Britto

Kenda ibex

Hi all

I just bought one of these to try, feels super soft with good sidewall

Wondering if anyone else has used these and what thoughts you may have??

Cheers

24d998df70aa77521175d35aae829d52.jpg

I’m up at bright this weekend and one of the boys on a 450 just put one on. 100 kms on it so far today and he’s impressed

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mick501 said:

I’m up at bright this weekend and one of the boys on a 450 just put one on. 100 kms on it so far today and he’s impressed

So how's it handling the rocky /Hard terrain wear wise ?

They are a good thing when used in the right terrain. Minimum wheel spin, low speed extreme type terrain though, definitely not a dargo tyre as shown

• Like 2

Have no idea about that tyre but definetly not the terrain for an extreme enduro classed tyre. What tracks you hitting Mick??? Its been over a year since I've been to Bright!

61a6ab8afa46f707b6e2d7bfc99b0c68.jpg&key=4a4efbf6b54feed95588553159b0c69fcca3ccb0066e82bf800f0b1433a302fe
Shagged by days end. Good grip just don’t last. Dead in one ride
Cheers for the feedback.
One day is terrible. Wrong rear tyre choice for the bright area on a big bore. I like dunlops as they last alot better up there and i can get 2 weeks out of them in summer and the grip is good.They wear but don't chuck right out and effect the carcasses integrity. 952 is the best lasting then mx51,mx52 or now it's mx53 which i've never used but i presume they will last. If it rains, a bit of caution is needed until it drys out.
Ibex get good feedback for slower gnarlier style riding with limited wheelspin.I've never used one as i like to usually run tubliss and the kenda ibex apparently is a bit soft in the carcass and is puncture prone with tubliss like the starcross 5 can be.
  • Like 2

What was your thoughts on this tyre Britto ?

Mate, I never got round to putting it on due to the leg injury, and now no riding for a while so it’s just sitting in the garage for now.

Mate, I never got round to putting it on due to the leg injury, and now no riding for a while so it’s just sitting in the garage for now.

Hey buddy, you know the rubber will go off , so I could take it of your hands and try it out for you, lol

Used one up at tenterfield hard enduro, it was near on perfect for that, pretty good wear too for 6 hours ride time. I think it’s only downfall would maybe be wet red clay but I haven’t tried it in that yet. Will be my go to tyre for the extreme stuff, if we get to ride again.034a2692fb52de8a309a2cd4aa05fda6.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Bicey said:

Used one up at tenterfield hard enduro, it was near on perfect for that, pretty good wear too for 6 hours ride time. I think it’s only downfall would maybe be wet red clay but I haven’t tried it in that yet. Will be my go to tyre for the extreme stuff, if we get to ride again.034a2692fb52de8a309a2cd4aa05fda6.jpg

@Bicey are the knobs as tall as the shinko 525?

Hey buddy, you know the rubber will go off , so I could take it of your hands and try it out for you, lol

All good mate, it’s climate controlled in there, perfect for years!
  • Like 1

[mention=2959]Bicey[/mention] are the knobs as tall as the shinko 525?

I’m pretty sure they are, but wider spacing between knobs so better in the looser stuff than the shinko
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gypsy501 said:

Hey buddy, you know the rubber will go off , so I could take it of your hands and try it out for you, lol emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

@Gypsy501 haha I just pictured the scene in castaway with Tom Hanks where he's isolated, stranded on an island but yet talks to his new friend the white leather volleyball...

17 minutes ago, Gypsy501 said:

Hey buddy, you know the rubber will go off , so I could take it of your hands and try it out for you, lol emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

@Gypsy501 haha I just pictured the scene in castaway with Tom Hanks where he's isolated, stranded on an island but yet talks to his new friend the white leather volleyball...

2 minutes ago, Bicey said:

I’m pretty sure they are, but wider spacing between knobs so better in the looser stuff than the shinko

I'm finding the shinko does get loose on the rear on the shalley terrain. 

4 minutes ago, Britto said:

All good mate, it’s climate controlled in there, perfect for years! emoji12.png

@Britto do ya keep em in a wine cellar?

5 minutes ago, Bicey said:

Have you tried the Pirelli XC? If ya have how do they compare?

Used one up at tenterfield hard enduro, it was near on perfect for that, pretty good wear too for 6 hours ride time. I think it’s only downfall would maybe be wet red clay but I haven’t tried it in that yet. Will be my go to tyre for the extreme stuff, if we get to ride again.034a2692fb52de8a309a2cd4aa05fda6.jpg&key=ad6d5e2b3b211ad03c520a0ced0435f520eeb7817f7b4281186b8d452c3064e6

That’s wearing really well Bicey for such a soft compound rubber- and Tenterfield was pretty rocky aswell- I’m interested in trying one.

Thanks for your feed back

• Like 1

I'm finding the shinko does get loose on the rear on the shalley terrain. 

WILSON!!!!
  • Haha 1