Maxx-MRP

1991 CR250R Project Bike Build

On 12/5/2019 at 1:06 AM, walkahz said:

What do you use to clean your aluminium parts?

toothpaste with toothbrush.
scotch brite.
and a lot of elbow grease
:sorriso-05:

• Haha 1

Great documentation of your efforts!
I actually enjoy google translate . It makes for a funny read.

Thankyou for sharing with us your bike resto!

Hello
sorry no work on the bike for a few weeks, I have to move to a new house and a new workshop.
I wish you a very happy new year 2020 and my best wishes.

• Like 1

I like days like that, well it's really not much but it is a pleasure to receive parts for the 250 CR.
To test, but I think it will do the job, compared to the old original hoses which may no longer be very tight.

dmAAr.jpg

• Like 2

not too much time for the CR, but today I took a few minutes to check and repair the needle of the low-speed compression adjustment of the shock absorber that will take place on the bike.
So rectify the needle and it starts again. see to have the red screw re-anodized.

ADG0b.jpg
LKdkN.jpg

Small arrival of parts for the 250 CR today, it is always a pleasure even if it is not much.
You can see there a HotRods crankshaft which is logically sold for the 250 CR from 92 to 2001, but after information taken, it turns out that the HotRods (probably other brands too and OEMs) are compatible with the 90/91 ( see even since the 86) so I wanted to check for myself, the vilo of my engine being nickel I will either keep this one in case I have a problem one day and since it will become a rare commodity (it it's been a while since it was not in stock) or resell it. or in the last case I mount it direct, I don't know anything yet.
Then for the handlebars you know it I like the gray handles grips (and if you do not know it now it is done) to make connection with the air box and the future protections of fork and disc in gray also as in the era of factory Honda RCs, and to finish the piece "Vintage" by excelence, the front fender stiffener, I had that on almost all my motorcycles in the 80s, so this is also a little reminder of the past .
I don't know yet what my motorcycle will look like after reassembly, I have only a vague idea, but I hope that it will turn heads in the paddock with fractures of the retina of the eyes

RJGYY.jpg
AD09b.jpg
7D3Zr.jpg
vdwXo.jpg

• Like 1

I needed a Boyesen Rad Valve for a client, so I took the opportunity to add parts for the 250 CR so as not to have to add additional shipping costs when reaching carriage paid.
So not much, a key for the clutch because I have the vise grip made for but I do not like to use it too much, it is more stable and for the price I do not care to make it a.
The good hose to connect the tank to the carburetor, being the wrong size last time, a can of filter oil (very good I use it since 2010) and finally a small part made in Racetech for my rear shock absorber , for those who know ;)

bXmxg.jpg
EDJpa.jpg
WJ8X3.jpg
DqjJj.jpg
q9LkJ.jpg

• Like 1

Here is the rear shock absorber and the half clutch cover in cerakote paint at a friend's house with my son, I will collect them tomorrow afternoon.

WJZvw.jpg
DqEg2.jpg

half clutch housing and rear shock body returned to the house and small covering work (misery cache) on the radiator grilles, just to give them a little facelift while waiting for new ones one day.

LK1EL.jpg
7DQOm.jpg
ADQ7g.jpg
vdNkA.jpg

• Like 2

bonne écriture, merci pour le partage. J'ai hâte de voir le produit fini!

(Hopefully the above says: great write up, thanks for sharing. can't wait to see the finished product!!)

• Like 1

Hi all
not much new since, it's still on stand-by, but I received a bag of Pro Circuit stickers for temperature control and the shock spring preload nuts.
it doesn't take much to be happy, as Balou would say

8Qbo7.jpg
O18D2.jpg

Hello All

containment Covid-19 requires and not the possibility of going to do the work of my new house and workshop (15 km therefore prohibited, I would have to be within 2 km)
suddenly I do not advance on the restoration since I have no place to work, the bike is completely in pieces so in the boxes it does not take up space.
I therefore finished covering the radiator fins, since it was not found in new ones, unless I found a model of another motorcycle that could be mounted on it.

wOna9.jpg

and some pictures from before

5N2q1.jpg
L2lQO.jpg

Oh !!!!
it is well the exit of confinement, finally I receive a small package of Parts Unlimited with some treats for the 250 CR, 6 months that I waited for the clutch lever.
Yum !!!

p4v1d.jpg
R71w7.jpg
vx12g.jpg
7L9XG.jpg
A1oda.jpg
Ljvp8.jpg
5L3w7.jpg
roAXw.jpg
1DK1Z.jpg

• Like 2

the days pass and the restoration of the motorcycle is still on stand-by, as long as I have not integrated my house and my workshop or I should start work soon.

small reception of the day, the stickers for the radiator fenders and those that will take place on the fork with the old KYB logo.

gGkq7.jpg
kdn2b.jpg
VNEdZ.jpg
akE4e.jpg

• Like 3

Good and well cracked, since I sold the footpegs I had taken at the start for the 250 CR.
There will be grip under the boots, they are beautiful and the weight gain is just impressive.
don't worry guys i plan to blunt the tips ;)

qDxy9.jpg
gDwrK.jpg
kD4Q9.jpg
V2yZ7.jpg

• Like 2

Hi everyone, I know it's not a very funny subject since we haven't seen any reassembly of the bike and its progress yet, but I still haven't been able to start working on it, so I continue to receive parts in view of its reassembly, which I hope will stimulate you a little

the result of some small parts for the reassembly of the motorcycle, that I had ordered more than 2 months ago now, I thought that I would never have them, but hey one is missing, I hope that it will be delivered to me shortly.
there are the rear pad springs and the brake hose guides, the centering pads and studs for the installation of the cylinder on the crankcases, the crankshaft key, the spring washer of the clutch nut, the 2 countersunk screws for one of the gearbox bearings ....

8eG5b.jpg
Oegmx.jpg
0YmXJ.jpg
xWmjo.jpg
Z0nDl.jpg
yWK5g.jpg
YO3QA.jpg

• Like 2

I had a few parts to order for my clients' suspensions, I took the opportunity to add 2 small parts for the CR, it will end up as a factory bike if it continues. ..
ad4JZ.jpg
3D9dj.jpg
nJZK1.jpg
9E1d3.jpg
GX9Pa.jpg
bonus
VJd3V.jpg

• Like 2