's

• Dann=  Pulling out a McDonald's cheeseburger for a snack.

• Gypsy= Can climb a hill or 2 or actually any!

Lucky last

• Mr Romaniacs Buzz man= Best swamp climb eva!! 3rd, nuts on the tank, eyes on the prized and bloody pinned!!! Thats some WESS series shit right there mate. Wish I filmed it.

Now a bit of ride data (thanks to my super fancy techno savvy GPS watch)

• 6hours 15mins ride time

• 63km travelled

• 1 beta hit Reserve (not mine)

• Average Heart rate 128

• Calories burnt…...4560

I'll sum up with a huge thank you to Mr Murdoch for putting together such a well run ride. Everything ran perfect and the catering at the end!! Wowser mate.

Also a shout to Mr Hill Climb and Riles for braving the dusty and taking on sweep duties for the day.

Looking for to the next 1.

So the way I eat I need to at else ride 18 hour to burn it off 

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

Murdoch, a huge THANK-YOU for putting on one of the most entertaining rides I’ve been on for a while. 

And a special mention for putting so much effort in to the food and hospitality as well. Your generosity made up for the Xmas ride lunch not going to plan. 

This was my second time riding at Dissa and your loop there is a perfect mix of slow technical, creeks, hill climbs and faster flowing stuff. It was 100% entertaining and mega fun. 

I’m still re-living some of the epic hill-climbs and grinning as I think about them. They were the highlight for me! So steep and so little traction... it made conquering them so much sweeter.  And watching the huge clouds of dust being created by others as they scrambled and battled - ascending the dry, loose mountains was fantastic. 

Babalu’s stats on the ride were really interesting.  I reckon calories burnt are directly proportional to the fun we had, and average heart rate is the same as average grin rate! LOL

Thanks again Murdoch... I look forward to riding again with you soon. 

And thanks also to Buzz for his contributions to the ride on the day, and for the guys doing sweep duties.  It was a perfect and very memorable day for me. 

Cheers, Toby. 

• Like 17

On 12/31/2019 at 7:43 PM, Bubalu said:

6hours 15mins ride time

Is that moving time or total ride time? 

I love stats ...

Great reports everyone :)

Just now, PeteV said:

I love stats ...

Oh come on, riding time 6.25 hrs, you young blokes are really starting to shit me, I'm knackered after 3 hrs in the saddle. 

• Like 1

Oh come on, riding time 6.25 hrs, you young blokes are really starting to shit me, I'm knackered after 3 hrs in the saddle. 

I would be knackered after 3 hours if I was riding a Beta aswell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Gypsy501 said:

I would be knackered after 3 hours if I was riding a Beta aswell emoji81.png

Beta’s are life.....

Lol you get the shakes after every ride 

you know you secretly want one 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, PeteV said:

I love stats ...

That's total ride time mate. Includes a couple of brief breaks.

Here's a few more interesting stats.(I love them as well:D)

- Average speed 9km per hour 

- Max speed 82km per hour

- My max Hr......187bpm (courtesy of swamp hill)

The only rides I've been on that stat higher would be Buzz's dissa or Gypsy's Goughs. Which the numbers for those are insane!!!:applauso-01:

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Bubalu said:

That's total ride time mate. Includes a couple of brief breaks.

Here's a few more interesting stats.(I love them as well:D)

- Average speed 9km per hour 

- Max speed 82km per hour

- My max Hr......187bpm (courtesy of swamp hill)

The only rides I've been on that stat higher would be Buzz's dissa or Gypsy's Goughs. Which the numbers for those are insane!!!:applauso-01:

My time look a lot worst  than your as 6 hour ride and 10 hour work in shed on it 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I left it a bit late so I'll keep it short. The ride was awesome, great selection of trails with the more flowy stuff kept to a minimum. 

The catering after the ride was superb. Murdoch and Rider pulled out the full masterchef menu and looked after us quite well. Thank you very much, it was great.

• Like 14